Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken space key

So, after a month or two I launched Nexuiz, and I was hopping around, and then I wasn't. I looked at my keyboard and WTF ?!
The space key has broken, now I have to buy a new one. Angry

ya , i wore out my laptop keyboard , but i swapped around some of those rubber thingos , with unused keys , worked mint , but then i got a gaming keyboard Big Grin

:^

All you need to do is to re-assign the key for jumping. For example, I always use the "@" key for jumping. It's a bit uncomfortable because I always need both hands on the keyboard for it but all the other keys were already bound to chat messages.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I'll probably go with LShift or whatever, funny thing how Nexuiz is space-key intensive :-)

You get used to whatever. You know, I played Descent keyboard only :o)

But true, my space key doesn't look too good either.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

That's why I don't buy Logitech or especially anything that's built similar (this includes Razer!) and also keep a gaming keypad. It's a good idea to save up and invest $70-$120 USD on a well-built MECHANICAL keyboard because those often work for a few decades and will out last (just google Model M and you'll see what I'm talking about) every component on your system put together. I currently use the modern version of the Model M (customizer with buckling springs) made by Unicomp and it still types like the day I received it in spite having been dropped, bashed a few times, and having soda spilled on it. A gaming keypad (Cyber Snipa PC Gamepad 2, Ideazon Fang, etc.) is a good idea too, not only for easier access to important keys, but because if you wreck them, you won't take the rest of your keyboard with it. I'd recommend a Cyber Snipa if you look at keypads.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(10-21-2010, 10:55 AM)Halogene Wrote: You know, I played Descent keyboard only :o)
Big respect.
Fat.bot.Slim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quake 2 Railwarz instaGib CTF!!! Games 7 nights a week! bind key +hook for lazer hook MajorLazer 7 11,479 09-19-2016, 05:34 PM
Last Post: MajorLazer
  vertical space shooters ... hutty 18 17,410 09-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  Space Marine! Sepelio 2 3,572 08-26-2011, 05:56 AM
Last Post: frostwyrm333