Create an account

Poll: new species?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
66.67%
2 66.67%
no
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
retarted eel.

ok, i wana know if ive descuvered a new species.

me and a mate were walking threw a drain, it was a tunnel and we were about 2-3km in. we were getting closer to the beach where we beleive the drain ends but we were forced to stop exploring because the water level had covered the drain ffrom one wall the the other forcing us to stop.

when we got the the furthest part of the drain we could, we saw these eels in the water. these eels were compleatly white and i have never seen an eel that was white before and that maby they had evolved to live in the pitch black darkness.

please help me find out what type of eels these were or tell me if i found a new species!

cheers, this may sounds kinda dumb but im interested but cant seam to find any help on the internet. also im in n.s.w australia just so we dont start saying they were mexican eels. Big Grin

ty <3
[Image: vNzdsZw]

Unless it is actually dangerous to walk in that drain (what, according to the applicable cliché, most probably wouldn't keep any Australian from doing it anyway) I'd suggest you go back in and take a picture of the eel.

Geez, you live in the continent with the highest density of deadly poisonous creatures, and you go explore some weird drain in pitch dark? o.O
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Mexican eels FTW!

Jokes aside; complete lack of sunlight will result in lack of pigmentation in many species. An earlier generation of those eels may have swam in there during high-tide and gotten isolated as the tide went down. i don't want to get Your hopes up, but environmental isolation can lead to new species, too, so, saddle up your bikesheds and gallop to your local eeler-dealer (or marine biologist, ideally) and present them with your find. i'm sure they have an open ear.

Oh, and keep us updated about this exciting adventure!

(12-13-2010, 10:55 AM)Halogene Wrote: Geez, you live in the continent with the highest density of deadly poisonous creatures, and you go explore some weird drain in pitch dark? o.O
You would, too! Big Grin
4m038105 - Be the change.

(12-13-2010, 11:10 AM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote:
(12-13-2010, 10:55 AM)Halogene Wrote: Geez, you live in the continent with the highest density of deadly poisonous creatures, and you go explore some weird drain in pitch dark? o.O
You would, too! Big Grin
Yes, but I am crazy and don't measure other people at my standards. :oP

Nice signature.

Wait, what?
My Xonstats Profile

we had a touch so we could see. it was a preaty amazing exploration though with many things on the way.

about half an hour into the trip we found a tree still with leaves on it wedged onto a pipe trapping it.

and there were about 500 cockroaches on the pipe making it a scary pipe to crawl under.

also there wouldnt have been any poisenes thins in that drain other then red-back spiders. there wouldnt be any snakes in there.

... Wrote:we had a touch so we could see.

Ewwww.

... Wrote:also there wouldnt have been any poisenes thins in that drain other then red-back spiders.

Hehe, sort of like that itsy-bitsy spider rhyme but with retarded eels. This could make a good movie Big Grin

"Retarded Eeels in teh Tubes Pipes"
Coming this summer to a pitch black storm water drain near you.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(12-13-2010, 11:10 AM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote: Mexican eels FTW!

Jokes aside; complete lack of sunlight will result in lack of pigmentation in many species. An earlier generation of those eels may have swam in there during high-tide and gotten isolated as the tide went down. i don't want to get Your hopes up, but environmental isolation can lead to new species, too, so, saddle up your bikesheds and gallop to your local eeler-dealer (or marine biologist, ideally) and present them with your find. i'm sure they have an open ear.

You would, too! Big Grin

I think people are far more dangerous than snakes and spiders. I haven't had much difficulty taking down a black widow, brown recluse, or a dime a dozen copperheads (truly annoying, because they ALWAYS try to attack you) when I've gone camping. I have however on many occasions have had to run from somebody out to beat the hell out of me and have almost always walked away about as messed up as my attacker in a fist fight though.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(12-14-2010, 08:04 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:
(12-13-2010, 11:10 AM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote: Mexican eels FTW!

You would, too! Big Grin

I think people are far more dangerous than snakes and spiders. I haven't had much difficulty taking down a black widow, brown recluse, or a dime a dozen copperheads (truly annoying, because they ALWAYS try to attack you) when I've gone camping. I have however on many occasions have had to run from somebody out to beat the hell out of me and have almost always walked away about as messed up as my attacker in a fist fight though.

omg people attack you!!!

(12-14-2010, 08:04 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: I think people are far more dangerous than snakes and spiders. I haven't had much difficulty taking down a black widow, brown recluse, or a dime a dozen copperheads (truly annoying, because they ALWAYS try to attack you) when I've gone camping. I have however on many occasions have had to run from somebody out to beat the hell out of me and have almost always walked away about as messed up as my attacker in a fist fight though.

Generally I'd agree but I figured you'd rather encounter poisonous animals way down in a pitch black drain than people challenging you for a fist fight. But this story is set in Australia, so obviously my assumptions may be wrong.

People attack you upon sight? o_O OMG where do you LIVE? I feel sorry for you. Sad
My Xonstats Profile

there were not many bugs o anything in these drains. only things we saw were: cockroaches, spiders and the retarted white eel, and a tree (if that counts)

(12-15-2010, 06:14 AM)... Wrote: there were not many bugs o anything in these drains. only things we saw were: cockroaches, spiders and the retarted white eel, and a tree (if that counts)

poisonous tree? Tongue
somewhere

(12-15-2010, 05:44 AM)Halogene Wrote:
(12-14-2010, 08:04 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: I think people are far more dangerous than snakes and spiders. I haven't had much difficulty taking down a black widow, brown recluse, or a dime a dozen copperheads (truly annoying, because they ALWAYS try to attack you) when I've gone camping. I have however on many occasions have had to run from somebody out to beat the hell out of me and have almost always walked away about as messed up as my attacker in a fist fight though.

Generally I'd agree but I figured you'd rather encounter poisonous animals way down in a pitch black drain than people challenging you for a fist fight. But this story is set in Australia, so obviously my assumptions may be wrong.

People attack you upon sight? o_O OMG where do you LIVE? I feel sorry for you. Sad

lol attack on site, well back in the day kids used to think I was an easy target (they quickly found out I wasn't Tongue) and thought I was a weird individual as well. They tried to pick fights with me, but often times they'd find out that a skinny creepy little anti-social gamer on RITALIN can have a higher pain tolerance than them and a scary sense of violence. That was like twelve years ago though. I've had a handful of fights since then, but nothing major.

Oh wait.

(12-15-2010, 06:26 AM)monad Wrote:
(12-15-2010, 06:14 AM)... Wrote: there were not many bugs o anything in these drains. only things we saw were: cockroaches, spiders and the retarted white eel, and a tree (if that counts)

poisonous tree? Tongue

lol, im not too sure about that but it could be due to itbeing in the water for so long with many cockoaches on it.
I beleive the tree got down there because of a massive 1 in 100 yr flood+storm we had here just weeks before out exploation.

No bugs or anything in there, but you found spiders and roaches lol

Oh wait.

(12-15-2010, 07:10 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: No bugs or anything in there, but you found spiders and roaches lol

im just saying that they were the only bugs that we found

it was scary though when we just started to make our way back, it started to rain which was not good cause if it did poor down then we could have been swept down the drain and got all wet and proberly other stuff too.

You know, ..., there's a spell-check feature in most new browsers. You might want to turn it on.
As for the exploration thing, well, I like urban exploration, and you get lots of places you can go to in the mining regions. But the white eels? I don't think they're retarded. After all, a new species called "retarded white eel" would be a perfect racist insult. Imagine a situation of a bully (black) bullying a kid in middle school.
Bully: You, retarded white eel!
Kid Being Bullied: Miss Someone!
Bully, to the teacher: I was just discussing Biology with Matt here. Problem, Miss?

Now I know this might sound little crazy, but think about it: Eels, as fish, are generally ugly, unless in a form of wallets. Retarded white eels would make a great piece of weaponry in the hands of black racists (don't pretend there aren't any). So if it is, in fact, a new species, you might want to call it differently.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

lol retarded white eel. btw, how are eels uglier than other types of animals? Personally I think some types, such as the one in this pic would look neat in my aquarium.

[Image: peacockeel.th.jpg]

Oh wait.

(12-16-2010, 06:39 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: lol retarded white eel. btw, how are eels uglier than other types of animals? Personally I think some types, such as the one in this pic would look neat in my aquarium.

[Image: peacockeel.th.jpg]

well most eels look very ugly and are more common then the one you posted, such as the electric eel which is very ugly:
[Image: electriceel.jpg]

and Minkovsky: eels dont talk so they cant be rasist Tongue

I skim read "because they ALWAYS try to attack you) when I've gone camping" and thought that the thread turned into a balance thread Tongue

Anyway, I agree that eels aren't the prettiest of fish Tongue
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Those aren't a whole lot uglier than the Violet Goby (aka Dragon Fish) which are kinda popular (not to mention pretty cool) as pets here.

[Image: dragonhw.jpg]

Oh wait.

(12-19-2010, 09:20 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Those aren't a whole lot uglier than the Violet Goby (aka Dragon Fish) which are kinda popular (not to mention pretty cool) as pets here.

[Image: dragonhw.jpg]

yer that eel looks nice, ive never hear of eels as pets before but i wouldnt mind that thing in my tank. but MOST eels are very ugly.