Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
physicsFruit VS balanceLeeStricklin

EDIT: Recent game updates have broken the previous files due to changes made to the Crylink and Nex. New files uploaded.

Yet another balance and physics thread, but this time I made it interesting: take my balance file and Fruitiex's physics file and slightly modify the both of them to work with each other. Pretty interesting combo, give it a try. The modified Fruitiex physics blow mine out of the water. Extract the two files into xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir. After that type this into your console before starting a game:

exec balanceAdjustedLeeS.cfg
exec physicsAdjustedFruit.cfg

Give it a try and tell me what you think.

Attached Files
.zip   PhysFruit VS balanceLeeStricklin.zip (Size: 6.51 KB / Downloads: 2)

God damnit!

Can't you just _WORK TOGETHER_ , instead of posting balance topics every day and create 10000 balances that float around so probably every server is using another balance, and release the fucking beta?!
This is really ridiculous now and I guess I'm not the only one who thinks like that.

Jesus christ.. need to be that harsh.

I agree Mirio also just because there has been no major 'issues' (barr the laser, which has now been made a big more stronger), i'm not sure why you created this thread Lee, you could of just put this post under the one you started before. Also the title mislead me, it sounds like your trying to pit the two different one's against each other, why?

On a side note, I too would like to see the beta soon. Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I'm with Mirio on this one.
@Lee: if you want a constructive feedback from the community, don't overestimate its capability to test one new balance everyday.
Fat.bot.Slim

Im totally with Mirio.

Didnt anybody here take that these threads get more and more useless? :/

Even I agree with Mirio, the number of slightly modified balances has become confusing, I only had an issue with the laser's splash force and that was fixed. I feel that with the increased speed on fruitiex's config, I would be satisfied.

(11-12-2010, 07:22 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: I'm with Mirio on this one.
@Lee: if you want a constructive feedback from the community, don't overestimate its capability to test one new balance everyday.

I actually tried to delete the original thread, but it wouldn't let me. The reason I posted this is because I was able to finally grab Fruitiex's physics file (physicsFruit is obsolete, which means they were buried deeper into the game) after sifting through the game. The original file I uploaded was just tweaks (which could potentially become obsolete if Fruitiex changed his file again), these on the other hand are full physics and balance files that could probably be put into the game. Also, Fruitiex and I have different opinions on which direction balancing the game should go and he leans more towards cloning Quake III in my opinion, but he brings in cool features (quite a few of which I used). My direction mostly involved evolving the balance from 2.4.2, but in the end I brought in features Fruitiex introduced, but implemented them differently (cap system keeps things moving and prevents spawn kills, laser has a different value) and scrapped a few others (nex alt fire, lightning, sticky nades), I also don't have "bonus weapons" in my settings.

Lee, we are not talking about the content of your proposal (which is good imo. I do prefer your direction), but its visibility. People are lost if you don't make it simpler.
Fat.bot.Slim

(11-12-2010, 10:44 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: Lee, we are not talking about the content of your proposal (which is good imo. I do prefer your direction), but its visibility. People are lost if you don't make it simpler.

Massive wave o spam that was me putting together physics and balance files and releasing extremely often is probably confusing people. This is the last set I'll upload, so hopefully that reduces the confusion created.

Bumping the thread to remind everybody this is still here. plz give it a try. It's essentially my balance and a slightly older set of Fruitiex's physics put together with some adjustments.

All discussion continues here:
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=970
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."