Xonotic Forums
Why is the forum dead? - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - General (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Why is the forum dead? (/showthread.php?tid=4503)

Why is the forum dead? - Leroy - 10-04-2013

Why is forum dead? Game is dead too, no new updates...

RE: Why is the forum dead? - end user - 10-04-2013

RE: Why is the forum dead? - Mirio - 10-04-2013

Fake account?

RE: Why is the forum dead? - end user - 10-04-2013

(10-04-2013, 08:06 PM)Mirio Wrote: Fake account?

No Carlton is the real deal.

RE: Why is the forum dead? - CuBe0wL - 10-05-2013

Care to elaborate yourself a bit? I don't think the forum is dead at all, sure, there were times when it was more noisier.
Also, just because there's no official release, it doesn't mean we're not working on new features or the development stopped. Stop spreading FUD.

RE: Why is the forum dead? - Mr. Bougo - 10-05-2013

Yeah, who are you, Leroy? Are you making this observation based on long-time lurking, or did you find it a couple of days ago? Could you not put a little more effort in your criticism?

RE: Why is the forum dead? - Leroy - 10-05-2013

(10-05-2013, 06:40 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Yeah, who are you, Leroy? Are you making this observation based on long-time lurking, or did you find it a couple of days ago? Could you not put a little more effort in your criticism?

I know this game from reading the wikis a couple months ago. Many games I play with an online community forum that no new posts are created are "dead" -like little to no action online.

RE: Why is the forum dead? - Mr. Bougo - 10-05-2013

Gotcha. We could try to publicize and get more players and activity, but the current stance of the team is that we don't want to do that until 1.0. I'm starting to disagree with that.

RE: Why is the forum dead? - machine! - 10-05-2013

I agree with Mr. Bougo. The game is far from dead, but still, more players is needed even though full advertisment like trailer and such ain't needed before 1.0. Pickup feels like it's becoming less and less active, but public servers activity seem to be steady and Mirio hosts cups all the time which is great!

RE: Why is the forum dead? - SpiKe - 10-06-2013

(10-05-2013, 03:15 PM)machine! Wrote: Pickup feels like it's becoming less and less active, but public servers activity seem to be steady and Mirio hosts cups all the time which is great!

Indeed, there are less and less pickups, because some active pickup players just stopped playing.
Also, public servers activity is decreasing too. When I started to play Xonotic over a year ago, there used to be lots of people playing on DCC CTF server Big Grin ... Now it's often empty and people prefer to play Overkill CTF.
Fortunately, Mirio's cups keep bringing some activity ! :p

RE: Why is the forum dead? - Finko - 10-07-2013

(10-06-2013, 04:17 AM)SpiKe! Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 03:15 PM)machine! Wrote: Pickup feels like it's becoming less and less active, but public servers activity seem to be steady and Mirio hosts cups all the time which is great!

Indeed, there are less and less pickups, because some active pickup players just stopped playing.
Also, public servers activity is decreasing too. When I started to play Xonotic over a year ago, there used to be lots of people playing on DCC CTF server Big Grin ... Now it's often empty and people prefer to play Overkill CTF.
Fortunately, Mirio's cups keep bringing some activity ! :p
Well, probably(still not sure), i start to play again...and play 2 pickup games yesterday (2v2tdm and 3v3ca).