Xonotic Forums
[DM] Invertigo - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Map Releases & Reviews (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [DM] Invertigo (/showthread.php?tid=5357)

[DM] Invertigo - MrDetonia - 02-13-2015

EDIT: Name is now 'invertigo', due to 'hypercube' already being in use. New DL link below.

Small, non-euclidean map designed for close and hectic combat. I made this experimenting with Warpzones for another map currently in-progress, and decided I quite like it. I've played a few games with friends using it and it seems to work well.

Colour scheme was inspired by the default CS Source textures (suggested by a friend of mine), and the map layout was a mix of Mirror's Edge and Antichamber.

This is my first map submitted here, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated Smile
Hope you like it!

NOTE: Requires reflections to be set to full in order to display warpzones.

Screenshots:

Download (updated to v1.1):

.pk3   invertigo_1.1.pk3 (Size: 286.69 KB / Downloads: 57)

RE: [DM] Hypercube - Smilecythe - 02-13-2015

Not sure if it's something on my end or the map, but the warpzone surfaces doesn't work for me: http://i.imgur.com/CDKJQls.png

RE: [DM] Hypercube - -maniac|Su- - 02-13-2015

same here - warpzone surfaces doesn't work for me Tongue

GreetZ Su

RE: [DM] Hypercube - MrDetonia - 02-13-2015

Welp. I broke something Sad

I can't seem to replicate this myself. I've tried from a clean data directory and just the .pk3 I uploaded and it works fine for me. Also fiddled with various graphics settings and couldn't break it.

It looks as though the warpzone shader is refusing to work, you're both just seeing the base texture. I'll keep trying to figure out what I did; maybe some of the more experienced mappers (i.e. ones that know what they're doing Tongue) on here will be able to help?

RE: [DM] Hypercube - Mario - 02-13-2015

Hard to tell what the warpzone issue would be, as it doesn't happen to me.

To someone with the problem: run this in console: which scripts/common.shader
Post the output here.

Nice work MrDetonia, couple of suggestions:
Give the package (and possibly the map itself) a version number. You're very likely going to make more versions of it, a versioning scheme like hypercube_01.pk3 could work.
To keep standards, prefix the texture folder and shader file with map_, e.g. textures/map_hypercube/texturestuff and scripts/map_hypercube.shader.
Force enable warpzones. Seems this map relies on them quite a lot, you can do that by adding the following lines to .mapinfo:
clientsettemp_for_type all r_water 1
clientsettemp_for_type all r_water_resolutionmultiplier 1

It's a nice map, but there is an old map with a similar name on these forums...
[Image: hypercube_m1.jpg]

RE: [DM] Hypercube - MrDetonia - 02-13-2015

Cheers Mario. Smile

Didn't know the name was already used; my bad, I should have done a search first. Name is now 'invertigo'.

Files+Directories are now named as suggested, and reflections are enabled in the mapconfig.

New version is linked in first post.

RE: [DM] Hypercube - Mario - 02-13-2015

Nice, quick work there, congratulations on your first (posted) map!

RE: [DM] Hypercube - BuddyFriendGuy - 08-09-2015

Can OP or MOD change the post title to the new name 'invertigo'?

RE: [DM] Hypercube - BuddyFriendGuy - 10-05-2015

I really like this map. However, some of us are experiencing the same problem as Smilecythe, while some don't.

Mario, this is my output. Not very sure what's going on or how to fix it. I can revise 7 colors if it's the one that should be changed.

Quote:] which scripts/common.shader
scripts/common.shader is in package 7colors_r03.pk3

EDIT: found the cause. I'll change 7 color's name space from common/* to wop_common/*. Mario, good catch! Thanks a lot!

For those of you who experience the same problem, Mario's command helps you identify which map file overwrites the crucial textures. In my case, 7colors_r03.pk3's has some textures/common/* overwriting Xonotic's textures/common/*, causing the problem. My solution is to fix 7colors's texture names, but you may simply delete the offending maps, and report the problems to game server admins.