Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Screwing around with gameplay settings again

I'm very satisfied with my first set of physics and balance files and have no plans to change them significantly. HOWEVER after screwing around with Fruitiex's physics and realizing the potential they had with just minor tweaks (three values changed) I realized that I can get a more perfect gameplay setting using those instead of my physics file. I changed the three values and retro fitted the laser (also making use of the kick ass velocity settings that was added to it) to them and got the most fluid playing bot match I've ever seen. You have to see this in action, it's pretty freakin' cool. In my opinion this is a good direction to go in.

Anyway what you'll need to do (until I can find Fruitiex's physics, must be buried in the default file seeing that physicsFruit is obsolete) is take the included attachment, extract it, and then drop it in xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir. After that start the game, open your console, and type in:

exec balanceLeeStricklin.cfg
exec Adjustments.cfg

EXECUTE THEM IN THAT ORDER! Start a match and tell me what you think.

Attached Files
.zip   Adjustments.cfg.zip (Size: 798 bytes / Downloads: 8)

*Jaw smashes into the floor

That was perfect! Doing some speedruns on dance was insanely fun! Me likey likey!

master[mind Wrote:*Jaw smashes into the floor

it looks like mandible dislocation. Nothing serious, i know how to fix this thing. Contact me if it would happen more often.

Sorry Lee, I couldn't resist...
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Big Grin

All discussion continues here:
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=970
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Module (music) support for Darkplaces (again) [test it] nilyt 8 8,405 04-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Weapon Settings Question? kidx 22 17,961 08-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Map ideas - ancient tombs, buildings and battle settings Hypnotix-2000 2 3,955 04-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Hypnotix-2000
  Video uploading from Xonotic to Youtube works again! CuBe0wL 5 6,768 06-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Strahlemann
  Changes to weapon settings wanted? FruitieX 51 60,042 07-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Flying Steel