Xonotic Forums
Screenshots of what you're doing. - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Editing and Concept Art (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Screenshots of what you're doing. (/showthread.php?tid=69)

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Debugger - 05-31-2014

aa Wrote:Since you were speaking abot new non-mlitary styles, found myself thinking of a non military weapon. Pacifism emmiter? Pacifier?

[Image: B5d0WSO.gif]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - aa - 06-01-2014

I guess it should attack enemies with concentrated LOVE. A beam with hearts (biologically accurate, for a difference) that..... does something? Maybee you direct that at the ememies, the fall in love, you direct it away, their hearts area broken and they die!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MirceaKitsune - 06-01-2014

(06-01-2014, 01:11 AM)aa Wrote: I guess it should attack enemies with concentrated LOVE. A beam with hearts (biologically accurate, for a difference) that..... does something? Maybee you direct that at the ememies, the fall in love, you direct it away, their hearts area broken and they die!

There's a certain developer working on the weapon system, to who I'd be tempted to actually suggest implementing such a weapon Big Grin Sorry I just couldn't help it.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - unfa - 06-01-2014

Hug-gun?

Or the lovegun shoots overattachement, that is so freaking nasty that enemies can't do anything but run.
Or... they fall in love and treat you as a team mate until next respawn (shooting you deals damage to them, not you).
But you have to give them a sufficient "love charge" for this to start working. It's like 2 seconds of lovebeaming them.

Sounds fun...

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - aa - 06-02-2014

And then a marrying gun, with which you could marry any two players form opposite teams.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - unfa - 06-09-2014

(06-02-2014, 09:58 AM)aa Wrote: And then a marrying gun, with which you could marry any two players form opposite teams.
And turn the fight into a wedding.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - aa - 06-09-2014

And a "warm bodies" inspired zombie apocalypse mode.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Halogene - 06-09-2014

(06-09-2014, 06:02 AM)unfa Wrote: And turn the fight into a wedding.

I thought it works usually the other way around?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Halogene - 06-25-2014

Wow, nice!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - aa - 06-28-2014

So, in your opionion 2700 is low poly?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Debugger - 07-26-2014

Go CTF! Smile

[Image: 7mciG5Vl.jpg]

[Image: V5OgH6hl.jpg]

[Image: naDIPo8l.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Archer - 07-26-2014

Ahhh, I played that map yesterday though I think it was still a WIP version or something because the sky was entirely black.

The map is fun, although pretty nex-heavy : P

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Antibody - 07-26-2014

My god Debugger, I love you. You should put progress in a new thread once you get the chance so I can drool all over it!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Halogene - 07-26-2014

Nice! Can you release it without a nex, please? :o)

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Antibody - 07-28-2014

I'd say just remove the nex from inside the bases, but keep it at the top of the tower.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Debugger - 07-29-2014

Antibody Wrote:I'd say just remove the nex from inside the bases, but keep it at the top of the tower.

I tried that already, but one could simple camp the top then... the current "solution" is a suggestion by Mirio; this way actually prevents a bit of the camping at least Wink

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Halogene - 07-29-2014

what is the "current solution"?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Mirio - 07-29-2014

The Nex placement did not change from the original version.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Halogene - 07-29-2014

... how is that a solution...?
* Halogene wonders

How about adding a kill trigger around the borders with a very slim non-lethal trim so you can't camp from up there but don't get killed when lasering yourself up? I mean you could make the roof have profile like this

/TTT\_____________<NEX>_____________/TTT\

Whereas the red area would kill immediately - the jump pad enables you to land inside the "fenced" area and you could not hit targets in the enemy base from behind the "fence" unless you jump up or the targets are flying high enough. If you are skilled enough to stand on the non-lethal part of the fence, then you're an easy target as well. What do you think?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Mirio - 07-29-2014

With the Nex in base you can just kill guys on the top, instead of getting spawn killed.

I would not add an instant death trigger there, but you can add it to the edges of the top dealing like 10-20 dmg every 1-2 seconds.

But the Nex is almost the only way to stop (respectively catching) someone running with lightning speed into the bases and escaping rocket flying across the side-walls. You can't hit long range with something else, unless you are super lucky with Laser or Crylink secondary.

But that fits to all open / space maps.
I'd call it defending the flag and the challenge is to kill or outsmart that guy. Attacking would be way too easy without that part of the game.

Or we remove Nex from the game since you can sit in the base with it on any map. Wink

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Maddin - 08-13-2014

Oh hi!

[Image: blender_skybox.png]

Creating some skyboxes in Blender today...

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Archer - 08-13-2014

(08-13-2014, 04:18 PM)Maddin Wrote: Oh hi!

[Image: blender_skybox.png]

Creating some skyboxes in Blender today...

That's great, definitely a lack of them in the game... Keep seeing the same ones

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Justin - 08-31-2014

Beautiful, Maddin! 10/10 Keep it up!

I bought nDo2. A software to create normal maps and generate other kinds of texture maps. I made a few textures based on bump maps. I will gladly upload them in 1024x1024 quality if anyone is interested:
[Image: panel2.jpg] x [Image: panel1.jpg] x [Image: panel4.jpg]
All stuff is custom, apart from pipes (exx) and litlle computer panel (PhilipK).

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Maddin - 09-01-2014

Very nice indeed!

Feel free to share your techniques in creating these textures! I´d be very interested to learn something from your experiences as I still have to do some texture creation too. Wink

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - aa - 09-04-2014

Maddin, did you use sea modifier to make the dunes?