Create an account

Poll: Like idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
46.15%
6 46.15%
Don't care!
23.08%
3 23.08%
No!
30.77%
4 30.77%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SUGGESTION] P2P Chat

Star 
It would be nice to have the feature, that you could add some "friends" in the Xonotic game, but we don't want to use the servers just for Chatting with friends, so I thought of a PeerToPeer Chatting feature!
The Good Thing: You could have an Out-Of-Match-Chatting without any server connection!

The Chat could also include something like that:
Code:
rainerzufalldererste started playing on the "Ultimate CTF Server" [follow]

And in the end we maybe will have a total in-Game Social Network Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I also think that this kind of tool would make Xonotic self-sufficient.
And I'm pretty sure that it's an important necessary condition to make Xono a popular game.

But... some might (will?) answer: "no, no, IRC is just perfect. End of the topic".
Useless to say that I don't agree. Smile
Fat.bot.Slim

That idea is... AWESOMESAUCE!!!
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

no, no, IRC is just perfect.

Really though, it's a nice idea but IRC does exactly this plus infinitely more. IMO IRC integration is probably a (simpler?) and more useful way of implementing such a thing.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

IRC implementation would kick a lot of ass.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

let's precise the problem: the problem is not using IRC protocol. The problem is using external IRC clients.
But, from what i'm reading, everybody seems to agree on this.
Fat.bot.Slim

(10-08-2010, 06:59 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: IRC implementation would kick a lot of ass.

Like to chat with people who are playing at a server via IRC? Exists! Wink

yeah, it will be EXTREMELY GREAT to have that "friends" feature, where u can see where ur friends are playing and chat with them without the need to connect to a server.
I think this can be easily done after divVerent completes the authentication system.
I also think that it doesn't have to be p2p, the same server that will handle authentication can also provide the chatting service and maybe many others too, it can be kinda Main/Admin server, and it will be administrated by main game programmers only like divVerent.
btw, as u may already know, this same feature exists in Quake Live.

Yeah I can see it now "hey everyone on ESK you suck HOCTF people rule..." cross server chatting with other players could be fun but lets not go all fb and start adding useless fluff such as like buttons and profiles...profiles? in game player profiles complete with player stats (if he/she chooses to show the other players) total play time, favorite game type, favorite server, screen shots, a spec this player button when he/she is playing; heh yeah you could go wild with it if you really wanted to.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

yay! like buttons (*cough*facebook xD)
After playing a map it would be nice to have a "like" button Big Grin
maybe the likes for each map can be arranged globally (on all servers)
MY NOOB STATS:

This 'like' thing could be brought to next level.

Code:
Gameplay [xxx] [+] [-]
Visulas  [xxx] [+] [-]
Music    [xxx] [+] [-]

xxx is a rating number (positive or negative cardinal number). Overall map rating would be calculated from theese or added as another one.

This could be helpful for contributors to see what they can improve and would be much more informational than just 'like'
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(10-10-2010, 12:11 PM)unfa Wrote: This 'like' thing could be brought to next level.

Code:
Gameplay [xxx] [+] [-]
Visulas  [xxx] [+] [-]
Music    [xxx] [+] [-]

xxx is a rating number (positive or negative cardinal number). Overall map rating would be calculated from theese or added as another one.

This could be helpful for contributors to see what they can improve and would be much more informationsal than just 'like'

Great Idea! You're right!
MY NOOB STATS:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Chat area improvements acerspyro 1 2,895 07-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Glowing chat icon Leeloo 13 12,396 10-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Optional Voice Chat (No Third Party Software) jngdwe 10 11,133 08-18-2010, 02:56 AM
Last Post: divVerent