Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xion - Unity FPS Halo Like Game

(10-23-2010, 05:10 AM)SkyHookers Wrote: If you will help me with Development.. so could you make Models.. Big Grin

Is this a commercial project with realistic chances of making more money than it will cost in time to make? Or are you going to pay your artists per hour or per assignment as they go?

If neither, you should switch to Panda3D and release under an open source or free license. Because otherwise there isn't much incentive for artists to help you out for free.

Closed source, freeware game projects are rarely successful. And even then, less rewarding for contributors, because their closed source nature doesn't easily attract future maintainers, which leads to a much shorter lifespan.
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

who are the developers? just you? will it be gpl? website? platforms? language (QuakeC, C++) and OpenGL?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

EDITED: The Unity Game (Xion) is now a Nexuiz Remake

EDITED: The Unity Game (Xion) is now a Nexuiz Remake

So now there's "3" (note my quotes) games based off of Nexuiz? Why? Also, how far have you come with Xion and what are the goals? So basically, there's Nexuiz based off DarkPlaces, there's Nexuiz based off Cryengine and Nexuiz based off Unity? I'm sorry if sound harsh and negative but, why not make Nexuiz for all kinds of engines?

Again, I'm not against you, your idea and ambition, I just can't get my head around why anyone would want to make yet another Nexuiz game.
[Image: duck.gif]
ai am ai.

Fix the avatar size limit please! I want my avatar gifs back! DISCRIMINATION!
Also, change my name to 'ai', these forums sucks which can't have 2 letters in the nick!

hmmm... do we nee that many?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Xion is a Darkplaces Game now
Quote:Is this a commercial project with realistic chances of making more money than it will cost in time to make? Or are you going to pay your artists per hour or per assignment as they go?

If neither, you should switch to Panda3D and release under an open source or free license. Because otherwise there isn't much incentive for artists to help you out for free.

Closed source, freeware game projects are rarely successful. And even then, less rewarding for contributors, because their closed source nature doesn't easily attract future maintainers, which leads to a much shorter lifespan.

Xion is a Open Source game, FREE OF COURSE!!

Answer: It's called Xion. It's free and open source. It is a fork of Nexuiz...maybe.

Question: What information do I know about the Xion project?

Xion sounds awfully like Xonotic.. and now based on the same engine.. urgh! What is really the point? Why not just help out with Xonotic?

I've seen (and had) first hand experience with people who constantly change their minds in development. It ends up falling flat on it's face. (Don't mean to sound harsh).

Xion has been renamed and changed, see the Aylonic topic for info!

And yes, Xion has got into a Nexuiz Image Mod and sounds Awfully like Xonotic

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New FPS fan website MarisaG 4 5,225 09-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Last Post: MarisaG
  Is Open Source Multiplayer FPS as a whole dying? Danfun64 9 9,969 01-13-2018, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Antares*
Wink Splatoon, Cause Nintendo Can FPS Too Orbiter Sunblast 2 4,484 07-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Orbiter Sunblast
  Toxikk - Arena FPS kojn^ 57 55,100 03-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
Tongue Underwear brand that looks like the Xonotic logo MirceaKitsune 25 27,674 02-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Last Post: aa
  Cool new FOSS multiplayer FPS (Terminal-Overload) poVoq 22 33,758 10-23-2014, 07:07 AM
Last Post: poVoq
  What's your rig (gaming machine) like? c00L 8 15,178 10-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Halogene
  Seems there's a resurgence in high speed and arena FPS games now Lee_Stricklin 12 23,474 09-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Compiz/unity got undirected fullscreen windows s1lence 2 3,921 10-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Last Post: edh
  Your history as a fps-player? xvlL 30 23,678 07-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Evropi