Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dusty

Anyone working on a "Remake" of Dusty for Xonotic?

If not, i would like to do it...

Then I suggest remaking one of the symmetrical versions.

(11-14-2010, 07:23 PM)Dokujisan Wrote: Then I suggest remaking one of the symmetrical versions.

I agree, asymmetrical ctf maps rarely work well.
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

I can provide the sources for any of my symmetrical versions if someone wants them (just PM me). I was planning to make a version for xonotic myself in the future, but if someone else wants to do it that works too.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

What's wrong with the asymmetrical Dusty? I thought that map was balanced PERFECTLY...

(11-15-2010, 03:35 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: What's wrong with the asymmetrical Dusty? I thought that map was balanced PERFECTLY...

Apparently I didn't think so Wink
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

Lee, you are nuts if you think original Dusty is balanced perfectly.

Here are some screenshos of what i have done today:

[Image: vNjZsYQ]

[Image: vNjZsYg]

[Image: vNjZsYw]

Wow, looks nice Smile

I think the original dusty was more or less balanced perfectly, as I can't remember the last time I heard someone complain about it being unfair. Having said that, though, I do prefer the symmetrical versions because they're easier to navigate.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(11-16-2010, 01:30 AM)clanclanclan Wrote: I think the original dusty was more or less balanced perfectly, as I can't remember the last time I heard someone complain about it being unfair. Having said that, though, I do prefer the symmetrical versions because they're easier to navigate.

Blue base > Red base ! In any way Tongue

Blue: RL room closer, Crylink + Electro, More health, easier to defend (hard to get out for reds, cause you can not jump high).
Red: Can't see something that is better. Crylink + MG , less health , RL room far away, easy to get out.

Lets see when the first Facing remake comes. ;/

Here is a first alpha to test and watch:
http://ompldr.org/vNjZ1cQ

(11-15-2010, 03:35 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: What's wrong with the asymmetrical Dusty? I thought that map was balanced PERFECTLY...

The original Dusty is the best, thanks Morphed Smile

Nice retexturing! Also you should open a new thread in map release section.

Thats looking really nice Smile

There is one problem with the textures in my opinion. There arent a lot of different textures that can be used official. (They are very nice, but they dont allow a lot of variation :/) In that way a lot of maps look more or less the same, they seem to ahve the same style. (Which doesnt have to be a bad thing Tongue I just noticed so and I thought about having a little variation^^)

Before I create a thread in "Map releases" i would like to know if we stay with the name dusty or not...

Some screenshots

-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-

Here is the current pk3 file
betha2

(11-15-2010, 01:34 PM)ThePWTULN Wrote: asymmetrical ctf maps rarely work well.

But it's great when they do.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

What would be interesting is a CTF like game mode that has only asymetrical maps. Maybe like "street basketball" only uses one basket, the same idea could be applied somehow to CTF, with teams switching between attacker and defender mode very quickly (on the go so to say... if an attacker loses the flag it can be picked up by a defender and brought somewhere for team switch, or maybe just hold for at least 20 seconds to activate the team switch).

Just tried it, Nice job! I especially like how you can laser over the generators and make a quick getaway.

It would be really cool if all the doors opened too. Tongue

VERY GOOD JOB! I ve just played it, its awesome, u made it bigger, and u changed almost everything (new detals, textures, shape, etc). Capture is possible in time 0:08.50 - 0:11.50 for fast players. Im really impressed, can u remake more nexuiz/quake maps into xonotic like this one?

Here is the thread for final version.

Sorry, that you had to wait so long!