Create an account

Poll: Nex Limiting Method
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Method 1
0%
0 0%
Method 2
22.22%
2 22.22%
Method 3
11.11%
1 11.11%
None of the methods
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Nex leveling yet not remove its power.

Nex has by tradition been a highly powerful weapon. Lot of different ideas have been put forward for leveling it. Most really are about reducing its power..

Really the simplest I can think of is not reducing its power. But make user pay a price for missing or over using.

There are a few ways of leveling it threw the pay price method. Three of them so far

Method 1) Currently Nex always shots straight. Miss could make it firing line randomize a little like a chain gun of course this effect wears off when not used for a time frame. This could assist people who are poor shots to hit the target they are after but good shots it will make the miss. So forcing good shots to use the weapon carefully to be sure they have a shot before letting fly with the Nex.

Method 2) Current no weapon in game can miss fire or over heat. This would be another creative limit on the Nex constantly using first warnings about over heating is miss firing. Final thing the weapon explodes taking out the user. Really implementation of weapon over heating and time outs on all weapons would force in heavy battles for people to be changing between weapons and having to have more all round skills. No just depending on one weapon to see you threw.

Method 3) There is also no weapon in the game that requires user not to be taking damage to use. Basically give the nex a weapon lock if you have been hit inside X amount of time the weapon is useless. Even worse have it consume ammo without firing. Yes the Nex might enable you to kill someone out right but if they are tapping you with a chain gun so it will not fire you are kinda a sitting duck with it.

All three methods force users of the Nex to be more skilled and having to think about what they are going to be fighting with it.

Really method 3 should be applied to the sniper rifle. Snipers are not ment to be taking hits. If a sniper is taking hits they should be required to swap weapons.

I do think Method 2 would be fun with the Nex. Over use it o boy the handy weapon just killed me.

Lets bring a little bit more field planing to the game.

Nex limiting method proposal: BALANCE THE DAMN THING! Sorry, couldn't resist. One thing that I thought was obvious was to make it a long to extreme range weapon that would be border-line suicide to use at close range do to it's damage capability, animtime, and shot delay combined and just being geared towards a precision weapon. The animation time and the shot delay would have to be subtle though and not ridiculous to the point of being annoying. Maybe someone should snoop through my balance file and get some ideas from that. A few other factors to take into consideration when balancing is how easy is health and armor to get, can you frag someone inside of two hits with it at respawn, etc. The nex in my two balance/physics (balanceLeeStricklin/physicsLeeStricklin and balanceAdjustedLeeS/physicsAdjustedFruit) sets work pretty well in my opinion.

I like the second and third ideas most. Creative balance. Smile
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

But it is already quite well balanced with the charge.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

(11-27-2010, 05:56 AM)FruitieX Wrote: But it is already quite well balanced with the charge.

That's my opinion, too! I Like the current thing Wink
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I like the current version too, but I am not averse to changing it a bit so that more people like it. * shrugs *
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

(11-27-2010, 06:31 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote:
(11-27-2010, 05:56 AM)FruitieX Wrote: But it is already quite well balanced with the charge.

That's my opinion, too! I Like the current thing Wink

+1 for this.

IMO the two main problems with the nex are force and the fact that animtime does not stop campers from camping, but does stop legitimate users from using the weapon properly. Charging fixes (or at least, partially fixes) both of these issues.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

Agreed, it is already quite well balanced now..No need to change it massively because the majority now seem happy with this for now. No need to change stuff unless there is evidently a huge problem.

Just so people know, rocket launcher is ranking above the nexgun so far from stats frutiex has collected on the server.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Some of this was to start to think how the weapons are intended to be used.

Issue I have even with fire rate controls I have still used sniper rifles and nex as close range solutions.

For sure sniper rifles are not intended to be used this way slow rate of fire does not matter as long your single shot kills them before there many shots kill you. So yes I am one of the guilty ones for not changing between weapons when I should have to.

As stated the current controls allows you to sort between precision weapon and non precision weapons. Not range of use or provide major downsides for using in the wrong way. So really does not force a person to use a broad range of weapons to get the job done.

For a sniper intended weapon getting hit should jam it at worst basically be stuck unarmed if you are foolish enough to get hit while using it.

Rocket launchers are another one that people have the habit of stick on as there only weapon. Basically I am trying to think to broader controls to truly spit the weapons up into usage groups.

Rockets could be a fun one come under fire while firing opps the rocket you were firing explodes on you.

Basically heavy hitting weapons made more avoid being fired at to use. So avoiding people using them scatter shot hoping they hit something.

I am mostly after more interesting battles and less playing to the crowd that fire stuff around randomly and hopes they get lucky.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Power-ups like in Quake/Nexuiz Classic DrAndi 2 2,662 02-06-2022, 01:35 AM
Last Post: z411
  [SUGGESTION] Remove 4 player duel Antares* 1 2,698 06-30-2017, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Yet another physics and balance revamp Lee_Stricklin 3 3,813 04-28-2016, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
Sad [SUGGESTION] There should be more improvement (should be added yet) Eonman 5 4,882 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] Overkill mod: Nex balance issues unfa 12 12,404 06-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Last Post: tZork
  [SUGGESTION] Remove Player names for enemies bw[nk] 13 14,769 06-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Alt fire mode for Nex instead of scope? Smilecythe 28 31,404 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  [SUGGESTION] Document or remove strafe jumping lamefun 3 4,780 02-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Remove the PHP tag Spaceman 7 8,978 08-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Photo [SUGGESTION] Making the Nex more beam-like w/ video W4RP1G 29 28,079 05-14-2012, 02:49 AM