Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oppositectf

I starting mapping since last month, and I think this is the best map I made:
shinkirou.org/public/downloads/nexuiz/oppositectf.pk3
It is a Nexuiz map, and when I opened it on Xonotic, all textures are black blocks.
Here are my questions:
1. What textures should I replace with to match Xonotic's art style?
2. How to prevent laser-jumping up to the walls without modifying the map's geometry?
3. Any good texture search-replace method?
4. Any good description of the Race mode from mappers, if there is?
5. A better name than oppositectf?

(12-13-2010, 12:06 AM)SHiNKiROU Wrote: Here are my questions:
1. What textures should I replace with to match Xonotic's art style?
for a custom map it doesnt matter. Nearly all textures which are available fit for Xonotic

(12-13-2010, 12:06 AM)SHiNKiROU Wrote: 2. How to prevent laser-jumping up to the walls without modifying the map's geometry?
I assume you dont want the people to jump over the walls. you can avoid with a player clip at the top of the walls. look at farewell for example.

(12-13-2010, 12:06 AM)SHiNKiROU Wrote: 3. Any good texture search-replace method?
for custom textures? or just through the textures which come with nexuiz/xonotic?

(12-13-2010, 12:06 AM)SHiNKiROU Wrote: 4. Any good description of the Race mode from mappers, if there is?
no there is none. The best thing is just look at race maps and see how they done it.

(12-13-2010, 12:06 AM)SHiNKiROU Wrote: 5. A better name than oppositectf?
You are the mapper! im sure will find something different and if you lack of inspiration take a look at other games.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s