Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Impulse Bindings

Right now, there are several weapons that double up on impulse bindings without allowing the user to separate them or set priority. The most annoying one to me is the MineLayer/Mortar binding on 4. If I have the Minelayer(read, every warmup round) it becomes impossible for me to combo with the nex. Why is this? That I know of, there is no "specific" weapon command, and if there is, it's obviously obscure, this should be an option in the key mapping dialog in game, not a custom binding command. They just keep piling up on other keys. Let's just say I had a frustrating warmup round trying to dump both the minelayer and the sniper rifle just so I could have a normal battle, and dying while I was dumping them. It was unplayable. If I seem like I'm complaining, I am. Big Grin Not because I want to troll, but because I want to enjoy this game when it's finished. It's constructive criticism. At least, it should be.......

I have a similar problem with the laser and the useless tuba. You can try changing the keybind to a better impulse.

Currently
Code:
bind "1 impulse 1" // change to either laser or tuba

New
Code:
bind "1 impulse 230" // pick the laser

Below is a list of impulses originally from Nexuiz OUNS.
Note the impulse numbers could easily change as Xonotic is still in development. Some of the weapon names have changed and will continue to evolve.

Impulse weapon
230 Laser
231 Shotgun
232 Machine Gun
233 Mortar
234 Mine Layer
235 Electro
236 Crylink
237 Nex
238 Hagar
239 Rocket Launcher
240 Port-O-Launch
241 MinstaNex
242 Grappling Hook
243 Heavy Laser Assault Cannon
244 @#!%'n Tuba
245 Sniper Rifle
246 Fireball
247 T.A.G. Seeker
248 - 253 Reserved for future weapons

This method is not really supported, and the impulse numbers may be subject to future changes.

Better idea: use the weapon priority menu to put the gun you want to prefer on a weapon button above the others. For example, if the Mortar is above the Mine Layer, then pressing 4 will always choose the Mortar first (unless you already have the Mortar selected).
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

I tried it, turns out I have to restart the game to make it work. But then I unintentionally switch to the sniper rifle instead of the nex when I press the button twice >_> . So I have the Nex and Sniper Rifle mapped out. Now, if I have both, I can shorten my refire time for "sniper" damage shots Big Grin Well, once it's solidified, I'm gonna set up a full keymap and just practice weapon switching.