Xonotic Forums
Screenshots of what you're doing. - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Editing and Concept Art (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Screenshots of what you're doing. (/showthread.php?tid=69)

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Maddin - 06-30-2011

Indeed, this looks great! But maybe the red elements should be a little more orange so that it fits to the logo. And will there be a filter for the ranking list that it´ll show your position beside other players (if you´re not in the top 10)?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Nestel - 06-30-2011

[Image: yui00iu1ha0dclpx2o2_thumb.jpg]
WIP, hope soon Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - unfa - 06-30-2011

Breaking the silence, as always...

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - chooksta - 07-01-2011

mr cubeowl , i would like to say this is the most popular forum nerd thingo ever and deserves two wings up from me

yay!

good on ya mate !

t

:^

also unfar , heheheh , u rock man! Big Grin

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Leeloo - 07-01-2011

To finish it i have to learn how to make a better textured backgroud, add more eyecandy details and play with the light. I'am learning to use blender and I created some very good scenery but still have problem to export as obj with mtl files.
I have a lots stuff to learn, mapping, gimp for texturing, blender, coding...
It needs time :-) Enjoy those screenshots.

[Image: tOWFoZA]
[Image: tOWFoZQ]
[Image: tOWFoZw]
[Image: tOWFoaA]

Is somebody know the xonotic command to make some clean screenshots in game?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Mirio - 07-01-2011

(07-01-2011, 09:54 AM)Leeloo Wrote: Is somebody know the xonotic command to make some clean screenshots in game?

Code:
r_letterbox 1

This reminds me a bit of a Mentalspace+Dismal mix.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Squigger - 07-01-2011

Nice work Leelo, keep it up Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Revenant - 07-01-2011

Looks awesome Antibody and [-z-]!

Nice job as well Leeloo Big Grin. One thing that you could improve on is the texturing. It looks like you are using a lot of patches which can be tricky to texture but if you hit ctrl+shift+s (i think?) you can open up the patch surface inspector. Natural and axial would be two useful ones for that map

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Cortez666 - 07-01-2011

(07-01-2011, 11:28 AM)Revenant Wrote: ... but if you hit ctrl+shift+s (i think?) you ...

thats correct Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Leeloo - 07-01-2011

(07-01-2011, 11:28 AM)Revenant Wrote: Looks awesome Antibody and [-z-]!

Nice job as well Leeloo Big Grin. One thing that you could improve on is the texturing. It looks like you are using a lot of patches which can be tricky to texture but if you hit ctrl+shift+s (i think?) you can open up the patch surface inspector. Natural and axial would be two useful ones for that map

I worked on it yesterday and it was a pain to fit texture brushes and textures patches. i got good results. I tried CTRL-SHIFT+s but it does anything but i used "s" that is the patch and brush texture inspector may be this is the same thing.
(07-01-2011, 10:15 AM)Mirio Wrote:
(07-01-2011, 09:54 AM)Leeloo Wrote: Is somebody know the xonotic command to make some clean screenshots in game?

Code:
r_letterbox 1

This reminds me a bit of a Mentalspace+Dismal mix.

Thank you, it was what I was looking for.
The map is a remake of an old custom map for Q3A made by someone called Stei. I thanks this guy for the idea of that map. It was cool to play it and it is more cool with xonotc 'cause the better fly aircontrol.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - unfa - 07-01-2011

Wow, nice design, Leeloo! Keep it up, it's gotta be a nice map to play Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Revenant - 07-02-2011

If the patch and brush texture windows are combined into one now, then yes that is the same. Im probably thinking about an older version or something

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - noobermin - 07-02-2011

(06-30-2011, 05:04 PM)Nestel Wrote: [Image: yui00iu1ha0dclpx2o2_thumb.jpg]
WIP, hope soon Smile

Confused I just hope if there's a ctf version, it will be balanced this time around Tongue

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Maddin - 07-02-2011

I built something in the Radiant this afternoon:
[Image: heavymetal1m.png]
I´m going to make a Xonotic-version of my Nexuiz-map which you can see in my introduction-thread.

What do you think about it?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Squigger - 07-02-2011

Looks good so far, keep it up Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MirceaKitsune - 07-02-2011

I like it so far too, yes Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Soelen - 07-03-2011

(07-01-2011, 09:54 AM)Leeloo Wrote: I have a lots stuff to learn, mapping, gimp for texturing, blender, coding...
It needs time :-) Enjoy those screenshots.
Well you can join us on #project-fabmap at quakenet if you need help, we are specialized working with blender for nexuiz / xonotic, also knowing how to export as obj files heh

thanks to qbit who found out how.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Maddin - 07-03-2011

(07-02-2011, 06:45 PM)Squigger Wrote: Looks good so far, keep it up Smile
Will do. Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Cortez666 - 07-04-2011

upgrading techassault.

[Image: roz7jsxw9fu4etibdido_thumb.jpg][Image: dqycjau4wzren5ou5ljz_thumb.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MirceaKitsune - 07-04-2011

Nice! TechAssault always looked too simple and detail-lacking for me. Thanks Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Maddin - 07-05-2011

Looks good, but I wonder about those green and red screens in the first picture. You should be careful with mixing colours, contrasts CAN be good but it often can be a flop. Green and red don´t fit very good, I think you should use different hues of red. Furthermore the screens need some content: like a map of a planet, some writings and so on. I hope this constructive criticism helps you.Wink

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - CuBe0wL - 07-05-2011

And I can recognise those green screens too Tongue Anyway, good job.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - kay - 07-05-2011

why not, this is where they broadcast the weather Tongue

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Cortez666 - 07-05-2011

(07-05-2011, 02:13 AM)Maddin Wrote: Furthermore the screens need some content: like a map of a planet, some writings and so on. I hope this constructive criticism helps you.Wink

Im no textureartist but if some is able/willing to do it i will add it.

(07-05-2011, 02:23 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: And I can recognise those green screens too Tongue

It was late at night and i just want to get it finished. Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Maddin - 07-05-2011

I am able to make such textures but I have too many other things to do at the moment, sorry.