Xonotic Forums
Screenshots of what you're doing. - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Editing and Concept Art (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Screenshots of what you're doing. (/showthread.php?tid=69)

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - DiaboliK - 06-22-2011

very nice strahlemann

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - noobermin - 06-23-2011

Jesus fucking christ.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MirceaKitsune - 06-23-2011

(06-22-2011, 08:12 PM)Strahlemann Wrote: [Image: xz0umrihdk3graadfxu0_thumb.jpg]

It looks gorgeous, yes Smile Could you share the map file as well please? If possible, put it on a GIT branch to let the auto-compiler take care of it.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Strahlemann - 06-23-2011

I have to take a closer look at git to do so, but i probably have some time this weekend.
Still it's far away from even a beta, so i tend to continue working on it until a first beta/ late alpha before adding it to git

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - unfa - 06-23-2011

Wow, this looks cool, Strahlemann!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Leeloo - 06-23-2011

Almost done, I've to work on the lights and trying to increase FPS wich is between 40 and 150.
[Image: tOTczbA]
[Image: tOTczbQ]
[Image: tOTczbg]
[Image: tOTczbw]
[Image: tOTczcA]
[Image: tOTczcQ]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Squigger - 06-23-2011

Leeloo, that is very cool too, my gosh its full of blue Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Leeloo - 06-23-2011

Newbie skybox problem, I install a windows (dual boot) to install terragen to generate a skybox. Not really a good job :-( I can say a verry bad job... I want to do something look like the lava cenary around the fight of Obi-wan Kenobi and Anakim Skywalker in the movie episode 3. It is a desaster :-(, I've got a lot to learn.

It is a remake of a old quake3 map stei6, I liked so much to play in that time.

[Image: tOTdlbQ]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - CuBe0wL - 06-24-2011

Yeah, that is just too much red, but good job anyway, man learns with trial/error sometimes Wink. Looks like, it is not projected at all. Skyboxes are a special kind of shaders, look at some official ones how they work. That being said, you only have to be sure, that each textures are named at their respected points of the compass (front, back, left, right, up, down). Projecting them on the sky is the engines job.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Lord Canistra - 06-24-2011

Quote:FPS wich is between 40 and 150
Forget about optimizing it. Judging from the screenshots, you can see tons of transparent textures on many surfaces from any point of view. This will just lag on every PC.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Sepelio - 06-24-2011

Leeloo - skyboxes are a pain in the arse. I was trying to make some using space scape and they tend to only half work. Often the program hasn't labelled/aligned them in a way that the engine likes so images end up on the wrong sides/not correctly rotated.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Leeloo - 06-24-2011

Ho I see! I am desapointed It is nice looking like that. I will texture X-evilspaceremix again using much less transparence textures.

I realised befor to go to bed last night that projected skybox was a shader when I looked at Sev's stuff. For stei6 map I will go simple, I will use a night stars back ground it's gonna be easy to fit all sides together and it will match with the map.

A question, What is the most suitable FPS, is 100 is good as a the lower rate?

Thank you for your advices.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - CuBe0wL - 06-24-2011

Hard to tell, because the rig on you develop the map might be better or worse than the other players'.
I''d say optimosing a map for "normal" cfg is the best way to go.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Strahlemann - 06-24-2011

Leeloo, this looks promoising. But it seems like you have no lighting going on at all. i can't tell a single shadow on your first blue map screens. What are your compile settings?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - master[mind] - 06-24-2011

(06-14-2011, 04:18 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: Turning on/off lights is not possible in q3bsp, forget it.

Or possibly not? If the light has a decently small number of variations, compile multiple lightmaps, then discard unchanged data and interpolate between frames. "Dynamic" lighting without the performance hit. The only more serious improvement would be to remove the Dynamic World Lights completely(replace with this) and use a simpler shadow volume method.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Strahlemann - 06-24-2011

[Image: gc7tkmbvo5t2q157wxw_thumb.jpg] [Image: awra10ndu320l8rd7885_thumb.jpg] [Image: hjbc95eau7sc7nlspbt_thumb.jpg]
The lighting is still in a very early stage and it will get brighter. So just detailing architecture atm.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - nowego4 - 06-24-2011

Strahlemann: Don't make it to bright, don't want it to look like Facility114. Also the rock with the wire in front is a good touch, makes the whole thing seem set into the earth.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - master[mind] - 06-24-2011

Reminds me of Shattered Horizon Strahlemann. Looks gorgeous!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Leeloo - 06-24-2011

Verry nice Strahlemann, I like textures and lights. About my screensots, i did not set light because I though the light was the cause of the low FPS. (dont forget I am a newbie on mapping) I have to experience different setting and also I have to read on the subjet. All doc I found are in english (not easy4me). I learn a lot reading your posts. I compile with "xonotic final approved and recommended" I dont know yet what are the other settings. I thougfh it was almost done but a lots of job left to do befor to release the 2 maps.

What setting should I use to compilling maps?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MintOX - 06-25-2011

Thats fkn sexy!

(06-24-2011, 07:52 PM)Strahlemann Wrote: [Image: gc7tkmbvo5t2q157wxw_thumb.jpg] [Image: awra10ndu320l8rd7885_thumb.jpg] [Image: hjbc95eau7sc7nlspbt_thumb.jpg]
The lighting is still in a very early stage and it will get brighter. So just detailing architecture atm.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MirceaKitsune - 06-25-2011

(06-24-2011, 07:52 PM)Strahlemann Wrote: [Image: gc7tkmbvo5t2q157wxw_thumb.jpg] [Image: awra10ndu320l8rd7885_thumb.jpg] [Image: hjbc95eau7sc7nlspbt_thumb.jpg]

I love it! When can you post the map please?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Mirio - 06-25-2011

(06-25-2011, 05:25 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: I love it! When can you post the map please?

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1900

Almost no textures in alpha 1 though. Wink

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MirceaKitsune - 06-25-2011

(06-25-2011, 05:51 AM)Mirio Wrote: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1900

Almost no textures in alpha 1 though. Wink

Thanks. Was hoping for the latest version, as that's from when the map was a basic layout Smile I'll wait though, if that hasn't been posted yet.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Strahlemann - 06-25-2011

It's still work in progress and far away from a first beta. It will take some more weeks to detail everything.
Glad you like it though Smile
@Leeloo: for testing purposes a fast vis, fast light compile in NetRadiant should suffice and still give you some basic lighting (i used those settings for my screens posted above). If there's still no visible lighting going on, something is broken with your map. Feel free to post your *.map file then

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MirceaKitsune - 06-26-2011

Weapon impacts for plasma and rocket weapons. This started from my idea of making glowing weapon decals for plasma weapons. Since darkplaces only supports black decals, I'm using crater-like models instead.

Only done for the Laser and HLAC so far, but this is how it looks like:

[Image: f9ctld8tj7yno6pg38kk_thumb.jpg] [Image: yxfu03mmlufar6u5g3c_thumb.jpg] [Image: 8b9m2flgpu9sywbpjiv_thumb.jpg] [Image: zyurh0ro920my801cmr_thumb.jpg] [Image: 2hw24o7oqco6tamvch_thumb.jpg] [Image: 62bstmnx5l65o3jkyfky_thumb.jpg] [Image: 5hx33eoxg6hy07u87xga_thumb.jpg] [Image: uup65yndabj5zl3x3giv_thumb.jpg] [Image: krosw9hp0slzk2n68wl_thumb.jpg] [Image: vgqjm5mgxi6adzisd0p2_thumb.jpg] [Image: vqezyld6otkzbt2xrjtr_thumb.jpg] [Image: z1ocyc2yjbnquggryyj_thumb.jpg]