Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Func_fog request

I dunno if this section is correct for this kind of request/idea but i want to suggest to the devs to insert a func_fog inside Xonotic.

Nexuiz, and Xonotic i suppose, doesn't support the fog_hull entity ... so why not making a func_fog similar to func_rain and func_snow ???
I mean the effects for the rain and snow work very good … but there are no effects for fog. ( the only one is the fog key )

I think this is a good deal for all the mappers that want to use the “fog of death” inside their maps ... in Nexuiz was not possible because the fog entity was positioned on all the worldspawn ( no brush limitation ).
I try to make a shader for this kind of problem but doesnt work properly and the effect is ridicolous.

I dunno if someone ask this before me …if my topic is useless plz delete him.
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

You can specify a Z coordinate for fog on maps: that way everything below that Z will be fogged. I just don't know how, but SavageX has done it once iirc.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(11-20-2010, 08:05 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: You can specify a Z coordinate for fog on maps: that way everything below that Z will be fogged. I just don't know how, but SavageX has done it once iirc.

It sounds good ... i never listening this option.
Well i'm waiting for the first release with netradiant for testing this new feature

fog volumes ala q3 are just not likely to ever happen according to ppl who know. something in dp's design apparently makes it very hard. height falloff fog however does exist and work. i added description how to use it in the entity inspector not to long ago.

(11-20-2010, 10:23 AM)tZork Wrote: fog volumes ala q3 are just not likely to ever happen according to ppl who know. something in dp's design apparently makes it very hard. height falloff fog however does exist and work. i added description how to use it in the entity inspector not to long ago.

Perfect good news ... thanks Tzork

Oh cool, I wanted fog with height falloff for Positronic. Didn't know it could be done...
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

In my mind, an extra entity for fog would be great.
I'm sure they could be needed in some maps Wink

Debugger: why? we cant do volume fog (fog brushes), so what the point of another entity?

(11-22-2010, 11:26 AM)tZork Wrote: Debugger: why? we cant do volume fog (fog brushes), so what the point of another entity?

Tzork you sad is not possibile to do .... the problem di the Dp ???

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Request for Models Cortez666 6 7,345 07-14-2016, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Cortez666
  Merge request the other way Cortez666 1 2,508 09-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
Photo Texture Request rainerzufalldererste 0 2,957 06-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Last Post: rainerzufalldererste
Question Request textures. I'll make. Ihsan 20 21,702 12-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Last Post: unfa
  a request theShadow 7 6,000 07-05-2010, 09:09 PM