Create an account

Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, this is going in the right direction. We should work towards something like this.
80.00%
4 80.00%
Naw, this isn't a very good idea. We should work on solving the problems differently.
0%
0 0%
Nope, I like it the way it is.
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Fireball defense suggestion

Greetings,

I am kind of stepping out to suggest this, but I think it might make the game more fast-paced and less annoying in parts. Possibly.

If you watch the trajectory of the fire ball, it bounces before it explodes. This makes sense if it is somehow held together cohesively by a plasma globe or some such idea.

This would mean that if you shot at a fireball with a plasma type gun (Crylink, Electro, etc., maybe even the laser), it would burst immediately.

Right now, if you are shot with a fireball, it is really hard to dodge (maybe just for me, being a newb and all). There isn't a defense against it that I know of. If you shoot at a guy with a hagar when he is firing rockets at you, you can explode the rockets near him. Why not enable this kind of effect with the fireball and plasma/energy weapons?

Bullets and rockets wouldn't affect them, only plasma/energy weapons, for the record.

What do you think?
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

Nice idea IMO. Smile

iirc the fireball can be shot by any gun. also, its a super-gun that will not be available on most maps under normal circumstances, and suer-guns are supposed to be.. well super Tongue note the the current balancing setting for it is proly far to tame (nexuiz legacy).

I ran around with it in Xonotic with the current settings, and it is really powerful. Two hits killed a fresh enemy every time. If they weren't fully loaded on health, one got them.

It is rather balanced with the length of time it takes to load (*before* it shoots as well as after, which is a great idea), and the slowness of the projectile. I also like the progression of the damage, which can be extinguished by picking up a health bubble. Another good idea.

I haven't been able to shoot them though... I will have to try that somehow. Not sure how though. Any ideas on how to test it?
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

g_start_weapon_fireball 1
g_use_ammunition 0

(re)start map, add bots.

personally i dont define a superweapon as something that kill you in two hits.. its kills two or more of you in one Wink

I am wanting to give me all weapons, and a bot (I would go into a duel setup with it) only the flamethrower. So that way I can experiment with how to defend against it. Does that do that?

* chuckles * True. Though if you got multiple people fighting each other, their health isn't going to be stacked, and you can hit 'em all at once with the fireball and get 'em all in one blow. So I guess depending on the circumstances it is a superweapon.

(11-25-2010, 03:13 PM)Sir Emeth Mimetes Wrote: I am wanting to give me all weapons [...]

1. Start a map with one bot
2. Wait until loading finished
3. Enter console and type: "sv_cheats 1" [enter] and "restart" [enter]
4. Wait until loading finished
5. Enter console and type "impulse 99" [enter]
(6. if you want to turn the godmode on type "god" [enter] in the console!)
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Can I make it so that the bot has only the fireball?

When starting a game with the "create" button, go in "Advanced", then "Weapon Arenas", then choose "Fireball".

Okay, I used a fireball arena and impulse 99, and tested out the various weapons on fireball. Wasn't able to test 'em all, but I did find out that in general, bullet and explosive weapons didn't have an effect on the fire balls. HLAC definitely was able to, though. Not sure about the other plasma type weapons.

Anyone with better aim able to try and test this out to verify? Smile

Looking at the code it looks like it should be hittable with anything. perhaps your shooting needs a little help from slowmo? try "slowmo 0.25" for slower down the game to quarter speed Smile the ball itself does have 50 health tough, so the smaller guns needs to hit it more then once.

So even a machine gun could theoretically explode a fire ball before it got to you. If you were skilled enough. Interesting.

Might have to try that sometime. Nice target practice. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Difficulty met during Translation work, and suggestion NaitLee 3 1,400 08-08-2022, 08:03 AM
Last Post: NaitLee
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestion for empty servers fool 4 5,035 06-18-2017, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Vehicle dynamics suggestion-damping factor zwz 6 7,622 07-10-2014, 05:10 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] [SUGGESTION] Please Release Xonotic On Steam Iconoclast 4 5,873 12-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestion: Need tribes like outdoor map; need bot learn to use jetpack or hook zwz 30 35,339 12-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Last Post: tZork
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestion for competitive gameplay 6v6 Electabuzz 2 5,260 11-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Electabuzz
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestion: Abolish Suggestion Box Samual 9 11,365 08-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestion: Depth of field sunnybubblegum 21 20,104 03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  [SUGGESTION] Can we have fireball traps like in quake? Fireball 12 13,953 09-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Last Post: catfish
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestion| more user friendly interface Ros 15 15,891 07-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Rage_ATWM