Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of gaming?

Microsoft's Kinect in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWbLOFGSEDo

amazing
Internets. Serious Business.

if this is the future i will stop playing games!
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

LOL fuck motion gaming all about making money and increasing the demographic so every noob from 3 to 93 can feel like a winner ms nintendo and sony all trying to appeal to the people who don't like video games in the first place but see someone dancing and singing in front of their TV in a commercial and say "ooh honey that looks like fun for the whole family I bet even grampa could play"
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

Actually, no. True, its only true use is sports games, but hey - it made them sell better. But I bet you can't run a FPS on that. Not unless you do it like this:

Strap some VR goggles to people, and put computers on their backs. Then, run a FPS engine that puts stuff over the camera image, and does it in VR3D mode. It will make use of extra-sensitive GPS and some algorithms to place ammo around and make other players appear as targets. There will be a single physical "gun" controller per person. If fragged, a person will be out of game until he gets to a respawn point. The engine will grey them out. All of this will be coordinated by a server in a building nearby. To communicate with the server, people will use either wifi (or wimax), or mobile transfer (not recommended for cashy-costy reasons). NOW, wouldn't you like to run Xonotic on that?
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

At least it's not as bad as EyeToy Tongue
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

imagine if some one made a sex game 4 it

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

er

:^

(11-23-2010, 02:06 AM)chooksta Wrote: imagine if some one made a sex game 4 it

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

er

:^

LOL A MMOSPG?

That might even break WOW's addiction record.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

VGS ANYONE?

you have a platform for VGS? Screenshots or it didn't happen.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(11-23-2010, 12:09 AM)Liquid Sin Wrote: LOL fuck motion gaming all about making money and increasing the demographic so every noob from 3 to 93 can feel like a winner ms nintendo and sony all trying to appeal to the people who don't like video games in the first place but see someone dancing and singing in front of their TV in a commercial and say "ooh honey that looks like fun for the whole family I beat even grampa could play"

Aw, thankyouthankyoutahnkyou! You speak so out of my heart! Exclamation
Why are they so needful for money? Are they buying spaceships or other means for surviving Armageddon?
4m038105 - Be the change.

Armageddon won't exist. At least, people won't die. It's the economy that may die. And then, free games will be the only games. But then - how would Gates feel seeing his millions shrinking rapidly?
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Well, it could be giant earthquakes, or nuke-u-lar disasterosophies. Also, space aliens is one option.
4m038105 - Be the change.

Or the economy will just die and people will be having trouble getting on lolcats.

I'd like to try Kinect Four on this thing...
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

IMO this fat kid will have some problems with his arms and need to take some teraphy. Like a muscle spasm, whatever. A4tech and Logitech will bankrupt, cause no one would buy any mouses and keybords...

Can't say I'd really miss Logitech. Their equipment is some of the cheapest made gear I've ever seen, even a $10 keyboard from Walmart is sturdier than the crap they typically make. Hell their G15 keyboard only lasted a year for me and felt like the cheapest thing I've ever typed on.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need recommendatons for best wireless PC gaming mice and keyboards for Linux CyberGhost 5 1,030 01-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Future Assassin - Old Skool Jungle stream end user 11 15,925 12-27-2019, 06:56 PM
Last Post: end user
  What's your rig (gaming machine) like? c00L 8 15,155 10-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Halogene
  The Electronic Gaming Federation - Alpha Sign ups! Rangoons 0 9,374 06-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Rangoons
  Best gaming android device under $200. neXus 9 10,060 07-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer
  The face of PC gaming may change DRASTICALLY in the near future Lee_Stricklin 13 20,526 10-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Friskydingo