Create an account

Poll: Wiki?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don't want a wiki.
0%
0 0%
I want a wiki, will NOT contribute.
10.00%
2 10.00%
I want a wiki, will contribute in time.
55.00%
11 55.00%
I want a wiki, "now". Eager to work for the betterment of the Xonotic community.
35.00%
7 35.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[SUGGESTION] Wiki, "noaw", please. Cheers :3

Herro dearies!

I just wanted to ask if the creation of a wiki for Xonotic has a priority?

I can only speak for myself, being but a piece of bent metal, I will however do my very best to transfer useful information and of historical value from the old forums. Also start pages that will ease keeping track on the new stuff! (Well at least what is possible)

I realize of course, that most of you are busy with "that voodoo you do so well"*. There are lot of people like me, lacking other skills than being a fine target, to put some documentation together. :)

* = First one to guess (NO search engines allowed! :@) movie reference, please, pick up a free internets at the closest search engine!

I'm pretty sure that one is already in the works. Don't quote me on that, though.

There ARE plans for a public wiki: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...iki#pid346
Real signature is still in production!

A public wiki is in the works.
It is a high priority, but our lead web developer (-z-) is on vacation this week.

When it's created, we'll definitely be encouraging people to help maintain it.

Oh, thats excellent!

I hope -z- have a nice vacation, in case he lose some weight, I put a tray of cookies *right here* to even things up! ;)

We need that wiki bad. I think it will fill up really quickly. Also, there should be some moderators for the wiki. Some people that have written wikis before.

Step 1 : Create the wiki
Step 2 : Plan out the wiki structure with some beginning content
Step 3: Establish guidelines for filling up the wiki
Step 4 : Allow contributors to access the wiki and start filling it up

We're not going to create a blank wiki for the community to fill up. That would get messy very quickly. Rather, we'll plan it out the structure of it first so it starts with being somewhat organized.

Good plan.

YES!!!!!
It was difficult to find any info on obscure features / settings with Nexuiz

I Heart WIki Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Please update the menu UI. liquidjerome 5 4,333 04-27-2017, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  [SUGGESTION] [SUGGESTION] Please Release Xonotic On Steam Iconoclast 4 5,909 12-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Please release Xonotic on GOG FutureSuture 3 5,047 08-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Foliage Please PineTrees 35 34,797 06-13-2011, 06:29 AM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
Rainbow [SUGGESTION] No more forks! Mods please! unfa 13 13,624 05-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Morphed
  [SUGGESTION] Easy fullscreen toggle, please! unfa 3 4,257 05-05-2010, 05:44 AM
Last Post: bones_was_here