Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] A codex that provides info on gametypes, backstory, etc.

This was mostly Will's idea that got buried in another thread I started. Basically, there should be a codex that's accessible through the main menu that can be used to describe the weapons, the gametypes, setting, maybe some backstory, etc.

This would be cool. For the weapons, various statistics could be displayed, like the stuff in Morfar's weapon comparison table somewhere here (I don't remember where it is exactly).

Yes, this is a good idea. Although, this information should appear at first in the wiki.

I dunno if a wiki will be as convenient. I made a script to autograb variables from a .cfg file, so I don't think people need to get involved in this (the script can handle it).

Everything in the menu has tooltips that help describe tooltips or settings, etc. These are little boxes with text that show up when you put your mouse over the setting slider or gametype button. imo these suffice, but they may not for others.

(03-27-2010, 11:52 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: Everything in the menu has tooltips that help describe tooltips or settings, etc. These are little boxes with text that show up when you put your mouse over the setting slider or gametype button. imo these suffice, but they may not for others.

The idea of a codex was to make the story accessible to people in game. If you got bored (hopefully that won't happen) or you are quite the sci-fi geek, then you might want to enjoy reading the codex. It'd also be a way to put in backstory and other details that may not be apparent in the main game. Think Mass Effect.

I also completely agree that content for this should be formed in a wiki, then edited before inclusion. Perhaps a vote to what becomes real Xonotic story before inclusion in the game should also be held.
Parents of young organic life forms are warned that towels can be harmful, if swallowed in large quantities.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Make game knowledge/info more obvious - i.e. tips Archer 7 10,772 01-21-2015, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] In game server info window end user 3 5,245 06-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Thumbs Up [SUGGESTION] Hoverboards etc poVoq 45 32,351 07-24-2012, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  [SUGGESTION] Official builds for FreeBSD and/or OpenSolaris etc. Exitium 17 19,485 06-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Exitium
  [SUGGESTION] Unified icon system to give info about players unfa 18 22,251 11-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Rust Heart
  [SUGGESTION] buddy search function, average statistics, etc Rage_ATWM 9 10,793 07-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Cortez666