Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] An idea of how Machine Gun could look...

Rainbow 
Hey, I was playing some DMs recently , I had a lot of fun with the MG weapon mowing people down or dying before I make it Smile

And I tought how nice it could be if it could look a little more 'energetical'. As it is a hitscan weapon, it hits instantly, why not instead of shooting a traveling 'sparks' make it shooting little white 'lightnings'?

Just thin white unlit lines that flash for a very short period of time and disappear without a trace. That could look very cool while shooting series (esecially if you're mixing primary and secondary fire modes. Secondary mode's lines should be thicker (remeber that first bullet fired with primary mode is also more powerful and it also should be thicker.

That could look very nice with the frightning stroboscopic bulletstromish feel just above your head Big Grin Woo!

Would be cool if bloom/HDR would also catch these lines and give them the glow.

What do you think?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

like tracer ammunition, would be cool!

i image it to be like this:

[Image: dm-1312856885854.png]

just with more bullets of course Smile

(i couldnt find a good image, so had to make it, it's from the flash game raze)

but it would make it possible to immediately see where the shooting player stands, some people might complain about that.

edit: yeah, found a good image :
http://www.defense.gov/dodcmsshare/newsp...5M-407.jpg

RAZE!!! yay! I played it too!

*back to topic:
I like the idea, too! Smile
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Really like this idea! It would be cool to have bullet path traces like that. It would look great! Smile

But what will you do about the bullet impacts when the white lines hit the wall, unfa? Will each bullet make a little orange flare to show the impact like they do currently in TheGameThatShallNotBeNamed? (Or in this case, a little white flare???)

(09-28-2010, 10:45 PM)Friskydingo Wrote: But what will you do about the bullet impacts when the white lines hit the wall, unfa? Will each bullet make a little orange flare to show the impact like they do currently in TheGameThatShallNotBeNamed? (Or in this case, a little white flare???)

Mmm... how about it leaving some white sparks flying from the hole (like those created by Nex/Xon currently)? And maybe a little puff of white steam? Smile

Let's say that this gun shoots bullets made of phosphorus Big Grin
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(09-29-2010, 12:49 PM)unfa Wrote: Mmm... how about it leaving some white sparks flying from the hole (like those created by Nex/Xon currently)? And maybe a little puff of white steam? Smile

Let's say that this gun shoots bullets made of phosphorus Big Grin

Ha, ha! Tongue

So, yeah, I think that could be a great idea. I would program it or model, but I can't make sense of QuakeC. Damn, I want to contribute as much as possible to Xonotic, but I don't know enough to do that. (Arrg, I can write Batch files, shell scripts, VB, C, C#, and a bit of C++, but I just can't grasp the basic concepts of QuakeC Angry).

Personally, I'd like to see the machinegun have a more chunky model like a minigun to be honest! Interesting idea also.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(09-30-2010, 07:48 PM)Friskydingo Wrote: So, yeah, I think that could be a great idea. I would program it or model, but I can't make sense of QuakeC. Damn, I want to contribute as much as possible to Xonotic, but I don't know enough to do that. (Arrg, I can write Batch files, shell scripts, VB, C, C#, and a bit of C++, but I just can't grasp the basic concepts of QuakeC Angry).

So you can code it right into the engine! Wink

kojn^, whatdayamean by "chunky"? Massive? Big? Heavy?

How about a three-barreled medium-sized thing?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is adding a Quake-like laser to the main game a good idea? cushinga 2 1,073 03-28-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  [DISCUSSION] Xonotic and QuakeC: How painful could it be rewrite Xonotic in a new language? derrant 2 2,325 07-14-2020, 06:45 AM
Last Post: derrant
  [SUGGESTION] Hagar Idea VertX 4 4,255 01-02-2016, 07:02 AM
Last Post: [*Mr.Chri$*]
  [SUGGESTION] Rocket Launcher model idea Beagle 5 6,056 05-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] random hagar idea frostwyrm333 7 7,538 02-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  [SUGGESTION] Change the clockwatch position/look raffi98 5 6,126 01-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Last Post: sev
Smile [SUGGESTION] Idea: Player-centric Xonotic lamefun 16 19,179 12-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Information [SUGGESTION] Idea: Forum cleanup? Samual 14 18,473 10-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Last Post: unfa
  [SUGGESTION] A vehicle Tank Idea aa 13 11,933 08-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: satuim
Exclamation [SUGGESTION] Idea: The Great Petitions lamefun 2 4,469 07-12-2013, 05:40 AM
Last Post: lamefun