Create an account

Poll: Like it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes...
70.69%
41 70.69%
No...
17.24%
10 17.24%
I'm blind...
12.07%
7 12.07%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menu

this is just a concept, not an actual ingame-screenshot. so, there is nothing to include. if you want to write the code for this menu to be included, go ahead Smile

I know that it is only a concept! the game menu has the old style! I can only code in C#, and Visual C++ ... and a little bit of normal c++, but not in quakeC Sad that's the reason!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

It was a concept by me, but just that, a concept. I planned to take a hack at it and Quake C but other priorities overcame it(school and a job). I agree with the previous statement. Random demo's in slow mo would be awesome in the background. Keep that instead of programming a camera...too much work and no benefit. The actual menu itself would be a little out of my reach. The dev's working on Xonotic have been deep in the DP and N source for a long time. Just catching up is almost impossible. They do a good job. As for the IRC, hope that works out. Awesome addition. Meanwhile, I'm gonna do mapping and maybe some music, but only once X is released. I have to repractice some of my "aiming" skillz in FPSing. Haven't played for about 6 months.

(04-27-2010, 03:41 PM)master[mind] Wrote: The animated menu background is similar to Warsow...except our's will be realtime instead of a video. Were cooler Big Grin. I just don't have an opportunity to try anything right now.

The problem with making it realtime is that you have to add load times to the menu. I personally find that quite frustrating (like when q2 had demos as menu background, or HL2 which loads map scenes). A video is streamed so it virtually adds no extra loading time. The bad side is that video filesizes can get very big easily.

Great !
About the "main" menu.. It looks like Nexuiz 2.3, but with the buttons on the right instead of the top.

...is now anyone working on a different menu?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(09-21-2010, 05:55 AM)jal Wrote:
(04-27-2010, 03:41 PM)master[mind] Wrote: The animated menu background is similar to Warsow...except our's will be realtime instead of a video. Were cooler Big Grin. I just don't have an opportunity to try anything right now.

The problem with making it realtime is that you have to add load times to the menu. I personally find that quite frustrating (like when q2 had demos as menu background, or HL2 which loads map scenes). A video is streamed so it virtually adds no extra loading time. The bad side is that video filesizes can get very big easily.

Although loading lots of game data at the menu stage means that load times for joining a server are shorter.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changing Menu Organization? BuddyFriendGuy 6 6,774 08-15-2015, 10:38 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Question Text right to left (xonotic menu) kariminf 5 6,882 07-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Testr Menu Theme pry 7 6,550 06-15-2013, 03:39 AM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  The first run menu has problems into console Calinou 4 5,571 01-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Calinou