Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Different characteristics for Bots

Soo I thought about different characteristics for bots in Xonotic, because its a nice feature of another game. It has got characteristics like:
  • PeaceBot:
    A bot that only disarms players and takes the weapon, which they are holding
  • SpeedBot:
    A bot that is very fast
  • TurtleBot:
    A bot with a shield
  • FistBot
    A bot which does not use weapons but since there are no fists in Xonotic he could use the Shotgun Sec.
  • SuicideBot
    A bot which attacks an enemy even with 1 HP
  • VengeBot
    A bot that pursues the player that killed him last
[..] and so on.

Could be used in the single player campaign like that you have to fight 3 TurtleBots in 1 level or something like it.
What do you think? Tongue

such different ai would be great in botmatches
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

i think it sounds reasonable. Hey Mirio, nice idea bro!!
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Sounds cool Big Grin

There could also be MG spambot who shoots you with primary MachineGun until he runs out of ammo or your body have been gibbed with it Big Grin

LaserBot who uses only laser and tries to push you into void/lava/botomless pit.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Nice idea, Mirio. Sounds really nice! Smile

I'm thinking this type of bots could change randomly. In a match, if u play some minutes you can detect the behaviour type of each bot (VengeBot is [BOT]Eureka, etc.). It could be even funnier that the bot could change randomly its behaviour after each kill. What do u think about?
Xonotic player
[BOT] member

[BOT]Mirio would be the one laser jumping everywhere, regardeless to other opponents, with a flag in the back.
Fat.bot.Slim

(10-25-2010, 11:54 AM)Mirio Wrote: ....
  • PeaceBot:
    A bot that only disarms players and takes the weapon, which they are holding
  • SpeedBot:
    A bot that is very fast
  • SuicideBot
    A bot which attacks an enemy even with 1 HP

Do want!
i especially like the idea of the bot that just runs around at insane speeds.

These could be the CVars:
sv_bot_Mirio 1; sv_bot_Mirio_SpeedBot 1; sv_bot_Mirio_SpeedBot_speed insane; sv_bot_Mirio_LaserBot 1; sv_bot_Mirio_EtcBot_lol 1; ....
4m038105 - Be the change.

Let's also have a bot that camps at strong items (xonrifle, quad, shield, minstanex, etc.) and spams everyone who comes there with hagar or electro
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

(10-31-2010, 02:30 AM)Minkovsky Wrote: Let's also have a bot that camps at strong items (xonrifle, quad, shield, minstanex, etc.) and spams everyone who comes there with hagar or electro

Campbots would be really really annoying Undecided
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

(10-26-2010, 08:10 AM)unfa Wrote: Sounds cool Big Grin

There could also be MG spambot who shoots you with primary MachineGun until he runs out of ammo or your body have been gibbed with it Big Grin

This actually exists in DCC. ChefnikBot : )

booo; mega-rofl xD
(but a true story!) Big Grin

nice idea! Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Yes, yes, yes!

It's a feature I've been wanting to see in more games for a long time. The original UT, which I suspect a lot of people here played, had a few sliders and IIRC checkboxes for AI options on a per-bot basis; you configured each bot and specified which ones to have in your match. An N64 FPS called Perfect Dark did even better than that, in some ways at least: there was only one difficulty variable, but several "personality types" other than normal. The best part is that most of them only involved AI, while a few also had stat changes. The ones I remember:

PeaceSim: never attacks any one, just runs around disarming other players and trying to collect weapon pickups before every one else (In that game, fist altfire would steal weapon from opponent)
FistSim: like PeaceSim, but without the pacifism- it'll punch your lights out, which is made worse by the motion blur that punching attacks inflicted
CowardSim: highly avoidant, seems obsessed with stacking up on shields
PreySim: highly avoidant of any one better equipped, ruthlessly pursues players who might be easy kills (I don't remember what criteria it used to judge that.)
JudgeSim: single-mindedly pursues the score leader
VengeSim: single-mindedly pursues whomever killed it last
FeudSim: single-mindedly pursues one unlucky, randomly chosen target for the whole match
KazeSim: always hyper-agressive, no matter how outmatched it is (They probably die the most, but also kill the most...)
RocketSim: goes strait for the nearest weapon with an explosive effect and always uses explosive firemodes/weapons

SpeedSim: moves much faster than other players, these can be an incredible nightmare
TurtleSim: moves much slower than others, but gets several times more hitpoints from shield pickups and spawns with such a super-shield

All of the above came in several difficulty levels. The highest difficulty setting, "DarkSim," also boosted movement speed a bit and probably other stats. DarkSims would also stand there and shoot your corpse for a while- sort of an early form of corpse-humping... that boosted their accuracy and headshot stats. Man, I miss that game...

Edit: For Xonotic I'm particularly interested in KazeSims and RocketSims, as well as their polar opposites Campy/Stacky Bots like Minkovsky described and Bots that avoid weapons with self-damage potential. I guess it could be implemented a Kaze/Minkovsky slider and a "suicidally effective" slider. I guess they could be combined, but I'd like to keep them separate so one would naturally favour the quad while the other favours the shield.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Flag Carrier Roaming for Bots Antares* 3 3,163 07-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Crouching & climbing for bots Antares* 0 1,859 06-21-2017, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  [SUGGESTION] Different Input Key Settings for different Game Modes Magician 1 2,875 03-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Last Post: -z-
  [SUGGESTION] xonotic bots helloitsme 8 8,494 09-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Last Post: zwz
  [SUGGESTION] xonotic single player --- this time its different :D hutty 10 18,264 05-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Last Post: hutty
  [SUGGESTION] Bots got no legs The mysterious Mr. 4m 10 9,534 09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Automated performance testing on different platforms GreEn`mArine 2 3,568 04-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Tei