Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
um nexuiz question

okay whenever i play nexuiz 252 i get weird lagg, like i can play lord of the rings online at full res and best effects and textures without lag(well maybe a little), but when i play nexuiz i get like 30 fps on ultra effects and res, but here is the weird part, whenever i lower the graphics and effects the frame rate does not change like it will still be 30 fps when i am playing on low, i dont get why it does this, this is on my new laptop with windows 7, and 2 intel pentium processors, and a intel family chipset graphics card, i don't get it, does anyone know how to fix this strange lag?

and i came here to ask this question for 2 reasons, 1 nexuiz forums are dead 2 i need to know because this lag will probably be in xonotic

also the laptop is a dell inspiron 14 n4020

(linux desktop is still broke)

Sorry dude, but Intel graphics chipsets are NOT capable of running Nexuiz at any setting very well. Undecided Darkplaces is way more powerful than a LOTR MMO engine, and as a result, needs more juice to go up to highest settings

And I should know, seeing as I am typing from my old lappy with an Intel 965 GMA. There is no real way to get around it, unless if you choose to use Damn Small Nexuiz. NOTE: DSN is really out of date, but believe me, although the graphics are nasty, you will be able to get 100+ FPS!

In fact, I found that my gaming performance improved by far after switching my laptop to DSN (or scientifically speaking, my n00b pwnage levels increased positively in proportion to my epic fail statistics)! Sorry, got carried away. Tongue

well that sucks, i wonder if there is any way to upgrade my video card

I'm currently running the Intel 4500MHD gfx and can get 50+ FPS on average at 800X600 with all effects except coronas off and r_fullbright 1 r_sky 0 enabled on regular nexuiz, so it can be played but you will have to tweak some settings and save for an upgrade.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

thank you, now i can play with a great frame rate, thanks

Liquid, it amazes me that you can perform that well on such a crappy video card. When are you gonna get an upgrade?
o_O

It's all about consistent framerate in my experience.

I am running Nexuiz on a cheap laptop that overheats quickly and runs out of stemina even faster, but by tweaking most stuff down and capping framerate to 40 fps I can perform pretty nicely in public server play. Only because my framerate is stable now. I was performing like crap when I still had 150+ highs and 30- lows on the other hand. I think that if there are no weird slowdowns, you can adjust to it and play as if you have a high end system, provided your framerate is stable. 40 is the lowest level for me though, anything below that becomes too choppy and players become pretty much impossible to predict.

Edit: running fullscreen helps to combat weird slowdowns in my case.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

(10-02-2010, 04:36 AM)PinkRobot Wrote: It's all about consistent framerate in my experience.

I am running Nexuiz on a cheap laptop that overheats quickly and runs out of stemina even faster, but by tweaking most stuff down and capping framerate to 40 fps I can perform pretty nicely in public server play. Only because my framerate is stable now. I was performing like crap when I still had 150+ highs and 30- lows on the other hand. I think that if there are no weird slowdowns, you can adjust to it and play as if you have a high end system, provided your framerate is stable. 40 is the lowest level for me though, anything below that becomes too choppy and players become pretty much impossible to predict.

Edit: running fullscreen helps to combat weird slowdowns in my case.

Just a remark: few months ago, my laptop had started to overheat too, inducing brutal shutdowns. After a little dust cleaning in fans, everything got fine now.
Until the next cleaning session...
Fat.bot.Slim

(10-02-2010, 01:38 AM)Dokujisan Wrote: Liquid, it amazes me that you can perform that well on such a crappy video card. When are you gonna get an upgrade?
o_O

Not any time soon.
PinkRobot hit it on the head, consistent frame rate is what matters I can go down to 30 fps and still perform well but with out capping my card it tends to stay between 60-45 fps and I can deal with that variation.
<Samual_> no

something i found interesting is that you can have a external graphics card, but i have no clue of how to get one

(10-04-2010, 08:47 AM)jacob Wrote: something i found interesting is that you can have a external graphics card, but i have no clue of how to get one

Yes I noticed them a while back haven't really looked into them seriously but they are interesting and it seems more companies are coming out with their own versions I think these guys were the first but i'm not sure. those use an Express Card slot.
<Samual_> no

Maybe we should have "Recommended Settings" button or something of the sort so that we can easily determine the best settings for our rig.

(10-08-2010, 10:07 AM)aCROX999 Wrote: Maybe we should have "Recommended Settings" button or something of the sort so that we can easily determine the best settings for our rig.

Maybe you shouldn't post twice Tongue
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I don't know why but I didn't. Its IE9 problem I guess. I pressed the button just once. And I also pressed that delete button, but it won't delete. Don't tell me to change to another browser, 'cuz I wont. >:[

if all of us with Intel cards hit this recommended settings button it would recommend us to F10.
<Samual_> no

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nexuiz server in xonotic browser Cooper Hawks 19 16,342 01-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [Nexuiz Frag Movie] Farewell PCLizard 33 37,338 05-24-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Wish to replace the xonotic music with the music from nexuiz Chromatose 19 19,675 07-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Last Post: rafallus
  Xonotic vs Nexuiz 2.5.2 - Core differences rafallus 13 24,501 02-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Last Post: hutty
  question about maps frostwyrm333 5 5,071 01-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  The best nexuiz videos MDWGUNS 144 138,390 11-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Last Post: PCLizard
  [Nexuiz Frag Movie] A unique frag B3RZERK 6 7,402 09-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Comparison between Xonotic and Nexuiz Exitium 34 38,532 05-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Cortez666
  Graphics: Xonotic VS Nexuiz [WARNING: OFFTOPIC] Exitium 73 97,646 05-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  An average day in nexuiz australia. ... 11 21,557 02-08-2011, 04:03 AM
Last Post: chooksta