Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Communities inside the Commnity

This is my proposal for a good community organisation (my opinion of course):
instead of having sites for each community or clan around the web affiliated to a game community(e.g Xonotic) we could have communities hosted under the main site if possible by the current host of this site.

To be more precise i would be something like this:
the main site: http://www.xonotic.org/
the communities should be created using the country mode: xonotic.org/Country-NAME that holds clan/clans from that respective country, and a small forum - mainly tutorials and clan/clans organization using that countries language, a dedicated topic that has a link to the main xonotic forum where english language is used.
Of course a topic will have to be created to handle the registration procesure, if the proposal will be accepted.

The access to the communities can be achieved by adding a button with a sub-menu containing all the countries that have a clan, along with the ones existing now (the game, media, community, team xonotic, links and forums) or under the Community button that already exists.

Form my point of view the advantages would be:
- one single boy that holds many communities under the same "hood" avoiding the battle for the purchase of domanins
- a good statistic about the spread of the game around the world
- an easy way to set tournaments, no need for sending invitations to different sites, just one mass message to clan leaders of sub forum admins, or both.

This is it for my proposal. What do you all think about it ? Is this thing worth a shoot ?

I like the idea !
Awesome, did Qz show you that ?
Nexuiz : I Reach the top5 of the ladder (even top3 I guess). Top1 French for quite some time (when active) of ladder. Top5 of some tournaments (if I remember well)

Thumbs Up 
I like it too!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Come to IRC and contact -z- . Smile We were discussing something like this.
#xonotic @ QuakeNet

maybe it.xonotic.org and de.xonotic.org look more "professional" than xonotig.org/it

i suggest that there is only one big forum which contains all small subforums.

like mirio said before, they are working on sth like that and i like the idea too, because people who cant speak english get help in their part of the forum.

i think its an easy way to get more people involved into this whole project.

jaykay, who cares if it's MushroomKingdom.xonotic.org or xonotic.org/MushroomKingdom

Bowser will get there anyways.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

we are already working on developing the situation, as soon as we'll decide something we'll update the dev wiki at the "community developement" voice, stay tuned!!!

Ok SinSniper.
So if i got this right the xonotic team already has an idea similar to mine Smile

Creation, yes there is stuff in planning right now similar to what you described.
It's too early to give too many specifics just yet. But I'm continue where I left off back in April with planning Xonotic community development. The main idea is to provide an official community infrastructure (web tools) for the major regions and the countries where there is a language barrier. This would effectively create a language portal for those countries that need it. We would provide that same web infrastructure for custom sub-communities to be created by players. So we hope a lot of the mini-communities that were around in Nexuiz would want to use these community tools in Xonotic.

More info will come soon. I'm still trying to organize my planning notes from before.

Dokujisan: ok, good luck with the planning Smile