Xonotic Forums
Screenshots of what you're doing. - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Editing and Concept Art (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Screenshots of what you're doing. (/showthread.php?tid=69)

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Halogene - 05-06-2011

oooh soo cool. Can't the light up effect be calculated client-side? Ah hmmm the anti-wall-hack... but if you don't calculate vis on the map everything should be visible for the clients and they could do the calculating of the floor tiles?

* Halogene is a noob in such things :o(

with "fading slowly" I meant that they don't just switch off but gradually fade, but my "oh so cool" related to the fact that they light up dynamically in the first place. :oD

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Debugger - 05-06-2011

I dont know exactly what this is about, but I can guess that there are the floor tiles which are triggered by the player obove them. So the start glowing or whatelse Tongue

Anyway I cant imagine this would disrupt/bug anticheat, it should be a patch mesh or smth like that which is triggered somehow. For a better performance, it should be (of course) client-side only. (preferably with an option to controll this "feature" for weaker pc's)

Please correct me if Im wrong or if I missed some point Wink

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - CuBe0wL - 05-07-2011

Yes, you've guessed right, the effect is created by a shitload of func_doors, that can be triggered to open. They are not patch meshes, but rather normal brushes with invisible sides.
Too bad, I don't have any idea how to make this client side and configurable.

[Image: s0n5bo39jcc10zx0u2bd_thumb.jpeg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Strahlemann - 05-08-2011

cool Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - vede - 05-08-2011

One
Two

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Squigger - 05-08-2011

vede, those look very nice, what map is that?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Fisume - 05-09-2011

(05-08-2011, 05:39 PM)vede Wrote: One
Two

[Image: 30505ouib.gif]

Wow, this looks amazing!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - nowego4 - 05-09-2011

@vede: Nice job, especially on the rock walls. I would use a shader (like on afterslime) on those crates though, the trim texture isn't the best IMHO.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Cortez666 - 05-09-2011

(05-08-2011, 10:51 PM)Squigger Wrote: vede, those look very nice, what map is that?

i assume a map he is making atm

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - CuBe0wL - 05-09-2011

[Image: aqwa81mkqevo9bjq2d1_thumb.jpg]

[Image: l3esduorv7uc1mz4t5u_thumb.jpg]

[Image: zox5o2n4ndtvjab51ql_thumb.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Squigger - 05-09-2011

Cool, possible new vehicle perhaps?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - hutty - 05-09-2011

if only it could fly.........

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - vede - 05-09-2011

(05-09-2011, 12:51 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(05-08-2011, 10:51 PM)Squigger Wrote: vede, those look very nice, what map is that?

i assume a map he is making atm

Yes, it's just a random thing I started working on. No real layout in mind yet, just making detailed rooms because it's fun at this point. I'm sure it'll start to fill out eventually.

In the meantime, a hallway.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - theShadow - 05-10-2011

niiiiice

glad to see you are getting some use out of that texture set Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Antibody - 05-10-2011

vede, that hallway reminds me of a cold-war area missile silo! Not that I've seen one in person, but...nice work!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Justin - 05-10-2011

Quote:if only it could fly.........
Hahaha! Point for You! Smile
C.Brutail: This vehicle looks too heavy imo! No chance to take off. No chance! Big Grin

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MirceaKitsune - 05-10-2011

Glowmod weapons, using the same system as players (shirt color for paint, pants color for glow). All weapon textures adapted. See mirceakitsune/glowmod_weapons on GIT to try it out!

[Image: udbjgeuyig01f4onjiy2_thumb.jpg] [Image: qzkoyw5v9uppmbcd6l71_thumb.jpg] [Image: 5pciglqic5g9gmebyqv_thumb.jpg] [Image: qqvtwszaotiaqf15147_thumb.jpg] [Image: po1ttcfwg0rl65fvswcz_thumb.jpg] [Image: 1wflqcmm9zbbrxr4b7c_thumb.jpg] [Image: icptabidegtr4dohixk_thumb.jpg] [Image: a8mn2d5zt4bsa12cooq8_thumb.jpg] [Image: stu409ngsreqiyapsrb3_thumb.jpg] [Image: 9x55rmqy9s0ybw37zryk_thumb.jpg] [Image: 1dbakeml3wmd9yjmzwa1_thumb.jpg] [Image: vmxu5qq6ea22ookar2zp_thumb.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Exitium - 05-10-2011

(05-10-2011, 04:23 PM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: Glowmod weapons

Whoa nice! Anyhow, do you have any ideas how these could work in-game? It looks nice, but I don't have any "useful" use for this feature in my mind...

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MirceaKitsune - 05-10-2011

(05-10-2011, 04:30 PM)Exitium Wrote: Whoa nice! Anyhow, do you have any ideas how these could work in-game? It looks nice, but I don't have any "useful" use for this feature in my mind...

They don't change any functionality. The feature was intended for eye candy only, and keeping Xonotic up with the modern artistic trend of our days Smile An use they do have however, is making players (as well as weapon pickups) even easier to see.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - FruitieX - 05-10-2011

Yesssss do want!

Makes your colors pop out even more and looks outright awesome Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Exitium - 05-10-2011

(05-10-2011, 04:36 PM)MirceaKitsune Wrote:
(05-10-2011, 04:30 PM)Exitium Wrote: Whoa nice! Anyhow, do you have any ideas how these could work in-game? It looks nice, but I don't have any "useful" use for this feature in my mind...

They don't change any functionality. The feature was intended for eye candy only, and keeping Xonotic up with the modern artistic trend of our days Smile An use they do have however, is making players (as well as weapon pickups) even easier to see.

Oh, all right. Smile I was just thinking about glowing weapons while have Strength etc. or similar.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Squigger - 05-10-2011

It would be cool if for example the projectile of the crylink would have the same color as the glowmod on the weapon itself. Is this possible, and could it be done with other weapons that would apply as well (e.g. electro, upcoming electric gun, e.t.c.) ?

Either way this glowmod looks awesome!!!Big Grin

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - nowego4 - 05-10-2011

MirceaKitsune Wrote:...
Nice work, as always. these will go well with the glowing erebus model.

But the nex does not appear to have one... is there a reason for this?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - DiaboliK - 05-10-2011

because the nex has a different glowmod for charging. so it goes from blue -> red to show charge. but now it will have to be changed to player color -> different color or something to show charging.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Lee_Stricklin - 05-10-2011

Pretty cool, though I think the parts of the weapons that already glowed to begin with along with weapon sights shouldn't have the player color applied to it. Also it would be nice if it was a bit more subtle, kinda like the paint you see on road signs as opposed to being completely overbright.