Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Official Music Submission Thread

This thread serves to provide your music for consideration for inclusion into Xonotic.

NOTE: this is a SUBMISSION THREAD. No discussion is to take place here - create a separate thread for that. Instead, you are to submit files (via URLs) here, and I take them to our official music submissions list, then delete the post so I can always easily see which tracks I still have to add. If discussion IS started here, I ask the moderators to use the "split thread" feature to split it out to a separate thread; do not delete posts that are not submissions, just split them away!

A submission is to be done here, with links to a download (preferably a direct link or omploader) of your music track, together with its "source". By posting here, you agree that we can use your music under the GPL for Xonotic, and also, that other GPL projects may use it too (as the GPL permits this).

As "source", we require "the preferred form for making modifications of the work", as required by the GPL. For a live recording, this is musical score. For computer created music, it typically is what you get by "Save as" in your music editing application. It's whatever format you would use if you want to transfer your work to another machine, and continue editing there.

Please reply to this thread to submit your track. I will then add the track to http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...tributions and delete the post here afterwards.

Hi!

Couldn't access the Wiki, so not sure if it's already listed there... I did a contribution in another thread: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=684

Short story:

Author: Marcus256
License: CC-BY
OGG: Space_Base-1.1.ogg
Source: Space_Base-1.1.xrns (ReNoise)

div :
soundcloud.com/chooksta

take what ya need mate , and whats the update on all things tunes again?

is manda1nga running things still?

t

:^

Music 
[Image: mp3.png][Image: ogg.png][Image: flac.png][Image: mmp.png]

Those have tags for looping.

loop_start = 658409
loop_end = 16456001

Source file is uncompressed LMMS's project file. No samples used. All you need are common LADSPA plugins for Linux and LMMS 0.4.10 or newer compiled with ZynAddSubFX (and maybe spectrum analyzer) support.

Enjoy Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Thanks to chooksta I'm bringing in some new music submissions:

(F*uck, I'm) Late Again (v.06)
Xonlooped Ogg Vorbis file | LMMS 0.4.10 project file
A very fast breakbeat tune full of killing energy. I know that there was writtne "no crazy breakbeat tunes" but I'll try anyway. I have nothing to loose Big Grin
This always can be used for a short Xonotic video, if not placed ingame.

Dildo (v.05)
A joke I started past week. Someone

They Know I'm a Freak (v.12)
Dark and punchy dubstep tune. My best in the genre so far.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

sweeeeeet mate Big Grin

to let you guys know ive sent in so far :

Rad e A tion

and

cts race

ill be sending in one or two more soon!

@ divverent you reading this stuff mate?

OF COURSE YOU ARE!

SO COMON GUYS , GATHER SOME OF YOUR TUNES , JUST WHATEVER , DONT WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT THE FINISHED PRODUCT , IF YA GET ACCEPTED IM SURE THEY WILL GIVE YA A FEW MORE DAYS TO COMPLETE IT , JUST TELL US!

DONT BE SHY

i cant promise you all will make the cut , but this is a good way to get involved

and i can help ya if ya want it polished a bit to make it sound more phat!

(me waits for more tunes , HURRY!)

t

Yay! I agree! LET IT BE HEARD Smile

If don't know how to loop your track I'll do it for ya, just send me the Ogg file and I'll add tags Smile

Btw: I'll vote 2 times for Chooksta's Rad e A tion!

The last one is great.

NOTE: this is a SUBMISSION THREAD , t

:p

ty anyways , whatever u ment king

(delete our chat please)

t

I was talking about 'They Know I'm a Freak (v.12)'.

(12-20-2011, 01:05 PM)[CCC]KINGSHOT[CCC] Wrote: I was talking about 'They Know I'm a Freak (v.12)'.

Thanks Smile I'm proud of that one Wink

Now let our chat be deleted...

Please include the source when you post tracks!

(12-22-2011, 12:25 PM)Mirio Wrote: Please include the source when you post tracks!

I did! I did!

Farmers Got Talent (v.05)

EQ burned, limiter crushed, track looped. Ready for submission!

Ogg Vorbis (11 MB)
LMMS project (80 KB)

http://soundcloud.com/unfa/farmers-got-talent

{SC0RP} uploaded the sources for his menu theme and Space Raiders tracks.

Original thread where he uploaded them:
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2081

Download link (reuploaded by me, since his original links were dead):
http://ompldr.org/vYm92OA/Space%20Raider...e%20V2.zip
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

YO MUSIC NERDS!

DUE TO NERD TIME CONSTRAINTS (<== DID I SPKELL IT RIGHT?)

IM ASKING/TELLING ALL NERDS THAT HAVE ANY INTEREST IN SUBMITTING ANY NERD MUSIC TO GAME TO PLEASE PM THIS OLD CHICKEN ASAP WITH THEIR NERD PACK OF NERD SOUNDS AND TUNE FOR THAT NERD SUBMISSION VOTE NERD THINGO.

REMEMBER THAT IT HAS TO BE NERD CLEARED AND GLP NERD FREE.

IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IM ON ABOUT THEN GLHF.

IF U DO THEN GET OFF YA NERD ASS AND PM ME ASAP PLEASE

IF YOU WANT TO BE SET IN CONCRETE AND BE APART OF HISTORY , AND YOU MAKE TUNES , AND YOU GET WHAT IM SAYING THEN YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.

IF YOU DONT THEN GO TAKE YA NERDS ASS TO A NERD ON IRC AND GET IT EXPLAINED TO YA.

ty

pm please unfa ,etc etc etc

oh my...

DUE TO MY WORDS BEING UNDERLINED , AGAIN ILL SAY THAT IF YOU WANT YOU TUNES TO BE IN GAME , PLEASE PM ME A DROPBOX NERD LINK (or omploader) , DONT USE MEGAFAIL OR SOME OTHER WEIRD LINK , remember keep it simple , get off ya nerd ass and please get ya tunes in , im counting on you guys , i know the sound section has suxed ballz lately , but i want you guys to not letup on the music side , i really belive you guys have made some great stuff and i really want you all to have the best chance at getting ya tunes into game.

ask ya self this: do ya really want all of chookys crap music to dominate the game????????

i dont ... EWWWWWW

(chooky has always sed his tunes are shit)

YOUR TUNES IVE HEARD DO NOT , SO GET THEM SUBMITTED

ask/pm me if ya want to know what and how , im on irc almost every night , around this time , etc , ive been busy moving to another part of the country but i will always make sure my music nerds are well looked after...

ITS THE T IN TEAM , THAT MAKES A TEAM!

lol

t

Also send the sources if you want your tunes in the game.

(12-20-2011, 05:43 AM)unfa Wrote: Thanks to chooksta I'm bringing in some new music submissions:

(F*uck, I'm) Late Again (v.06)
A very fast breakbeat tune full of killing energy. I know that there was writtne "no crazy breakbeat tunes" but I'll try anyway. I have nothing to loose Big Grin
F1 - awesome!

"Oops, looks like we can't find that page!"

Unfortunately I can't give a feedback.

OK here you are... 'Surge' by me (Hypnotix-2000)

OGG File | MOD File

Most samples are general midi soundfont which would be public domain... any custom samples used in it are my own anyway.

If you want to manipulate the MOD file, use MODPlug which is a GPL'd software...

yay , sweet

KEEP EM COMMING NERDS!

(waits for the unDERLINE THINGO)

ty hypnotix-9000

Smile

t

Here I come again!

This is a little bit tricky tune. It got me hooked for two days now. Can't stop listening to it so I feel like it's just perfect. I made it at once and these tunes are one of my best. They have a consistent and strong emotion to them and a good flow...

New tune: "Space Pirates"

http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-SpacePirates-04.ogg (Ogg Vorbis, Q5, with loop tags)
http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-SpacePirates-04.mmpz (LMMS 0.4.12 source file)

Original post: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...3#pid37093

I really like Space Pirates! It's one of your best tunes for sure. Just one little thing: the beginning. I can't tell you what I dislike but maybe you have an idea for a different beginning. If not let it as it is right now because it's not bad and probably I'm the only person who think another beginning would be better.

no discussion! OMG OMG OMG

needs some one cool to delete non required chat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

oh and wp on tune , t

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC kay 590 675,261 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  An attempt to produce a background music - decadium derrant 2 2,192 09-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: derrant
Music Music from out side forum Kotangens 4 2,805 08-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic music has Royalty? Narutex216Bits 1 2,383 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  Xonotic OST (Officially Accepted Music) Mirio 18 33,148 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  Free sfx for your music. djwayn 1 5,106 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: djwayn
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,606 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Low interest in music development - why? unfa 28 30,049 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Jar-El
  I would like to use Xonotic's music in my Red Eclipse fork 98digger 3 5,716 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: machine!
  Orchestral music for Xonotic BuddyFriendGuy 9 13,972 07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy