Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Advanced Options tweaks that should maybe be default

Starting a thread for posting tweaks made to the advanced options (stuff that isn't visible in the effects and video settings menus) that maybe should be default. Such tweaks would be something that increases the frame rate without noticeably removing quality or drastically increasing the quality without hurting the frame rate much.

Here's some I have at the moment:

cl_projectiles_sloppy 1 (Much like gibs sloppy, it may allow projectiles such as rockets to penetrate walls temporarily, however it's completely unnoticeable even when your looking for it.)

cl_gibs_lifetime 4 (They look cool when flying through the air and they look like crap when sitting still. Also the current default can cause maps to become cluttered at times, so I'd say it's probably best to keep these short/simple and to the point.)

In my opinion should be somewhere in the effects settings screen:

cl_playerdetailreduction (Character model LOD. Reduces the model detail when they're further away and increases the performance a bit.)

cl_particles_collisions (Current default value 1. Turning this off increases the performance quite a bit, especially if you have a lot of particles enabled, however it gets rid of the cool collisions that cause particles to bounce off of surfaces realistically)

r_viewfbo (There actually is an option in the effects screen right now, "enable high quality frame buffer", but it doesn't let you choose between 8 bit, 16 bit, or 32 bit frame buffers and just enables the 16 bit one.)

r_viewscale (The normal anti-aliasing method doesn't work with r_viewfbo, but this cvar can be used to achieve virtually the same effect, actually better effect. Instead of the anti-aliasing options in the effects setting screen disappearing entirely when you enable frame buffer, I think it should instead tie itself to this cvar.)

cl_decals_fadetime (Current default completely disables it. In my opinion the effects setting that controls decal time should instead be tied to this while cl_decals_time is set to 1. Doing this would make decals disappear in a much more subtle fashion.)

Last edit: January 5th, 2012
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Messages In This Thread
Advanced Options tweaks that should maybe be default - by Lee_Stricklin - 05-09-2011, 11:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] x Frags Left should come before other announcements gd 0 1,436 06-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: gd
  [SUGGESTION] Teams should start with the same total health in ca gd 2 3,012 04-15-2022, 03:23 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Petition to Make LG Default in Clan Arena usedcardownloader 0 2,076 07-04-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: usedcardownloader
  [SUGGESTION] HTTPS by default for website falco 3 2,996 02-26-2018, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] New Default Keybind Layout aa 13 7,407 08-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] Screw the brain dead bot campaign, this is what singleplayer REALLY should be Lee_Stricklin 7 6,820 05-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Should we move Engines? Beagle 24 17,095 05-07-2016, 03:48 AM
Last Post: tZork
Sad [SUGGESTION] There should be more improvement (should be added yet) Eonman 5 4,916 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] A game package should contain all needed components kanatov 2 4,346 03-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Last Post: kanatov
  [SUGGESTION] Should There be an official Xonotic T-Shirt? Zeo 13 17,262 01-16-2015, 03:13 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo