Xonotic Forums
New Crosshair Set - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Development (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: New Crosshair Set (/showthread.php?tid=542)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New Crosshair Set [W.I.P] - Antibody - 07-14-2010

If we went the route of doing crosshair "packs" then they need not be of the same style. I think of them as being like regular mouse cursors on your desktop - some like the flash of animations and whatnot, while others prefer a regular ole dot.

RE: New Crosshair Set [W.I.P] - Roanoke - 07-14-2010

Indeed, think of them as cursors - each cursor in the set (waiting, hand, clicking, normal, etc.) stylistically matches the others. One does not look like this while the others look like this.

RE: New Crosshair Set [W.I.P] - Antibody - 07-14-2010

Yup, agreed there. Each pack should be the same stylistically. What I'm saying is that both sets presented are great, and it would be a shame if one couldn't be included (thus the "packs" feature you mentioned is a good one).

RE: New Crosshair Set [W.I.P] - Roanoke - 07-14-2010

Yes, that's what I meant - packs don't have to share a style, but crosshairs within a pack should share a style (and each pack should include generic and per-weapon xhairs).

RE: New Crosshair Set [W.I.P] - FruitieX - 07-19-2010

Still, we need new defaults. Tongue

RE: New Crosshair Set - adriennbelly - 08-23-2010

You can change the viewing angle with snapang, you can use to restore snapang at 0 degrees.I fully support adding the ability to set a different crosshair for every weapon, it would indeed help very much. I hope a way to add such a thing can be found in the end, it would be very nice and useful if possible.

RE: New Crosshair Set - FruitieX - 10-02-2010

om nom nom spam

still, anyone has a pk3 with gpl sources?

RE: New Crosshair Set - unfa - 10-02-2010

(10-02-2010, 05:06 PM)FruitieX Wrote: om nom nom spam

still, anyone has a pk3 with gpl sources?

Sources for our current crosshairs?

RE: New Crosshair Set - FruitieX - 10-03-2010

Well, a pk3 with the crosshairs would already do. Can't add them to the game if there's nothing provided to add.
If there are svg sources or such, then it's a good idea to include those as well.

New Crosshair Set - aa - 11-11-2013

A try at crosshair making. Unfortunately, the replace already existing crosshairs. Is it possible to avoid that?

RE: New Crosshair Set - Justin - 11-12-2013

This looks very stylish, aa. Good job! The upper right one might be too distracting but rest is brilliant!

RE: New Crosshair Set - Mirio - 11-12-2013

Maybe it might not be a real problem, if they could be used as replacements for "worse" crosshairs. Smile

RE: New Crosshair Set - machine! - 11-12-2013

I get a RPG feeling with those. Smile Get flashbacks to Oblivion...

RE: New Crosshair Set - aa - 11-12-2013

(11-12-2013, 03:10 PM)machine! Wrote: I get a RPG feeling with those. Smile Get flashbacks to Oblivion...
This is the first step in making singleplayer.
I guess it is the high qualitySmile

t I agree that the top right one is way to distracting, gotta try to make some more.

RE: New Crosshair Set - aa - 11-16-2013

New Crosshairs!
[Image: 0_cd858_5e9077f4_orig]

RE: New Crosshair Set - Maddin - 11-16-2013

You´ve done a nice job creating these crosshair, no doubt! Smile But to be honest using such crosshairs in the game is not only distracting but also you won´t even have that much detail at the normal crosshair-size.

RE: New Crosshair Set - unfa - 12-07-2013

aa, nice desingn! These shapes look gothic to me.
Only watch out for cropped blur - that's no good Big Grin

I'd suggest a name for your pack:
Blades

RE: New Crosshair Set - NoClue - 02-08-2023

How do i actually use these crosshairs? WHen putting the pk3 to xonotic/user/data it wont show up in options?!