Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oblivion's Umbra Rigged [test]

Hi guys, this is my first thread on xonotic, so, I'm little excited!Big Grin
Anyay, this is just a little Rig test of Great Oblivion's Character model, Umbra

First time on my life, I tried not to reuse Pirya Skeleton and Animations as I did in the past, but to recreate a very simple skeleton and recreate animations from scratch, respecting timing and fps from old Nexuiz models, of course!

Comments, this time, would be welcome and VERY appreciated!!

cheers

Umbra Test Rigged 0.1

Lol, I also already did a rig and animations for Umbra and its on the dev tracker. Your animations are probably better than mine because it was my first time. Also I should let you know that we may not be able to use umbra at all because it is an ultra skinny model but oblivion may flesh out the mesh a bit.

woah .. you guys should work togheter Smile

wow DiaboliK, I'm sorry.. I didn't find any reply in the Oblivion's thread on alienTRAP and I thought that Umbra wasn't rigged!Blush
Anyway, animations I made are still horrible, but I promise to finish them for half-april in conjuction with a new version of the Blender Model Export Guide. It will be (hopefully) a full guide from a to z covering principles of rigging and a complete skeleton shipped with it divided in two versions:basic and advanced. The basic version is the one used for the this test. I hope Xonotic community will appreciate more than Nexuiz one individual efforts by members!Tongue

Anyway.. two questions:
1Where I can find your model, Diabolik?
2There's another model to be rigged?

ps: @ mand1nga:well, it would be great to cooperate to make something for this new project!

Well I have rigged all oblivions models(umbra, pyria, ignis) and animated them. I have released a test of umbra but the format is new. its IQM which is not supported by the nexuiz code yet. i need to push my code to xonotic repo but i forgot too. sorry for not posting on AT. I didn't want to disappoint people that I was rigging for xonotic and not nexuiz.

http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/25 (umbra stuff)
http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/39 (ignis screenshots)

Wow,great! Can you tell me more about this new format? Where can I found documentation?
thx in advance

http://lee.fov120.com/iqm/

Its really great for blender users. We can export directly to IQM without any middle compilations. so just export to iqm Tongue

sorry, but how to download at box . net Tongue It keeps going to the homepage of it.

PS I created an account but it still does.

@ DiaboliK: Wow, thx a Lot!!I can't wait to dig into this new format!A question to devs:with this format is easier to add advanced physics (ragdolls and locomotion system)or is it the same than .zym/.smd?

@kay, I can't help you, I'm sorry. Ther's no need to register to box.net to download the file. If I point to that file, logged in or logged out, I can always download the file. Are you sure you're pointing on the right link?

I wouldn't worry about ragdoll physics, etc. It's not going to happen in the near future. What I do know is that with IQM and DPM you can create your own framegroups file, so you can control the speed of the anims and when they start and stop, etc.

(03-26-2010, 06:34 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: I wouldn't worry about ragdoll physics, etc. It's not going to happen in the near future.
Yeah, I know. It was just curiosity!Big Grin
(03-26-2010, 06:34 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: What I do know is that with IQM and DPM you can create your own framegroups file, so you can control the speed of the anims and when they start and stop, etc.
Can you tell me more about framegroups?Because I can't find anywhere documentation?thanks

Oh i get it i clicked in on the middle download button the one on the right top works Wink

http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...ramegroups

for the loops/noloops take a look at the other framegroup files

Thanks a lot DiaboliK, I'll try to make some test!Anyway I hope, and this is a real request, that xonotic community won't commit the same nexuiz error and creates a "Docs " session with tons of guides, tutorial, etc for developers/artists. I (whit the spare time I have of course) promise that I'll help as I can finishing all the guides I started.

No worries. Sepelio is making several tuts as we speak. I'll probably be making more too, though a common problem among artists is that we use very different tools.

And tonnedu could you log into irc? #xonotic.editing on irc.quakenet.org

It'd be easier for all the mappers, artists, sound people, etc. to be on there. Faster communication and discussions on projects and assignments as well.

ok you should be able to try my version of the animations of umbra with the latest checkout of xonotic which now has iqm support.

http://omploader.org/vM3dqcQ

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My contributions (Oblivion) Oblivion 3 2,471 08-28-2017, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe