Xonotic Forums
Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome! - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Server Administration (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome! (/showthread.php?tid=6020)

Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome! - wannawin - 02-06-2016

I just made Potato Paradise a duel server exclusive for xoylent which I think is the best insta map.

I was inspired from this video: https://youtu.be/F2Pk8w7gJcA

I would like to have the movement ability like he has. I think that this kind of gameplay is what makes xonotic unique. And what I very like about it.

I have always have the best plays in duel mode, and this is by far my favorite map, and I think it is hard to get bored on it. So I don't think that a server dedicated to just one map would be a problem. It is like when some player in cs:go always want to be play on dust2.

Just very simple stuffs like the insta only, one good map only, and in duel. I think that this is perfect for someone who want to be better in that kind of playing.

I am planning to add some good music to it. Maybe a little editing in the map, just to fix some little things.

Later I am planning to test my video recording abilities. There are very few quality video on youtube about the insta mode. It deserves some.

What do you think?

RE: Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome! - Smilecythe - 02-06-2016

Well, here's few points to consider:

- Xoylent isn't comparable to dust2 at how popular it is compared to other maps. Hub3aeroq3a_nex_r4 and farewell are being played a way more.
- Xoylent is one of the worst maps performance wise, high brush count and low FPS. (Some people play with potato computers, so your server would not really be a potato paradise).
- If people play in your server and they want to change the map, they have to switch server.
- If you play a game on Xoylent and want to play it again, all you gotta do is write vcall restart to console before the vote screen runs out of time. If you're on a Xoylent marathon with a friend, you can easily do this on any server that has Xoylent on it.
- Oh and indeed, Xoylent is already available almost on every server.

RE: Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome! - wannawin - 02-13-2016

Pardon for not answering sooner.

- I wasn't say that it is comparable in popularity.
- I wasn't meant to optimize it for low end pc, the potato in the title means it is that amazing as a potato. Because potatoes are awesome.
- It is without question. That is applying anything what dedicates itself for one particular thing.
- I do not want to call any vote, I just would like to play Xoylent again and again until I get bored of it.
- And on this server too.

I do not see anything that would be against my original intent.

Until now I was just playing with a bot on my own computer, but now I do not have to do the setting every time I want to play, namely set 1 bot, set it to godlike, set instagib, set hook, set xoylent. And when I am playing, now I have a chance that someone will join. It is pure winning for me in this form now.

Good to be commented from such a great player. Smile

RE: Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome! - Halogene - 02-14-2016

(02-13-2016, 07:39 AM)fuckinrainbowpower Wrote: Until now I was just playing with a bot on my own computer, but now I do not have to do the setting every time I want to play, namely set 1 bot, set it to godlike, set instagib, set hook, set xoylent. And when I am playing, now I have a chance that someone will join. It is pure winning for me in this form now.

Now that I call convincing reasoning.

* Halogene approves

RE: Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome! - Beagle - 02-14-2016

Just make a exec file.... or an autoexec and true it is one of the worst maps can't compare it to dust2

RE: Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome! - wannawin - 02-18-2016

It seems you doesn't like when somebody want to do the things in his own way. Smile

Halogene, I do not want to convince you or anybody else here.

Beagle, STILL wasn't compare xoylent to dust2, and if it is one of the worst maps for you problaly you preferer a different gaming style. And not really think the exec file would be better.

RE: Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome! - Halogene - 02-18-2016

(02-18-2016, 08:31 AM)fuckinrainbowpower Wrote: It seems you doesn't like when somebody want to do the things in his own way. Smile

Who doesn't like when somebody wants to do things in his own way? I think (whether or not you were aiming at convincing anyone) your explanation of why you set up the server that way shows a splendid approach on the goal you wanted to achieve. I kike that. There was no irony involved in my previous post.

RE: Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome! - wannawin - 02-18-2016

(02-18-2016, 09:48 AM)Halogene Wrote:
(02-18-2016, 08:31 AM)fuckinrainbowpower Wrote: It seems you doesn't like when somebody want to do the things in his own way. Smile

Who doesn't like when somebody wants to do things in his own way? I think (whether or not you were aiming at convincing anyone) your explanation of why you set up the server that way shows a splendid approach on the goal you wanted to achieve. I kike that. There was no irony involved in my previous post.

Ohh. Okay. Seems I was then misunderstood you. Cool.

RE: Potato Paradise. Made a xoylent duel insta server. You are welcome! - Smilecythe - 02-19-2016

Well I don't know about these other jackasses, but I'm just trying to convince you that you might be doing it the hard way.