Xonotic Forums
[NEEDS INFO] Newb mapper needs help! - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Help & Troubleshooting (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [NEEDS INFO] Newb mapper needs help! (/showthread.php?tid=819)

Newb mapper needs help! - nowego4 - 08-12-2010

Hi, I just started using NetRadiant today (2 maps done!) and would like to know how to make the files (which ones?) into a pk3 so you people on here can review it. Smile

Oh, and how do you put your name and title in so it will show up when you're browsing the list in "Create server"?

RE: Newb mapper needs help! - divVerent - 08-13-2010

Just put all the files you need into a zip file, and rename the zip to pk3. Make sure the zip still has the directory structure (maps/, ...).

As for preview picture: you are supposed to make a screenshot, and cut a section of 4:3 aspect ratio out, and save it under maps/mapname.tga

RE: Newb mapper needs help! - nowego4 - 08-13-2010

This may sound stupid but... I can't find my maps folder. I am on an Apple, if that makes any difference.
And what about the map name/title?

RE: Newb mapper needs help! - nowego4 - 08-16-2010

There is no folder named "maps" under the data folder that I can click on. But I think there is one there because NetRadiant gives me that folder as the default one to save the map in, but it's not there in my browser. Also I can play the maps that I build after saving there, I would really like to be able to click on the stuff I'm saving Sad

Suggestions?

RE: Newb mapper needs help! - Rad Ished - 08-16-2010

it's hidden, don't ask me why, mac does this stuff, look it up on google, 'showing hidden mac folders' etc...

RE: Newb mapper needs help! - Roanoke - 08-16-2010

It's not mac, it's a unix convention.

If you can type in a file path, add ".xonotic" to the path to your home directory.

RE: Newb mapper needs help! - nowego4 - 08-17-2010

Thanks, Rad Ished, I'll look into it.
Two more questions: Where is the fireball? It isn't on the weapon list, but there is something called seeker. 2: What is the latest version of NetRadiant? I have 1.5...

Thanks for help Smile

Edit: Oh, and floating doesn't seem to be working either.

Nevermind about the floating, got that to work.
And for some reason the seeker is the fireball, that's really weird. Exclamation

RE: Newb mapper needs help! - Roanoke - 08-17-2010

Seeker and fireball share a model. If you can't find fireball, try looking for phoenix.

ok, got my hidden files to show.

@ divverent or anyone else: I don't know what the file structure is supposed to look like, and which files to put where. Maybe a screenshot or something would help, I feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark.

And I still don't know how to modify the mapinfo to put the name and title in there. Blush

Do I need to include all the cache files, the .waypoint.cache files, and/or the .bak files? How about the .bsp .lin .map and .srf ?

I don't mean to rant but I really want to contribute.

P.S. The first panel that opens up in NetRadiant does not list Xonotic as an option, I've been using Nexuiz.

Have you got a copy of xonotic git? If you don't, that is a fairly large problem.

http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/wiki/Repository_Access

Why would I need that?

Because you can't use xonotic textures without git.

I tried to get the git before, couldn't figure it out. Sad
Guess I'll be waiting till 1.0 then for making xonotic maps, what about nexuiz maps?

What were your problems? It's a simple enough process. What is your operating system?

RE: Newb mapper needs help! - nowego4 - 08-18-2010

I couldn't find the specific spot to click to download whatever it is I need to download. Or don't I need to download anything? If I don't, where do I enter the code?

Running Mac OS X.

I think I already have Xcode on my machine, I seem to remember running a program that required it without problems.

Maybe someone could put a thread together explaining very, very simply how to get the git, for those people that just want to test the physics, weapons, maps, etc.

Thanks... ...more please?