Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Heres an Idea ALL NEW CLANS

I have played nexuiz for 5+ years. I ve seen many clans come and go, while some last quite long. We all know the good clan and the bad clans. So heres an idea ALL NEW CLANS WORLD WIDE
I think this would be a great idea. New game, new name, new clans? I know there are many people out there I would like to play with on a regualr basis. I think it would be cool if we all start from scratch. No this would only work if we all do it. I would be all fro it, if not Id bring over f10 or IoN (I guess I would be IoX) What do you guys think. I would suck if the balance of power didnt change in a game that is a day old. I think it would be good for the game as well, as well as MORE FUN.
Just a thought.

There's no need to do that, older player's will come back and play, and newer players will come and play (hopefully some from other games).

What needs to be done is to put a foundation in place for a clan/compeititive scene.

I'm going to talk about this with Dokujisan, however it should just host a few game-modes to start off with, which i'm guessing why Dokujisan asked what game-mode's people prefer in the thread he started.

Too many game-mode's at the start will:-

1) Over-load admins with duties to do trying to run multiple ladders
2) Kill off clans quicker then creating them.

That's why the first ladders/tournament's should be 1v1/2v2/3v3 (at max) game-mode's to get a lot of people and clans playing the game and game modes.

The goodside is, since this is a fresh start in some aspects, there is plenty of time before the release to get all of this in place something that nexuiz never had and ended up being harder and harder to implement.
Also, I understand what you mean about power of change, but as I stated in the clans thread, i'm happy to split my clan into two teams.

Most likely, Myself, vaan, kyre and unknown would split off into one team, whilst Lo,PRAYER,waldi would form another and can recruit other players, they would likely join nsb* actually.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(03-24-2010, 12:54 PM)kojn^ Wrote: What needs to be done is to put a foundation in place for a clan/compeititive scene.
Well the Australian System has been working very well, we've had 4 successful tournaments over the last year, and the community has grown with them.

As for new game, new clans, I imagine there will be several clan 'reshuffles' in the various communities, but I think a stable base of the the 'older' clans will be required to keep each community alive. The australian scene has always had zero (or ^7) around, while some of the other clans are getting pretty old (pride, lzr, and the thirtieth incarnation of Q/?). This has meant we had a benchmark that every other clan was striving towards, and I think that we will still need that level of competition as soon as xonotic starts. Then again, NA and Euro are probably completely different Tongue.
[Image: forum.png]

And Doku had a lot to do with setting up the au clan system, so I vote we let Doku continue to handle it...... which is already so. I agree with Kojn - organization prior to events.
[+] MaKR [smooth+o]

(03-24-2010, 10:03 PM)MaKR Wrote: And Doku had a lot to do with setting up the au clan system, so I vote we let Doku continue to handle it...... which is already so. I agree with Kojn - organization prior to events.
Welllll...kinda. zero made their clan tag similar to optimals, and doku encouraged zero, but we had ^7, *S* before we knew any american players.
[Image: forum.png]

I do feel that the American clans need to be more organized. It really seems more like a status than it does an actual clan at the moment.

The North American clans were organized and active at various points before, just not recently. I pretty much gave up on Nexuiz clan development back in... sometime in 2009. But that is gonna change now with Xonotic.

For Xonotic, I am in charge of community development. So it will be my task to make sure things such as clan activity are organized.

I have my own ideas to work with, and I've already started the beginning steps to forming a group to discuss more ideas, and to plan tournament activity for North America, Europe and Australia. The goal will be to synchronize things more between regions and get everybody on the same page. We'll throw all of our ideas in the pot and also consider ideas from others in the community.

We're going to be creating a tournament management system on xonotic.org that looks like it may be based on the one that the Aussie created on http://aussienexers.com/events We'll also be creating more communication tools on xonotic.org to aid clan activity, as well as having an official mumble server for voice chat with individual clan channels that get auto-generated when someone registers their clan on xonotic.org.

There are a lot of ideas flying around and it's all very exciting. Rest assured, we WILL have clan activity in Xonotic. We WILL have tournaments, and they will be more organized than they were in Nexuiz.

Is there an IRC channel for this Doku? I'd like to be a part in helping if I can.

Erusavion, I'm in the process of collecting a group of people to help me get things off the ground. Find me in IRC and I'll dicuss it with you further.

(03-24-2010, 12:54 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Most likely, Myself, vaan, kyre and unknown would split off into one team, whilst Lo,PRAYER,waldi would form another and can recruit other players, they would likely join nsb* actually.

In effect that is what we already have, two separate teams, one with cemantic, the other with allstars, but might as kojn says be a good idea to make that really visible by splitting the clan itself.

hm...communication between the clans is very important and it would be good if many members involved in communicating to our website too Smile

Windows 95, 98, or ME are no longer supported. Windows installation involves clicking on the installation file and following the directions given by InstallShield. If you have an older version of CLAN on your machine, InstallShield will overwrite it with the newer version.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star New Clan? CISN's New.... [CISN] Neigdoig 0 616 02-07-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Currently Active Clans Debugger 51 69,505 10-05-2021, 04:40 AM
Last Post: _para
  Best clan of all time harry_ftw 20 20,651 08-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  Reorganization of European (Minsta) Clans ArgeadGER 9 13,856 05-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Renat
  About Xonotic Clans Dokujisan 0 13,762 03-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Last Post: Dokujisan