Xonotic 0.1 Preview Released

whats going on?...

OHHHHHHHHHHH

oh and i capped on a server tonight , 400+ ping , somewhere

f,,k me minsta and hook is quick!

oh my

t

:^

oh and ty devs , now go has sum rest before peeps go all like " HEY WHERES THE RL FLYING SHITZ?"
,shitz
f,,kin drop it imo , sheesh :p

t-mass ftw

:^

Haha, just in time for Christmas Tongue
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Wee!! Thanks everyone! Big Grin Spreading the good news among my folks Smile And loading it down Wink
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Some DM gameplay (1 match)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaNtj7Kom-A

9:02 is my fav scene of that vid Big Grin

Congrats are in order. Thanks for the early Christmas present Xonotic people. Smile
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

Its been a surprisingly long road for what seemed an fairly straight forward task. As for now - I think mand1nga said it the best; putting the X in xmas Smile im pleased this project has finally come to a release. I do hope to see more actually playing the game now too Wink

huzzah!

Here's to a successful alpha run.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

(12-24-2010, 02:50 PM)Mirio Wrote: Some DM gameplay (1 match)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaNtj7Kom-A

you still got your oversized green crosshair Sad
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

\o/
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Congratulations, team =)

LET TEH EPIC BEGUNCE NOOOOOO!
Happy Christmas all you epic-makers, thanks for the awesome present!
By far the best I could wish for, ok now some more silly.
WOOOOO AHrrrrrrrrrrrr, weeeeeeeeeee:
lala
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Eh eh eh... Gotta post this even though it's a bit offtopic...

A few days ago I noticed that Warsow 0.6 was released and I thought that it was an amazing Christmas present. After that Xonotic 0.1 was released and I flipped even more. And today I officially got a girlfriend.

Seems to be a good Christmas. Smile

(12-25-2010, 06:52 PM)Exitium Wrote: Eh eh eh... Gotta post this even though it's a bit offtopic...

A few days ago I noticed that Warsow 0.6 was released and I thought that it was an amazing Christmas present. After that Xonotic 0.1 was released and I flipped even more. And today I officially got a girlfriend.

Seems to be a good Christmas. Smile

Weird... my christmas has been very similar except instead of Warsow I got a shiny new 22" monitor.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

Awesome work guys!

Merry Xmas everyone ^_^

I'm glad we could finally get an alpha out, because now we can actually get some good feedback on things which need to be done in the future by the audience we want to attract.

So far the most common message i've heard is: More more MORE! (maps ^_^)

Another thing i'm looking forward to is seeing old faces, which I certainly have recently. It seems like some of the older players have been re-inspired to play Xonotic, to paraphrase one of them: "I didn't enjoy playing Nexuiz anymore so I just stopped playing. - But i'm sure enjoying Xonotic!" (Etoile)

Unrelated note: Warsow sucks.

So far so good, but I still have a problem with the physics/weapons which are holding the game back in my opinion and turning it into more of a Quake clone. I also noticed that not a whole lot of servers are pure servers, which is alarming given how new this game/release is. btw, I'll be grabbing as much feedback as I can from various forums I frequent and reposting it here.

[Image: 24ewcpriy9wu825zhc_thumb.jpg]

(12-25-2010, 07:43 PM)Samual Wrote: Unrelated note: Warsow sucks.

True that.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Yes Samual, more maps indeed..and prerferbly some more bigger DM maps to support over 8+ players, one of the my old clanmate's said it felt spammy (played stormkeep), then I showed him 1on1 and he said it was fine so some bigger and more maps would be nice in the future Smile

@Lee, yes some people already mentioned a dislike of this, but they have tried it for maybe 20 minutes, how good would you expect to be if you entered a new game and played for 20 minutes (I know YOU have played more). At the end of the day some change has to be force or no one will learn new stuff anyway, most of the feedback I have seen or asked to be given has been very very good and people are loving how it is not a nex/mortar dominated game and that every weapon can beat another, not everyone can be pleased and the game still ships with the nexuiz configs anyway and let's not forget that it's only been out for 2 days.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(12-25-2010, 11:16 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: So far so good, but I still have a problem with the physics/weapons which are holding the game back in my opinion and turning it into more of a Quake clone. I also noticed that not a whole lot of servers are pure servers, which is alarming given how new this game/release is. btw, I'll be grabbing as much feedback as I can from various forums I frequent and reposting it here.

alright let's use lee's physics and weapons they will fix everything in the world

:p

edit: omg see below, monad's law

On a more serious note, we need a central map repository that's easy for server admins to keep their servers up to date with (automatically, thankyou). The autobuild system with GIT isn't such a great place to curl your maps from, since they disappear after a while... Oh also let's not forget that many servers are impure for some cvar that BARELY changes gameplay, on my server that's usually g_maxplayers (used by votable tourney modes) or g_powerup_strength 0 (used by votable duel mode). Connect to said server and type "cmd cvar_purechanges" to see for yourself.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Here we need a thread split.
For the balance thread discussion, please go on at:
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1378
Fat.bot.Slim

(12-26-2010, 08:16 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote:
(12-26-2010, 07:29 AM)kojn^ Wrote: people are loving ... that every weapon can beat another
If "technical" weapons (e.g. nex) are not more rewarded than "easy" weapons (e.g. crylink, MG), then you will sentence to death all technical weapons.
What do you mean by "technical" weapons? Isn't the point of a weapon balance that every weapon has it's good use and can beat another weapon when used correctly/in the correct situation (but also has several wrong uses, so no weapon is a universal super-weapon that's good everywhere)?

Hmmm all server admins should take a minute to check exactly WHY their servers are impure, I see several of the [us-dev] servers are impure only due to a change in the g_xonoticversion cvar.

One other thing to note is that if I'm correct, weapon stats were collected to double check the balance. Problem with that is, what kind of maps primarily make up Xonotic now and which ones will eventually end up on the servers? If say the nex is getting an equal amount of kills in the mostly closed-in maps that make up Xonotic now, imagine all the rage that's going to happen when we get some Tribe-style action going on.

lol monad's law proven
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Just enjoy the game come on, I was just stating that some people will always complain but feedback has been very good, this is the release thread don't start turning it into a stupid balance thread, i'm sick and tired of this shit seriousl, just go enjoy the game and learn it and play instead of whittling on about this balance nonsense it's a very good game at the moment just give it a rest.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

yay i just had some time to try it.
yay it's really cool
yay freeztag rocks
yay rest of the game rocks too
generally, yay!!
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Xonotic 0.8.2 released! Antibody 35 47,367 04-14-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Th3 TqMaZ45
  XonStat data snapshot released Antibody 10 14,352 01-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Xonotic 0.8.1 Released! Antibody 36 38,261 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Last Post: [*Mr.Chri$*]
  Xonotic 0.8 Released! Antibody 77 94,173 02-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Last Post: nowego4
  Xonotic 0.7 Released! Antibody 92 167,914 12-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Last Post: sol-invictus
  ZeroQL has released his fragmovie! CuBe0wL 0 6,189 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Xonotic 0.5 Released mand1nga 101 127,652 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: dli
  Automatic Update Script for Autobuilds Released Antibody 1 10,331 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unfa