Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FL Studio instruments on LMMS and Wine - IT WORKS!

I tried installing FL Studio on Wine. Worked (sorta), but lagged and the included OGG/WAV files were unreadable. I said, screw this. I pulled VST versions of plugins and effects I use the most and removed FL. Then, I installed LMMS and, through Wine, ran the VST's. Works like charm, doesn't lag too much. Only mixer effects don't work (UI... doesn't exist, but it tries).

PROOF:

(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Offtopic: Is that utorrent with wine?
Beside utorrent you have deluge that is pretty much the same as uttorent using a nice GTK interface Smile

(11-21-2010, 07:17 AM)Creation Wrote: Offtopic: Is that utorrent with wine?
Beside utorrent you have deluge that is pretty much the same as uttorent using a nice GTK interface Smile
Even more off topic, you can also use Ktorrent which has a much nicer KDE 3 or 4 interface Tongue

Nice to see LMMS working with Wine.

(11-21-2010, 07:37 AM)Spaceman Wrote:
Even more off topic, you can also use Ktorrent which has a much nicer KDE 3 or 4 interface Tongue

Nice to see LMMS working with Wine.

...but I don't have KDE! (Though I'll be probably switching to Kubuntu when 11.04 comes, since Ubuntu plans to kick the GNOME out and replace it with a netbook/TV/tabletop pc environment.)

Besides, GNU's Not Uniplexed Information and Computing Service Network Object Model Environment is really cool name (as opposed to K Desktop Environment).
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

You can just install and use KTorrent anyways. I use it in a gnome session using XMonad as window manager.. Your package management system should install all dependencies...
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

Nice thing. But what is the point of using LMMS if you have FL Studio? And how can you legally use FL Studio's instruments without having FL Studio?

I'am loooking forward to Unison Studio, a project that wants to learn from LMMS expiriences, and create a much more flexible app for digital music composition for Linux. Check about it here:

https://github.com/pgiblox/unison
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(11-23-2010, 07:39 AM)lda17h Wrote: You can just install and use KTorrent anyways. I use it in a gnome session using XMonad as window manager.. Your package management system should install all dependencies...
KTorrent lacks features apparently Tongue No, but srsly, there is also qBittorrent(Wikipedia) and it seems they have about the same features. Oh, before I forget, can one choose which network interface (eth0/ppp0/tap0/wlan0 and so on) that the application should use, for all traffic?

Its possible in qBittorrent.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fooling around with layering instruments Samual 4 4,283 10-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  To audio people: LMMS, Ardour3 or QTractor? Minkovsky 4 16,471 06-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Last Post: master[mind]