Xonotic Forums
Screenshots of what you're doing. - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Editing and Concept Art (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Screenshots of what you're doing. (/showthread.php?tid=69)

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Justin - 08-16-2012

WAIT A SECOND! There are three persons inside this vehicle!?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - tZork - 08-16-2012

yup

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Archer - 08-16-2012

(08-16-2012, 06:45 PM)tZork Wrote: yup

It looks like an aircraft, is it like pilot, gunner and bomber?

Or is it some kind of hover vehicle?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Lee_Stricklin - 08-16-2012

Wow, I open this thread up today and find awesome shots of what looks like a unique map, a beautiful skybox, and a new vehicle.

(08-16-2012, 06:45 PM)tZork Wrote: yup

Transport vehicle? Looking to take on Tribes 2 now in addition to Warsow and UT99? lol

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - asyyy - 08-17-2012

The concept of a transport vehicle is a bit older than tribes 2. On a side note I wonder if the DP engine could handle a 32v32 vehicle CTF match.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Cortez666 - 08-17-2012

@Mario awesome stuff

(08-17-2012, 05:09 AM)asy7um Wrote: On a side note I wonder if the DP engine could handle a 32v32 vehicle CTF match.

theoretically the engine can handle up to 255 players

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - s1lence - 08-17-2012

(08-17-2012, 07:31 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: @Mario awesome stuff

(08-17-2012, 05:09 AM)asy7um Wrote: On a side note I wonder if the DP engine could handle a 32v32 vehicle CTF match.

theoretically the engine can handle up to 255 players

How many polygons is that?

More than the engine can handle i think.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Majki - 08-17-2012

@Justin
[Image: lQB1a.gif]

Amazing work with lights man!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Justin - 08-23-2012

I had few constructive conversations with Ferdinand 'cityy' List - http://cityy.explicits.de/3d/ and I tried few ideas (lightning stuff). Here are results (DM map) Probably called SilentSiege:

[Image: xonotic20120823194108-00.jpg] [Image: xonotic20120823193515-00.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Archer - 08-23-2012

That's pretty fantastic what you did with the lightning there Justin Tongue

There's just one detail that looks a bit odd in my eyes, those blue lights on the wall-supporting thingy in the second screenshot.. Maybe I have to see those ingame before judging though.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - hutty - 08-23-2012

im guessing a decal entity ....

... could you share some of the tips you learned? ... im curious ...

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - zykure - 08-23-2012

Adding badges to Xonstat, currently looks like this:

[Image: vZjdzdg]

[Image: vZjd0Mw]

EDIT: Updated pic, added one more (Also: now with moar colors - w00t!)

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - .Danny. - 08-23-2012

very starwars episodes. IV-VI looking good Justin

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Rudi - 08-23-2012

nice work !!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - s1lence - 08-24-2012

(08-23-2012, 03:11 PM)zykure Wrote: Adding badges to Xonstat, currently looks like this:

[Image: vZjdzdg]

[Image: vZjd0Mw]

EDIT: Updated pic, added one more (Also: now with moar colors - w00t!)

pls use moar right align less center align.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Justin - 08-24-2012

Zykure: I like the way it looks in your screenshot. In my opinion: no need for right aligning. You have the 'sense of colors' (Your posts, Signature, nickname...). And this is extremly imoprtant in level designing for insatnce. I would be elated if you test my map - SilentSiege (textures and how they play each other - composition).

Hutty: I will reveal tricks Cityy told me with pleasure (ofcourse firstly I will ask him, but I am sure that he would like every mapper to know this stuff) Just pimp me on IRC, I will tell you, Hutty.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - rafallus - 08-24-2012

Quote:pls use moar right align less center align.

Disagreed.

Looks fine to me.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - zykure - 08-24-2012

Thanks for feedback people! I'm open for more suggestions, especially style-wise Smile

Here's a badge created with the latest version, where I changed a few things:

[Image: vZjgzNA]

FYI: The badge shows the three most-played gametypes (i.e. using all gametypes sorted by number of games, and taking the top three). If no elo/rank is computed yet (because of too few games), the gametype is shown but with a "no stats yet" overlay (like in fisume's case).
The colors for kill ratio and win percentage change at some (hard-coded) numbers for each, where kill ratio uses a red/green and win percentage uses a yellow/cyan color scheme.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Archer - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 10:19 AM)zykure Wrote: Thanks for feedback people! I'm open for more suggestions, especially style-wise Smile

Here's a badge created with the latest version, where I changed a few things:

[Image: vZjgzNA]

FYI: The badge shows the three most-played gametypes (i.e. using all gametypes sorted by number of games, and taking the top three). If no elo/rank is computed yet (because of too few games), the gametype is shown but with a "no stats yet" overlay (like in fisume's case).
The colors for kill ratio and win percentage change at some (hard-coded) numbers for each, where kill ratio uses a red/green and win percentage uses a yellow/cyan color scheme.

This is to be used in forum signatures right? Always wanted something like that for Xon Big Grin

It looks fantastic, colors are easy on the eye, perhaps give it an more interesting shape (transparancy) and a rim/border, but that's not important for now I think.

EDIT: If you need anything for the shape/rim just give me the basic background image and I'll make something fancy and practical out of it Tongue

(08-24-2012, 10:42 AM)Archer Wrote: It looks fantastic, colors are easy on the eye, perhaps give it an more interesting shape (transparancy) and a rim/border, but that's not important for now I think.

EDIT: If you need anything for the shape/rim just give me the basic background image and I'll make something fancy and practical out of it Tongue

Thanks! Here's the background: dark_wall.png (dunno where Antibody got that from Wink)
You need to tile it, though (tiling is currently done in the prog itself). The output image currently is 560x70 px.

(08-24-2012, 11:00 AM)zykure Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 10:42 AM)Archer Wrote: It looks fantastic, colors are easy on the eye, perhaps give it an more interesting shape (transparancy) and a rim/border, but that's not important for now I think.

Thanks! Here's the background: dark_wall.png (dunno where Antibody got that from Wink)
You need to tile it, though (tiling is currently done in the prog itself). The output image currently is 560x70 px.

Could you make it so it will just treat the background as a single whole image that's 560x70 instead of tiling it from the larger image?

Else it might be pretty tricky to make something fancy out of it.

(08-24-2012, 11:11 AM)Archer Wrote: Could you make it so it will just treat the background as a single whole image that's 560x70 instead of tiling it from the larger image?

Oh sorry, that's exactly what I meant .. I just wanted to say that you have to make a 560x70 image from that background before you start =)

(08-24-2012, 11:24 AM)zykure Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 11:11 AM)Archer Wrote: Could you make it so it will just treat the background as a single whole image that's 560x70 instead of tiling it from the larger image?

Oh sorry, that's exactly what I meant .. I just wanted to say that you have to make a 560x70 image from that background before you start =)

Hahaha awesome, expect something soon then Wink

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - hutty - 08-24-2012

I would like to have a option to have no background (or invisible png) ...

so it looks more natural in the forum sig space ...

if not the background you have now looks pretty nice

only 2 days till contest is done .... ive got alot of work to do ... (retextureing/detailing wink ... again)

I have to be careful with the snow ... if I make the whole map snowing then it drops to about 1 fps ...

my current plan is to put falling snow ... here ... there ... in small patches ... in places people notice ...

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Justin - 08-24-2012

Yo, hutty! Nicely done! I like this debris lying on the snow. And the tower near the flag. Is it possible to get up there?