Xonotic Forums
Screenshots of what you're doing. - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Editing and Concept Art (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Screenshots of what you're doing. (/showthread.php?tid=69)

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - RaptorFX - 02-01-2012

@Maddin
Dont forget the powersupply! It needs a battery or something like this Big Grin

Haha good work all!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Maddin - 02-01-2012

@RaptorFX: Right, already had that in mind but thanks anyway for the reminder! Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - forseti - 02-01-2012

@Maddin, have you checked this post? http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=17&pid=33540#pid33540

Maybe you can get some good ideas for new models in the Crates and General sections. I'd love to see some of them in game Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Maddin - 02-02-2012

Yes I saw them. It does help for sure, thanks! Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - kuniu the frogg - 02-18-2012

it's been more than two weeks since the last post here...
anyway, i'm experimenting with another of my nexuiz favourites. (hope you're not mad cortez)

[Image: xonotic2012021901165400.th.jpg]
[Image: xonotic2012021901155300.th.jpg]
[Image: xonotic2012021901175600.th.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - hutty - 02-18-2012

oh would you look at that ... +1 to the evil space remix list....

but seriously that looks very good detailed, stylish, good to see that its not actually in space for once.

keep up the good work

on the other hand....

please don't tell me i'm the first one to make on of these
pic

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Cortez666 - 02-19-2012

(02-18-2012, 07:41 PM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: it's been more than two weeks since the last post here...
anyway, i'm experimenting with another of my nexuiz favourites. (hope you're not mad cortez)

please no.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Maddin - 02-19-2012

Damn! I also planned to make an evilspace remix! And then kuniu comes up with this awesome looking thing! Tongue

http://s14.directupload.net/images/120219/iej92lg4.jpg

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - kuniu the frogg - 02-19-2012

(02-19-2012, 08:21 AM)Maddin Wrote: Damn! I also planned to make an evilspace remix! And then kuniu comes up with this awesome looking thing! Tongue

as long as you will focus on DM vesion - no problem, as i am planning only ctf (will rename it most probably so no conflict here too) Wink

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Maddin - 02-19-2012

Ok, nice! Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Leeloo - 02-19-2012

Cortezz666, it is weird! I am making a map with almost the same light and with these textures from exomorphx set! The layout is done and left lots work to do on the lights, details and general looking.

[Image: xonotic20ww.jpg]
[Image: xonotic201202.jpg]
[Image: xonotic2012021910215600.jpg]

(02-19-2012, 10:17 AM)Maddin Wrote: Ok, nice! Smile

hehe i bet its not. Smile

i already did a remake of the dm version a year ago http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/evilspace-cb6860159bdfb02f5bd5d76ad78db7fdbeb2f1c3-2ee8566983baf36f5a9d89ba25e28925bf89fe00/

@Leeloo
the map i make is just a midair map. like endif from quake.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Strahlemann - 02-19-2012

Leeloo: It seems like all textures need to be scaled by 0.25 at least.
The first picture is way too busy for the eye imo. Go slow about using all these grate-light textures, better use some simple clean textures inbetween to simplify the looks. Players will thank you Wink And keep an eye for aligning your textures correctly. It sometimes can be a pain to do that but improves the overall feel of a map a lot (details details details that no non-mapper sees but feels Wink.

The lighting and the textureset sets for an unusual mood though which i like!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - nowego4 - 02-19-2012

kuniuthefrogg: I like it! space is overrated. I haven't fiddled with it much but this map would be a good candidate for trying fog. if you could figure it out so it didn't break the skybox it could cover up the bottom of those pillars... I don't like "invisible dead floor" maps Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - hutty - 02-19-2012

short list of things to avoid pillars from cutting off at skybox

- fog
- fake fog
-a cloud layer
- actual ground
- make it flying with propellers and anything that spins
- actually make the pillars go on for ever and ever

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - kuniu the frogg - 02-20-2012

i kind of like that fog idea nowego4 Smile cloud layer would work too
(now i need to figure if it's possible and if so, how to do it)
propellers or such don't really fit to my vision of this map.
BUT can i make pillars go on forever? I mean, of course, i can make them REALLY long, but that's not the point.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - SavageX - 02-20-2012

Notice that fog can have a maximum height, meaning that the lower parts of the map can covered with thick fog, while everything above is clear. You can also define how smooth the transition shall be. Useful to do maps that hover "above the clouds".

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - hutty - 02-20-2012

fog like this is used in lightspeed and sandstorm...

courtfun also has some fog

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - .Danny. - 02-21-2012

I for one like the idea of fog or clouds WITH propellars. I don´t think the idea of a ground which you just die when you fall off is a good idea though.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - kuniu the frogg - 02-22-2012

trying the fog:

[Image: 6pkdv331g3gbzyf348co_thumb.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Halogene - 02-22-2012

Hmm, maybe make the transition slower, meaning that it has more space to fade (if FPS allow), and of course put a few additional irregular details in there (like tubes/cables hanging from one pillar to another or some cable distribution box or something) so that it doesn't look like self repeating structure. (Hi, I'm Captain Obvious, you'd be doing that probably anyway)

With some additional detail and a bit longer fading time this could look really awesome. It already starts to do so. Good job!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - hutty - 02-22-2012

looks like its working ... my only real concern is the horizon line

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - .Danny. - 02-22-2012

I like this pic. Reminds me of one of unreal tournament 99´s space levels and thats a plus in my book.
However I also agree on the point about the horizone line. Do something about it. Perhaps create a stronger contrast between the skyline and "clouds"/"mist".

Aside from that, can I ask what happened to the intermediary platform that existed in the old level?
Unless in not having it there it enhances gameplay I think it it diminishes the level a tad too much. Especially if there the chance that some one can just gun jump their way directly from flag base A to B without having to touch the ground once.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - nowego4 - 02-22-2012

The horizon line comes from just setting the values ... I think in order to blend the horizon you actually need a texture...

try fiddling with fog_heighttexture

But yes! totally perfect for that map/skybox combination! GJ