Xonotic Forums
Join my Xonotic Mumble Server! - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - General (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Join my Xonotic Mumble Server! (/showthread.php?tid=5982)

Join my Xonotic Mumble Server! - VertX - 01-13-2016

Hello people! I just made a Mumble server for Xonotic players! The server is currently running on a Raspberry Pi 2 Wink Join in at vertx.mooo.com! be sure to have a proper certificate, please.

RE: Join my Xonotic Mumble Server! - Slick Butter - 01-13-2016

Not to be rude, but why Mumble instead of Teamspeak, or even Discord (I know you can't really host Discord on your own hardware, but it's got a lot of nice features and a great UI)?

RE: Join my Xonotic Mumble Server! - thimo - 01-14-2016

Mumble is lighter, it has better quality and as a software is just tenmillion times better. Never used TS myself, only when i've _HAD_ to join there. Happy to see ppl using mumble more nowadays Smile

Wish i could talk english, could join talking there!

RE: Join my Xonotic Mumble Server! - VertX - 01-14-2016

I use Mumble for the reasons Thimo gave. I just want something that is much lighter to fit on the Raspberry Pi.

RE: Join my Xonotic Mumble Server! - Slick Butter - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 12:03 AM)thimo Wrote: Mumble is lighter, it has better quality and as a software is just tenmillion times better. Never used TS myself, only when i've _HAD_ to join there. Happy to see ppl using mumble more nowadays Smile

Wish i could talk english, could join talking there!

Hmm... I've used Mumble and TS, I have to say TS is far more accessible and easier to set up, as well as it has a better UI (although that's not saying much -- both are ugly as sin). I can't comment on how light Mumble is compared to TS, but Teamspeak is already incredibly lightweight in terms of CPU and RAM usage. I know that every little bit counts though when running something off of low-spec hardware like a Raspberry Pi, so if the difference is that big between the two's hardware usage then I guess that makes sense.

RE: Join my Xonotic Mumble Server! - Ch4mp - 01-14-2016

Mumble is poor, but I like how it's easy to install and manage.

I'm waiting for the version 3.
Then I migrate from TS to Mumble.

RE: Join my Xonotic Mumble Server! - aa - 01-14-2016

Sounds great. I approve of using mumble. Will join it when playing Son.

RE: Join my Xonotic Mumble Server! - PetaByteBoy - 03-02-2016

The server seems to be offline. I have one running at petabyteboy.de too if anyone needs a server..

RE: Join my Xonotic Mumble Server! - fool - 03-16-2016

(01-13-2016, 08:43 PM)Slick Butter Wrote: Not to be rude, but why Mumble instead of Teamspeak, or even Discord (I know you can't really host Discord on your own hardware, but it's got a lot of nice features and a great UI)?

Mumble is also open source, which does matter to some people.

Public Mumble Server - heyalex - 03-23-2016

Mumble server created and is free for anyone to join. The Xonotic devs are free to add it to their webpages to get newcomers and non-forum users to join.

Server: mumble-us.cleanvoice.com
Port:39697