Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
LinNex problem/question

Hi, I'm zombie mcclure. You may remember me from such catchphrases as "pwnt", "[mnt", and "i suck". I've not been active on the siznervers lately for a variety of reasons, but the most recent and hardest to overcome is the fact that nexuiz will no longer run on my computer! The horror! Here's the deal: since I last fragged, I have migrated from current ubuntu to current mint. That was months ago. A few weeks ago, I tried to run nex, and it didn't work at all. I flailed about in frustration, downloading, installing, synaptic-ing, compiling... each of those things twice probably. Needless to say... I got nowhere. In fact I suspect that my system is a total mess now, though the symptoms have not changed a bit: Nex won't go.

Have I broken a rule about building programs from source (ie, don't do it)? Do I have to delete my /home partition, re-install / and start from scratch? Will them ol' Duke boys ever get out of this one? Kind regards,

-zombie
[wnt!

First try running the game from a terminal. See what error messages come back and post them here.

Quite possibly some kind of library mismatch exists if you have previously built from source as Mint may well have a different library version than Ubuntu. Rebuilding Nexuiz under Mint may fix this.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Yeah M said you FUBAR'd your comp Zombie, re-install and get back on Nexuiz you are missed! Big Grin
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

WTF guise..... delete nexuiz and install xonotic! Keep your old .pk3's tho cuz it has little content. Doku is working on getting a server going, and I hope to have a few running by Wednesday. Also Xonotic outperformed Nexuiz in fps, meaning even with higher quality textures I got a performance boost!
[+] MaKR [smooth+o]

Thanks for the replies. I have run it in terminal, but I've been away from home for a week or so now, and can't remember the output. Back home in a couple of days will post results.
Makr, I also did try to install xonotic... same lack of joy :-(
I guess if worse comes to worst, I could always run it on my Win7 partition... Tongue
[wnt!

Ok, so here is the tail end of terminal output when attempting to execute "nexuiz":

Code:
Initializing Video Mode: fullscreen 1400x860x32x60hz
Linked against SDL version 1.2.13
Using SDL library version 1.2.14
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  130 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  10 (XF86VidModeSwitchToMode)
  Value in failed request:  0x138
  Serial number of failed request:  127
  Current serial number in output stream:  129
[wnt!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Las Vegas question kojn^ 5 6,365 04-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Irritant
  Team Speak 3 Theme Question? kidx 14 17,561 11-29-2012, 04:25 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer
  MAJOR PROBLEM!! neXus 41 29,837 06-28-2012, 03:00 AM
Last Post: neXus