Xonotic Forums
[SUGGESTION] NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Suggestion Box (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: [SUGGESTION] NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER (/showthread.php?tid=613)

NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - rainerzufalldererste - 06-22-2010

This new weapon should be a powerful close range weapon!
but there should be a easy way to kill the one with this weapon:
A backback on the back of the one with this weapon. If you hit it
the weapon carrier will die with a big destructive explosion.

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - Roanoke - 06-22-2010

Do we really need two fire based weapons?

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - _para - 06-22-2010

i think its a good idea ... i saw flamethrower textures in svn... long long time ago

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - kojn^ - 06-22-2010

Can we just concentrate on fixing the weapons we have at the moment, when they start to get balanced or give idea's on what should be changed for them, or even replacing rather then a new weapon as such. Sounds more RTCW (Return To Castle Wolfenstein) then a fast-paced classic FPS.

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - Vael - 06-22-2010

Flamethrower is a pretty cool idea. If included, damage should increase the closer you get to your target.

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - Cortez666 - 06-22-2010

im not sure if such dynamic particles as they are need for a flamethrower are even possible

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - Agamalama - 06-22-2010

(06-22-2010, 01:35 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Can we just concentrate on fixing the weapons we have at the moment, when they start to get balanced or give idea's on what should be changed for them, or even replacing rather then a new weapon as such. Sounds more RTCW (Return To Castle Wolfenstein) then a fast-paced classic FPS.

+1

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - clanclanclan - 06-23-2010

I would say yes due to my profile picture...

BUT

I agree that there is no point in a fireball + flamethrower. Perhaps it would be nice as a fireball primary mode (firemines are pretty useless) instead of a standalone weapon.

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - Roanoke - 06-23-2010

Firemines are useful - think of them as electro balls that deal residual damage. They're quite effective if you hit someone with them.

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - divVerent - 06-24-2010

I consider the big boom of the fireball weapon more useful and the firemines a failed experiment... but changing the firemine fire mode to a flamethrower, sure, why not.

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - Ulrich - 06-24-2010

Great idea!

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - Silverburn - 06-25-2010

Bad idea, this isn't Tremulous and even there it's a non-often used weapon, for good reasons(it sucks).

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - Roanoke - 06-25-2010

(06-25-2010, 05:56 PM)Silverburn Wrote: Bad idea, this isn't Tremulous and even there it's a non-often used weapon, for good reasons(it sucks).

It's quite powerful, as long as you don't walk into the flames.

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - Flying Steel - 06-26-2010

I think it got rebalanced, so that might not be a problem anymore in 1.2.

Also, Xonotic isn't Halo, so I guess we shouldn't have jumping or regenerating health either.

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - Roanoke - 06-26-2010

Not that halo invented those things, but I see your point.
"Game X has this" is not a good argument for not implementing a feature.

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - FruitieX - 06-26-2010

s/laser/flamethrower/g

But not as a new weapon, no.

(06-26-2010, 11:44 AM)FruitieX Wrote: s/laser/flamethrower/g
Removing the laser? Why would you do that?

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - rainerzufalldererste - 06-26-2010

We could use the flamethrower instead of the primary or second function of the fireball

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - Flying Steel - 06-26-2010

(06-26-2010, 11:35 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Not that halo invented those things, but I see your point.
"Game X has this" is not a good argument for not implementing a feature.

That's partly the point, Tremulous didn't invent the flamethrower either.

Quote:Removing the laser? Why would you do that?

Possibly because it's the lamest weapon in the arsenal.

(06-26-2010, 07:35 PM)Flying Steel Wrote: That's partly the point, Tremulous didn't invent the flamethrower either.
That's still not a very good argument against inclusion.

(06-26-2010, 07:35 PM)Flying Steel Wrote: Possibly because it's the lamest weapon in the arsenal.
Good one!

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - rainerzufalldererste - 07-03-2010

found a video on youtube about a flamethrower in Darkplaces
maybe it helpes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAXUvmMy7AQ&feature=related

RE: NEW WEAPON: FLAME THROWER - simplus - 07-16-2010

(06-22-2010, 01:35 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Can we just concentrate on fixing the weapons we have at the moment, when they start to get balanced or give idea's on what should be changed for them, or even replacing rather then a new weapon as such. Sounds more RTCW (Return To Castle Wolfenstein) then a fast-paced classic FPS.

If you start removing and replacing weapons you should be banned. The whole reason the fork started was because lord havok removed some weapons and didn't allow others in.

Go back to nexuiz.

(06-24-2010, 05:34 AM)divVerent Wrote: I consider the big boom of the fireball weapon more useful and the firemines a failed experiment... but changing the firemine fire mode to a flamethrower, sure, why not.

Increase their lifetime and damage rate and they work fine.
They're not a failed experiment, they're one of my favorite weapons.

When you allow lots of weapons in a game everyone can find one they love.
I'd like to see more new weapons use the fuel ammo type (like seperate weapon of flamethrower):
primary: shoot flame. Secondary: shoot fuel only. (then can be ignited by primary, sticks to players and floor etc, floats on water).

Diffrent than the fireball weapon, uses fuel ammo.
Please don't remove current weapons, that was a nexuiz thing.