Create an account

Poll: Do you like the idea ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
83.33%
5 83.33%
I don't care
0%
0 0%
No
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[SUGGESTION] Permanent ladder system, raking in-game

Hello,

I got this idea and I think it could be make xono very popular.
If someone already expose this idea, I'll delete.
If it violates the spirit of the game, I'll delete.

I'll try to explain it.

For the people who play trackmania. That's it...

For the other :
- You have to register on a serv.
- You start at the last place (if there is 500 ppl registered, you are at #501)
- When you play "official ladder" game server, you win rank (for example if you are #501, and you finish the map above people that are #300, you will be #400)
- More you win high ranked people, more you progress in rank.

A rank by country and in general shown in game could be nice.
I have no idea how to compute the new rank at the end of the map.

Arrogant player like me, like those rankin ^^

In Nexuiz, the Mr. green ladder system is a very good idea. What I propose is the same but, fully automatized and integrated in-game.

obviously, people choose if they want play ladder or not. (register or not)

What do you think ? Is it possible ?
Awesome, did Qz show you that ?
Nexuiz : I Reach the top5 of the ladder (even top3 I guess). Top1 French for quite some time (when active) of ladder. Top5 of some tournaments (if I remember well)

I know Trackmania... but I don't think that its Ranking System is the Best one for Xonotic... but I think its maybe better then the current! But I'd say you can't compare Xonotic rankings with TM rankings! ...we have all the game modes...
If we change to that, we need to rethink everything to get a nice ranking :S
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

This would be great as a mod for mass tournament system, but otherwise, I don't know if it's that cool for smaller servers.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

There were some thoughts about this feature.
An user statistics/authentification system.
Similar to QuakeLive or all the other commercial shooting games e.g. Bad Company 1/2, MW2, and so on...

First of all there must be a database where all your informations are stored...
And the (hopefully) coming Xonotic game have to interact with this database. (Does this work at all? ^^)

Before your (interesting) idea could be added, there have to be stats/auth system.

Well, I am not often on IRC... So there might be some updates I just don't know of. Tongue

This would be great for tourneys. I can state that for day to day play I wouldn't want to be forced to use it. Sometimes you just want to have fun, you know?
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

The authentication part is almost finished by now. Just in review at LordHavoc, will soon be committed to the engine.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

I like the idea, I played TrackMania and I think this is something exactly fitting Xonotic Smile

A worldwide competition between fraggeers.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(09-29-2010, 03:08 AM)divVerent Wrote: The authentication part is almost finished by now. Just in review at LordHavoc, will soon be committed to the engine.

Wooot!
I'm very glad to hear this. Big Grin

(09-28-2010, 06:10 PM)Antibody Wrote: This would be great for tourneys. I can state that for day to day play I wouldn't want to be forced to use it. Sometimes you just want to have fun, you know?

It would be optional, no one has to use it Smile
If we just wanna have fun we play without using ladder system, when we wanna do some competition we turn it on and here we go! Up, up, up and away!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(09-29-2010, 03:08 AM)divVerent Wrote: The authentication part is almost finished by now. Just in review at LordHavoc, will soon be committed to the engine.
Cool =) If an API is available, I can make the front web side. (maybe on the Xonotic website ?)

(09-29-2010, 10:25 AM)unfa Wrote:
(09-28-2010, 06:10 PM)Antibody Wrote: This would be great for tourneys. I can state that for day to day play I wouldn't want to be forced to use it. Sometimes you just want to have fun, you know?

It would be optional, no one has to use it Smile
If we just wanna have fun we play without using ladder system, when we wanna do some competition we turn it on and here we go! Up, up, up and away!
Sure, in my idea, people can choose.
Quote:I know Trackmania... but I don't think that its Ranking System is the Best one for Xonotic... but I think its maybe better then the current! But I'd say you can't compare Xonotic rankings with TM rankings! ...we have all the game modes...
If we change to that, we need to rethink everything to get a nice ranking
You right, but a ranking system could be developed only for 1on1 easily.
Everyone knows the 1on1 playerz, needs ranks
Awesome, did Qz show you that ?
Nexuiz : I Reach the top5 of the ladder (even top3 I guess). Top1 French for quite some time (when active) of ladder. Top5 of some tournaments (if I remember well)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Xonotic system requirements needed RaptorFX 50 78,894 07-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Cortez666
  [SUGGESTION] Matchmaking system? machine! 14 13,561 09-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Exclamation [SUGGESTION] Better Singleplayer AND A better pause system satuim 13 14,048 08-27-2013, 04:47 AM
Last Post: satuim
  [SUGGESTION] A small addition to the spawn system Dodge 25 23,929 07-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] XP system for stats cccxd 10 10,334 09-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Last Post: hutty
  [SUGGESTION] extended gravity system hutty 19 18,893 04-11-2012, 02:58 AM
Last Post: unfa
  [SUGGESTION] some kind of system to schedule matches/meetups jammo 5 6,603 10-09-2011, 04:54 AM
Last Post: lda17h
  [SUGGESTION] Unified icon system to give info about players unfa 18 22,249 11-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Rust Heart
  [SUGGESTION] Voting system in game Mirio 20 18,579 07-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Roanoke