Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NetRadiant development

I'm mostly curious about two things, one, is NetRadiant still being developed or has it kinda peaked? And Two, I saw for x64 Linux, there is a version of NetRadiant, which I'm assuming means someone took the time to recompile Q3Map2 for x64.

Less importantly, are there any documentation pages for the x64 version of Q3Map2? Is anyone here using it? Does it perform any faster than the 32 bit versions of Q3map2? Will it ever be brought to 64-bit Windows 7?

Thanks.

well i have been using netradiant on windows 7 , and check this to find out about news and new versions http://dev.alienTRAP.org/projects/netradiant/activity it might be peaked, i'm sorry if i didn't give you the information you needed

NetRadiant the editor is only maintained, not developed, and to be replaced by ZeroRadiant if id software ever brings that one to a usable state.

The included map compiler, q3map2, is still in active development, e.g. it recently got a new light subsampling mode for less aliasing.

And yes, it works just fine on x86_64.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

(10-18-2010, 02:51 AM)divVerent Wrote: NetRadiant the editor is only maintained, not developed, and to be replaced by ZeroRadiant if id software ever brings that one to a usable state.

The included map compiler, q3map2, is still in active development, e.g. it recently got a new light subsampling mode for less aliasing.

And yes, it works just fine on x86_64.

Whoa! Where is this new version(q3map2)? Are you referring to NetRadiant's 2.5.17? Or did ydnar release a new version somewhere?

I have the latest version of NetRadiant working well on a 64 bit computer, on 64 bit windows, which works, but the software for windows is 32 bit, which is fine, it's just not taking full advantage of the 64-bit mode. You're saying the one that's been recompiled for linux X64 is significantly faster than its 32 bit counterpart? I was under the impression it was just a compile job someone did to make sure it just "worked" and left it at that.

Thanks for your time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gentoo packages: ebuilds for Xonotic, d0_blind_id, NetRadiant, fteqcc Nikoli 5 11,803 09-17-2011, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Nikoli
Photo Xonotic development thread. Droid 9 8,962 09-05-2011, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Is it just me.. or has Netradiant gone? Spyroviper 8 7,258 12-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper