Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Netradiant on Windows 7?

Is this possible? I'd like it to be. I mean, I do run linux but for the most part I'm on Windows because of school. It'd just be convenient to not have to switch hard drives just to make a map.

Dual boot? Smile

What about VirtualBox or VMware solutions? I think VMware already supports having OpenGL for your virtual guests too. You could also try plain dual-boot as well.
Üdvözlettel / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards:
Norbert

[Image: 34581.png]
[Image: 14909.jpg]

NetRadiant does run on vista for sure.. so why should it not on windows 7? Can't you just TRY IT instead of spamming around here? Bet the download would finish faster then asking here Tongue
Real signature is still in production!

I did try it. It didn't work at first and that's why I asked. Just because I have a high post count doesn't mean that I spam.

Anyway, the problem is solved. I got some help from fabzor and it turns out that I'm just a noob when it comes to netradiant on a windows machine.

please post the solution so other windows 7 users know what to do

yes it works. im on windows 7 now in netraident
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

(03-26-2010, 07:26 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: please post the solution so other windows 7 users know what to do

There was really no special solution. The picture wasn't working correctly so I turned off aero theme and expanded the boxes and that stopped the flickering. And then I made the noob mistake of forgetting to point the path to the game folder.

NetRadiant works in Windows 7.
BUT I hate that it disables the aero theme for me. I almost don't want to map because of that :O

Quote:Anyway, the problem is solved. I got some help from fabzor and it turns out that I'm just a noob when it comes to netradiant on a windows machine.

heh sorry if i sound arrogant...

okay when you start up netradiant, the first thing it ask you is what game you want to edit, so select Nexuiz, then continue.

after you select the game, netraiant now needs to know where the games located on the hard disc so choose some thing like C:\Nexuiz or d:\games\Nexuiz (wherever you have istalled the game to)

and now radiant starts up

BUT WAIT THERES MORE FOLKS!

when it starts up you probably wont have any textures or at most no shaders, you you get a red line in the console complaining about shadertags.xml not found!

this is because we have specified the game and the path, but we have NOT YET TOLD IT where the shaders are, and we havnt not told it to make a shader index file yet.

to do this after you load it go plugins>shaderplug>create tag file

and itll tall you to restart radiant now so do that...

and thats all your good to go now!

Lol, you don't sound arrogant fabzor. I just meant that I really was being a noob. =P

No problems with Netradiant in Win 7 either, just downloaded and it worked here. Tongue
Xonotic Assasins!

Quote:<tChr^nsb> home
* pughar gives tChr^nsb a cookie
<Liquid-Sin> no cookies for me?
<pughar> gave the last one to him Smile
<Liquid-Sin> my luck...

ahh cool nps

If this thread isn't dead yet, I have Win7 and can confirm NetRadiant works without any issue. Only that it disables the Aero style while it runs, otherwise it's all good Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow NetRadiant-custom Garux 25 12,268 03-06-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: anoob
  Updated Xonotic gamepacks for NetRadiant and NetRadiant-custom SpiKe 2 1,809 06-25-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: anoob
  [NEED HELP] No Spawn Point In NetRadiant Map daspeller 0 22,154 10-19-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: daspeller
Information Updated NetRadiant builds illwieckz 7 7,815 06-29-2022, 02:33 AM
Last Post: illwieckz
  Can't get netradiant to work with Xonotic NoClue 2 2,393 06-14-2022, 01:25 PM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Custom NetRadiant Textures / Textures Not Loading 3agle427 3 3,949 09-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: HIBANEZ
  Netradiant brush outline in 2D view grid mode Nyx 2 1,595 08-05-2021, 12:27 AM
Last Post: Nyx
  NetRadiant for Xonotic? Betaversion 3 2,377 12-22-2020, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Betaversion
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,281 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Window 3agle427 4 3,218 01-11-2019, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Julius