Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
new gun model: electro

[Image: electro.jpg]
v1

[Image: electro_v2.jpg]
v2

it is my goal to eventually replace every xonotic weapon model.

here is a possible model for electro.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

YES! That definitely looks like it would be an improvement over the current model.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

O_o

Electro or Mortar.

I think I have a plan for the mortar Wink

btw, do you like the 2 barrels, or should I try and find a way to make it one?

Imgur Gallery

Well electro has 2 outputs so 2 barrels is good.

what does the fps view look like?

[Image: electroFPV.jpg]

like that Smile (position might be off of course)

Imgur Gallery

Love it!

Unfortionatly I know nothing about texturing. Tongue

thats really sexy, although i think the electro is curentlly the best model in the game already! Don't really know what else it could be? maybe super shoot gun?
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

What about the new mine layer weapon? This could possibly fit it just fine! It also needs a mine model for the dropped mines themselves.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

+1 for FruitieX's suggestion. Perhaps the four things coming off the barrel could be electromagnets, and the weapon uses that to shoot mines Wink

The model itself looks great (especially in first person view), and I think it could fit in well as the electro or mortar. But, as Cuinnton said, the electro is probably already one of the best looking weapons in the game.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

these 4 ... which stick out make the model have a "butterfly-design".... i'm not so sure whether i like that.

it should have at least on of those huge barrels for the electro-balls. but the other one shoots a lighting right now, so it should have another barrel imo.

mine layer does not fit imo, but i don't know exactly why Smile

this fits mine layer. nuff said.

Also, it might be good as tag seeker, since the current tag seeker is just another version of fireball.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

(10-07-2010, 01:51 AM)Minkovsky Wrote: this fits mine layer. nuff said.

Also, it might be good as tag seeker, since the current tag seeker is just another version of fireball.

Actually, the fireball uses the tag model. Though this would make a kick-ass looking tag seeker, just need to make the front of those barrels look like missile batteries.

Oh wait.

As for me - this model looks nice for electro. Just one of the barrels should be thinner if suposd to shoot electricity beam Smile. It doesn't have to be thinner on the outside, becuse shooting electricity (or maybe just electrons) might require some massive electromagnets that could be located aroud the thin barrel makng it thick.
Nice work, theShadow Smile

Would you eventually drop in some wireframe shots also?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(10-07-2010, 03:57 AM)unfa Wrote: Just one of the barrels should be thinner if suposd to shoot electricity beam Smile.

*Opens console*
exec balanceLeeStricklin.cfg
exec physicsLeeStricklin.cfg

What beam?

Oh wait.

the electro fires a lighting, and a blue, transparent, glowing and exploding ball. this weapon model like little more than a grenade launcher. the only energetic thing of this model is the small white part.

i would try not-so-standard-barrels and adding more bling and more energy to this model.

I believe lee is saying that in HIS balance, he got rid of the lightning beam.

and yes, when I made the gun, I was thinking of those 4 things around the barrel as some sort of electromagnetic focusing array. (which imo would work for a beam OR a projectile)

and I think i can make one barrel bigger than the other. that might actually make it look better...

also, I am thinking of adding some kind of shoulder pad. what do you think?

Imgur Gallery

if you change a barrel and make these 4 things look like a electromagnetic focusing array, i'm fine with the model (although you need only two capacitor plates to focus an electron ray Big Grin )

Nerd alert!

:-)

but if you had 4, wouldn't you gain more directional control of the beam? eh? eh?

also, I know some other bits I can make glowy. glowy bits make everything better.

Imgur Gallery

nice model! Wink
(but I also love the current!)
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

[Image: electro_v2.jpg]
v2

Imgur Gallery

...and it would be nice to have this model animated! Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

if weapon animations ever become possible, I will try and make every weapon have some kind of animation.

although, what kind of animation do you have in mind for this model?

Imgur Gallery

The body looks awesome now, but not to sure about having the big barrel on top.
Looks like a cartoon shotgun or something.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Model Switching? moemoemoemoemoe 0 1,559 12-04-2022, 12:26 AM
Last Post: moemoemoemoemoe
Photo Morphed's used brushes for weapon and item model texturing LegendGuard 0 1,712 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Fox player model MirceaKitsune 12 17,490 07-12-2021, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [NEED HELP] Shotgun model from nexuiz v1.1 Kotangens 1 2,410 03-06-2021, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  Texture and Player Model Creation Help Molnija 5 4,978 09-30-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Molnija
  Player model links end user 1 3,410 09-13-2017, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Julius
  Mega Nyx New Model? Beagle 2 3,874 01-14-2016, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Vixen player model for Xonotic MirceaKitsune 7 14,610 01-12-2016, 04:59 PM
Last Post: SnowblindPariah
  Uploaded 21 models - Model repo end user 4 7,482 11-19-2015, 01:51 PM
Last Post: end user
  Xonotic work light model zlsa 3 3,880 04-03-2015, 05:25 PM