Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Evilspace2ctf

[Image: pqo0rdatvkrje54qrf1u_thumb.jpg][Image: zl566vgaqy75a9o1q8xe_thumb.jpg]
[Image: l2b8n20t30p4i5j9qz_thumb.jpg][Image: mqqtghxiovmxst2m2iav_thumb.jpg][Image: xycaq5j0q1oo0mzhti39_thumb.jpg]

Download: http://ompldr.org/vNXNiZQ/evilspace2ctf.pk3
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Nice, but... Why do I feel it's sort of ripping off min_ctf1? Big Grin
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

You put the jump pad under the flag back in?

Ugh.

(10-11-2010, 01:21 PM)Minkovsky Wrote: Nice, but... Why do I feel it's sort of ripping off min_ctf1? Big Grin
no why should i?
the evilspacectf map is from 2007

Dokujisan Wrote:You put the jump pad under the flag back in?

Yes they work much better now
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Nice work, but I feel like the big concrete blocks are very plain. Before these had bevels and such in them which gave them a bit of detail and made them look a good bit more interesting.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

Video 
Cortez, I tested this map out this evening. Here are my comments.

- There is something up w/ the launchpads near the MG spawns. If you strafe at all when you enter them, you are catapulted into space after bouncing off the middle platform. Here is a video of what's happening: Strange launchpad behavior
- I agree with Sepelio in that the columns look drab.
- The "caution" borders are being used everywhere, which makes them seem less important and repetitive.
- There needs to be a way to get to either base without going through the middle. As it stands this is not a good CTF map balance-wise because it would be very easy to camp the middle and shut down the opposing team.
- The bounce pads behind the flag work better now!
- I like the barrier in front of the flag. I see it as a logistical challenge in getting away with the flag and defending it. It isn't the way to go if you want super-intense gameplay, though.
- I had a lot of fun playing with a few routes for capping. Videos here (with a rocket jump) and here (without the rocket jump).
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

I agree with Sepelio - it'd be nice if those big pillars had more detail in them.
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz