Create an account

Poll: netradiant & xonotic in 1 package?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
55.56%
10 55.56%
No
16.67%
3 16.67%
Maybe
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] package netradiant whit xonotic

Currently there is none that releases official builds for netradiant.
It can be a pain to find a package which come from sources outside the (former) nexuiz community. For example I downloaded a package from the tremulous forums but it didn't run.
I also tried to build it myself from to git repository but I ran into a error.

So instead of helping everyone to build it themselves I propose shipping a pre-build netradiant whit the xonotic package.

Maybe not WITH Xonotic, but why not as a separate download?
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(03-25-2010, 03:01 PM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Maybe not WITH Xonotic, but why not as a separate download?

This would be good too, there just needs to be some consistent releases whit builds for different OS's.

I second this. =P It should be more convinient so that it's easier for noobs to get started.

I can't remember where I got the source, but I built my version of NetRadiant on Kubuntu 9.10 KK 64bit and it runs great. If anybody can lead me to the correct way to "package" the compiled program I wouldn't mind submitting it to where ever it can be placed.

You should be able to find builds here: http://dev.alienTRAP.org/wiki/netradiant
No idea if that should be moved over to Xonotic.org .. guess it depends on divVerent and if he wants to keep stuff at AT.org
Real signature is still in production!

(03-26-2010, 03:06 AM)esteel Wrote: You should be able to find builds here: http://dev.alienTRAP.org/wiki/netradiant
No idea if that should be moved over to Xonotic.org .. guess it depends on divVerent and if he wants to keep stuff at AT.org

When you follow the download link it sends you to a page whit the git repository and a link to http://www.icculus.org/netradiant/files/ where you can find windows and OSX builds, but no Linux builds.

It'd be interesting to see a map editor packaged with a game. Perhaps not to the level of Cube and Sauer, but the ability to build and test maps on the fly would be interesting.
That is if I ever get around to learning how to make maps. :P
Parents of young organic life forms are warned that towels can be harmful, if swallowed in large quantities.

Well building on linux is WAAAAAY easier then on windows/mac.. also you should be able to find radiant in most linux distributions! I do not really think there is a need for a binary..

I really think this is not a good idea. If I just want to play the game, why should I have the map editor in the same package?

Would be a good idea. Smile

@ Aleator: You don't have to use it. Not that it's a very huge program in filesize.
Xonotic Assasins!

Quote:<tChr^nsb> home
* pughar gives tChr^nsb a cookie
<Liquid-Sin> no cookies for me?
<pughar> gave the last one to him Smile
<Liquid-Sin> my luck...

(03-28-2010, 07:30 AM)Aleator Wrote: I really think this is not a good idea. If I just want to play the game, why should I have the map editor in the same package?

Its only 14MB so it doesn't matter much.
But it may be in a different package, it just needs to be there Smile

Well, im sorry to be the one to tell you all, but netradiant is already packaged with Nexuiz, so it's pretty much a no-brainer that it will be packaged with Xonotic, did you even look? :p
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

(03-28-2010, 06:54 AM)esteel Wrote: Well building on linux is WAAAAAY easier then on windows/mac.. also you should be able to find radiant in most linux distributions! I do not really think there is a need for a binary..

Netradiant is not in the repository of Ubuntu 9.10. To build it you need to download some dependencies, that may hold some back of building it themselves.

(03-28-2010, 08:35 AM)Rad Ished Wrote: Well, im sorry to be the one to tell you all, but netradiant is already packaged with Nexuiz, so it's pretty much a no-brainer that it will be packaged with Xonotic, did you even look? :p

Not the linux binairy

WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT LINUX!!!111!!121232@#!34
oh...... you guys i guess... ahmmm...
ok, i'll just get my coat...>
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

When currently checking out the Xonotic repo one also gets netradiant.. ofc this does not yet mean it will be included in a binary release but i think it makes sense, given that such a move would not increase the filesize by much..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] i am going to create a deb package for xonotic linux clerickx 4 2,807 01-22-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: AriosJentu
  [SUGGESTION] A game package should contain all needed components kanatov 2 4,321 03-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Last Post: kanatov
  [SUGGESTION] additional feature for NetRadiant - dragging faces Maddin 12 12,811 02-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Last Post: tZork