Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
[SUGGESTION] Trip through the games

I would like to look with you together over several free 3dshooters, as e.g. "warsow" , "quakelive" , "alien arena" and others. I am convinced that some in these games already present ideas will have potential to improve our game "xonotic". If some people like this idea, we could start on a random day (sunday?). Discussions/Brainstorming and Trashtalk will be held in teamspeak/mumble, which is faster then a chat and more personal. The idea is to get inspiration for improvements in xonotic. Anyone?

Good idea, Bundy! Wink
but I don't like the teamspeak/mumble thing that much...
...maybe a new sub-forum for that (-z- ?!)
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I would prefer a voicetool for one simple reason: it is perfectly usable in game. It makes syncing (if watching tutorials/demos together) way easier. You can say something which came into your mind instantly. Well, I dont see any downsides using an voicetool, except for some languague issues. But maybe we make groups for country´s, if there are enough people who would like to join that.

Here is an short overview how a game session could look like. I think that testing one game will take ~2 hours. We would go through the menu and set up our configs. Afterwards we will watch available tutorials (of course only demo/video tutorials). I guess this part should take about 20-30 minutes. Afterwards we will test the weapons and mods (aye, Fragging \o/). This will be obvious the biggest part, I guess something like 1 hour. When we done with it we might watch one or 2 demo´s of their better players, to see the game max potential. Then we only have to summarize the good things which are interesting for us. If such a session had any success, we will continue with another game on an another day.

(09-26-2010, 06:11 AM)Bundy Wrote: [...] Afterwards we will test the weapons and mods (aye, Fragging \o/). This will be obvious the biggest part, I guess something like 1 hour. When we done with it we might watch one or 2 demo´s of their better players, to see the game max potential. Then we only have to summarize the good things which are interesting for us. [...]

So we'll play all balances and all Physics?
- FruitieX
- Lee_Stricklin
- rainerzufalldererste [wtf? ...that's me Big Grin]
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(09-26-2010, 06:49 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: So we'll play all balances and all Physics?
- FruitieX
- Lee_Stricklin
- rainerzufalldererste [wtf? ...that's me Big Grin]

We could do that on one day but for now I planned on trying ...

Bundy Wrote:... several free 3dshooters, as e.g. "warsow" , "quakelive" , "alien arena" and others ...

Basically draw inspiration from other ego shooters and find out what makes them fun. That would make it easier to figure out how to differentiate Xonotic from the rest of the crowd as well as get more ideas on how to improve the physics and balance.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Currently only german players showed interests in joining this. Personally I dont mind that, as it would make communication over any voicetool a lot easier. But it is not a german only project. That said, feel free to join a session.

The first session will start with warsow on sunday, 03.10. at 16:00 (UTC+1:00 Amsterdam, Berlin, ...). If you want to join it, you have to download and install the game beforehand. Also set up the two voicetools mumble and teamspeak3. Both tools are for free. It is very likely that we use teamspeak3. We will meet in the IRC Channel #xonotic.testing. Be in that channel at 15:45 to get the latest informations.

Btw. I dont see any reason for that:
rainerzufalldererste Wrote:...maybe a new sub-forum for that (-z- ?!)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BUG] Sniper Rifle Can Shoot Through Walls Space Ace 3 2,813 03-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Last Post: Julius
  [SUGGESTION] Official Instagib Tournaments/Pickup games vega 8 12,795 09-16-2017, 04:52 AM
Last Post: vega
  [SUGGESTION] XonStats weapon graphs regardless of past games played Antares* 1 2,674 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Bringing back a few assets from Nexuiz as well as digging through the maps section Lee_Stricklin 1 3,619 12-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Splash damage VISUALLY bleeding through surfaces Lee_Stricklin 5 6,782 09-20-2014, 07:04 AM
Last Post: tZork
  [SUGGESTION] Distribution through Steam VNilla 169 144,084 02-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Browsing through map information Mirio 1 2,809 07-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Last Post: nowego4
  [SUGGESTION] Possibility to get own ip:port through RCON? Akari 0 2,752 11-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Akari