Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Xfire support ???

Exclamation 
I dunno if this section i correct but i just want to ask to the xonotic community if you want the Xfire's support.
I mean Xfire is not only a vocal chat software but is more with :

- screenshot hosting
- video hosting
- live streaming
- great forums for clan recruiting and other
- and many more options for the games like hour count

So, would like to have this support ???
I think yes ... the problem with asking suppor to Xfire's devs is the numbers of who ask the support.
If i make a post on the official forum and only a restricted number of person follow my post the support will never done ( is wasted time ).

IMHO i think Xfire support will be a very intresting feature for improve advertising for the new game ( Xfire has got 17000000 users ).
I can make with no problem the discussion and i can link the post here.

What do you think about it ???
Let me know Big Grin
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

Uhmm... XFire? :|

Do we have a need for that? Maybe voluntary for these who want....

(10-16-2010, 04:10 AM)Debugger Wrote: Uhmm... XFire? :|

Do we have a need for that? Maybe voluntary for these who want....

I never said we need Xfire Big Grin .... Nexuiz was great without Xfire and i personally played a lot of time Nexuiz without Xfire support but Xfire is a great tool to make "marketing" in videogame world.
Mine is only a suggestion for made advertisement on a big network like Xfire.

Nexuiz supported Xfire... Or rather Xfire supported Nexuiz.
In fact, you even used it, it seems: http://www.xfire.com/games/nexuiz/Nexuiz/

And as far as I know THEY have to do all the work to support games.

Yes i used it ... i personally uploaded some videos ... it works fine and is real usefull and you can just see :

http://www.xfire.com/video/1996b1/

Mr. Bougo Wrote:Nexuiz supported Xfire... Or rather Xfire supported Nexuiz.

Absolutely NOT true, incorrect at 50 % Smile
Not fear : now i explain
I can upload video and screen on Xfire because i ask another Nexuiz's player to give me the code to activate Nexuiz's complete support.
Nexuiz for default has not support for screenshot and video hosting but you can just hack Xfire service with a code :

http://bartuc.altervista.org/forum/viewt...f=24&t=100

For Xonotic will be different ( no hacking ) if a lot of persons ask for THAT support ... same thing is appened with Warsow ( warsow has got complete support : check here ) but not with Nexuiz.
Only few persons in the past ask for Nexuiz's Xfire support ... infact the support is not perfect Sad

Mr. Bougo Wrote:And as far as I know THEY have to do all the work to support games.

Yep ... THEY make default support for BIG commercial game not for the OPENSOURCE one like Xonotic or Nexuiz ( Open arena is an example bcauz is not supported after a lot of years from the first release ).
WE only just ask to support if WE think this is a good stuff for Xonotic.
If not no problem Smile but bigger games like Warsow have complete support for Xfire and IMHO Xonotic support will be a perfect stuff for the first Xonotic release.

I remeber a topic on the Nexuiz's forum about the difference from the numbers of players in Nexuiz and Warsow .... one problem of this difference is linked with big network support.
If you try to link the project with this big networks you certainly gain in fame.

Also : Xonotic devs doesnt do nothing more than release the game ( i mean the first official release ) .... Xfire devs and mod will make the support for us ... is not hard to understand Wink

I want to finish this text wall post saying this is only a suggestion for improve Xonotic ... i like Xonotic and devs' work and i just see Xonotic high in fame.

yeah why not, xfire sounds great.

(10-16-2010, 04:10 AM)Debugger Wrote: Uhmm... XFire? :|
Do we have a need for that?

we dont have a need for games at all, but theyre fun.

xfire is a great community feature.
[?] - #kwestion @quakenet

I've already said that Xonotic needs to be supported on Xfire.

However, all we need to do is ask Xfire developers support Xonotic. Or make a big topic on Xfire forums about Xonotic, so it will be noticed.

yeah Exitium ... only way is to make a very big post on the official Xfire forum.
I can make the discussione on new game ideas forum when Xonotic will be released.

Xfire is an excellent tool for online gaming. Although it is not "needed" it would surely help to a widespread knowledge about Xonotic.
It has a "Free" games section on it's supported game list and if people check it and see Xonotic under it (if they don't about the game yet) they may be tempted to try it out Tongue

Cheers
Hellgardia

(11-17-2010, 06:43 AM)Hellgardia Wrote: Xfire is an excellent tool for online gaming. Although it is not "needed" it would surely help to a widespread knowledge about Xonotic.
It has a "Free" games section on it's supported game list and if people check it and see Xonotic under it (if they don't about the game yet) they may be tempted to try it out Tongue

Cheers
Hellgardia
totally agree.
i think we have to do sth.
after all we need more players and it sounds like a good option to get newbies.
but make things clear, what speaks against this? contras?

For those who not know, a topic has been created on xfire for them to support Xonotic Wink http://www.xfire.com/forums/182627/topic/2326118/?p=2

Cheers

(11-17-2010, 06:43 AM)Hellgardia Wrote: Xfire is an excellent tool for online gaming. Although it is not "needed" it would surely help to a widespread knowledge about Xonotic.

Cheers
Hellgardia

I think is needed !!!!!! I'm 24/24 hours, 7 days on 7 connected Big Grin
Like a droug for me Tongue

Btw Xfire is perfect foir video and screenshot hosting too so imho we need that support.

CrrazzyRulezz Wrote:but make things clear, what speaks against this? contras?

Wtf ??? Big Grin I dont understand Smile

So we finally got Xonotic support! Big Grin

Cheers all

(05-06-2011, 06:45 PM)Hellgardia Wrote: So we finally got Xonotic support! Big Grin

Cheers all

AWESOME!

http://www.xfire.com/games/xonot/Xonotic/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Desura support? Exitium 17 23,245 06-08-2012, 05:00 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  Use Xfire and share Xonotic! Exitium 13 15,617 05-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Last Post: BARTUC
  Topic on Xfire Hellgardia 8 6,728 12-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Hellgardia