Create an account

Poll: What do you think about a remake of Darkzone CTF for Xonotic?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
OMG I would love to see a Darkzone CTF remake for Xonotic!
22.73%
5 22.73%
Darkzone CTF was okay. If someone improved it, it could be a good map.
18.18%
4 18.18%
I never enjoyed Darkzone CTF. If someone remakes it, I'll look at it.
31.82%
7 31.82%
Darkzone CTF sucks. Don't remake it. Focus on other maps instead.
27.27%
6 27.27%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Request: Can someone remake Darkzone CTF for Xonotic?

I just added DarkzoneCTF to my HOCTF server recently. I haven't played this map in a long time. I always thought it was one of the more interesting maps, but it needed some adjustments. The flag room is a little spammy and the map in general needs to have some areas scaled up (not the whole map, but certain parts definitely are too cramped).

There are a lot of wide-open maps in Nexuiz/Xonotic that are popular, and I enjoy those too, but I think DarkzoneCTF should be in the mix of quality enclosed maps. A fresh remake of DarkzoneCTF for Xonotic would be great.

Anyone else agree?

[Image: ahuv6rd0nf9jiuzvurv5_thumb.jpg][Image: zz9oja1gah6vobdl8x6_thumb.jpg][Image: q8x71hr3a82m3em5xxy_thumb.jpg][Image: 6phltpw44exmd9jtp9w_thumb.jpg]

http://maps.nexuizninjaz.com/Darkzonectf.pk3

some additional informations Dokujisan didnt mention.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Thanks cortez. You're right. I should have added that.

I thought I was the only one who liked that map Big Grin

I want Tripzone! Tongue

:-(

[Image: sad-panda-podiatrist.jpg]

(11-20-2010, 07:41 PM)Mirio Wrote: I want Tripzone! Tongue

+1
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

(11-22-2010, 09:27 AM)Sless Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 07:41 PM)Mirio Wrote: I want Tripzone! Tongue

+1

in our great irc channel it sounds slightly different

<Sless YAY !!!>
<Sless +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1>
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I can't ever remember playing on this one, but the textures on regular darkzone really put me off. If you go ahead and remake it, please consider using a different theme.

(11-22-2010, 09:29 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: in our great irc channel it sounds slightly different

<Sless YAY !!!>
<Sless +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1>

Well cortez - I dont need to troll here as in our channel.

Just wanted to make clear that I'd like to have Tripzone in again.
In any case of emergency, any darkzoneCTF map would do too ;-)
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

(11-22-2010, 09:46 AM)nowego4 Wrote: I can't ever remember playing on this one, but the textures on regular darkzone really put me off. If you go ahead and remake it, please consider using a different theme.

I definitely don't like the textures. It would be a redesign using Xonotic textures.

Ok, it's clear which way the voting is going. The map is not popular enough.

Maybe I'll make this an excuse to take another stab at learning Netradiant. Last time I tried was well over a year ago and it kept crashing and doing all sorts of strange things in Vista, like randomly dropping brushes.

Dokujisan, I think retexturing would do the trick her, at least to have another map to be played on a ctf server Wink
(And retexturing isnt that hard Tongue) The map could use some new things, brushes, what would be necessary for an official map for xonotic but simply retexturing would be enough, imo

I'm interested in trying my hand at it.

Checked out the .map in the pk3 up there and... .___.

So I mapped it out on some graph paper and just finished the basic design in NetRadiant, with rooms/halls more closely aligned to the grid, and hallways a bit wider.

I'll see if I can talk to you when it's functional (but not detailed) to see if you're interested in testing it in game.

HOORAY!!!
My hero!

:-D

(11-23-2010, 08:13 PM)vede Wrote: I'm interested in trying my hand at it.

Checked out the .map in the pk3 up there and... .___.

So I mapped it out on some graph paper and just finished the basic design in NetRadiant, with rooms/halls more closely aligned to the grid, and hallways a bit wider.

I'll see if I can talk to you when it's functional (but not detailed) to see if you're interested in testing it in game.

i recommend to start this map from a new darkzone and dont use my version, since its one of my first maps the brushes doesnt fit and overlap.
My you could start from dibs retextured version http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/da...0f6873693/

I only rearranged the rooms, all besides the flagroom. Thats why the flagroom isnt integrated. its one of the main targets to make this map more playable.

[Image: lnhvoi9cmk3ixcvxvop_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 9toyb2cae05n36cnvio2_thumb.jpg]

A comparison of the same room in both versions right now, in case you're interested. Big Grin

Looks nice, keep it up !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] [QoL] Disable hearing your own SFXs so you can focus more on what matters lerh050 0 630 09-06-2022, 11:18 AM
Last Post: lerh050
  Deathmatch in Darkzone Pallama 5 3,414 02-03-2020, 08:21 PM
Last Post: b2ag
  [BUG] Sniper Rifle Can Shoot Through Walls Space Ace 3 2,811 03-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Last Post: Julius
  [SUGGESTION] ragdoll death animation request Droid 28 33,333 02-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Nahuel
  [SUGGESTION] request - active server list frostwyrm333 3 4,882 02-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Can we get rid of this matter? Smilecythe 40 32,111 11-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  [SUGGESTION] Can we have fireball traps like in quake? Fireball 12 13,951 09-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Last Post: catfish
  [SUGGESTION] A way achievements can be handled (and go social) Minkovsky 7 6,833 08-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Antibody
Smile [SUGGESTION] A practise/chillout/casual server request unfa 34 40,367 03-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  [SUGGESTION] Assault - who wants, and who can map? kojn^ 18 12,980 09-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Last Post: kojn^