Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Xonotic tips and tricks

Now Xonotic 0.1 has been released, how about having a topic to share little tips and tricks?
It might help everyone to get used to the new gameplay and maps a little bit faster.

I'll start:
Tip 1:
HLAC secondary can be used to jump very high and far when used into a corner or with a ledge.

Very nice, need to learn these things I do, nice trick Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Never thought about using that for propulsion, I'll try it out next time I'm on Dance. Seems more efficient than rocket jumping.

It's interesting to have the battle in the background. Smile

Yes, I like how you did this in-game also!

Also, I see it takes up a lot of health which is cool so we will probably not see this a) being abused b) beind used skillfully Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

A trickjump at stormkeep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9n8qf_9bVc

Though somebody told me its already known since Nexuiz, but I didn't play much stormkeep2 and maybe some people don't know it. Smile

http://ompldr.org/vNnNldw/stormkeeptrick%20jump.zip

another trickjump on stormkeep
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Here's a little RL trick on Solarium, could be a frag of the year if it was a frag.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1m1gs9

Xoylent, Runningman:

And some stormkeep tricks and few other maps:

PS: These are old movies. I don't have motivation to make morer anymore.

if someone could tip me on how to make a kitty face that looks good with the xonotic font ... that would be nice ...

(cause the xonotic fount kitty face ends up a square and wierd)

:3

You have the entire unicode range to work with, don't limit yourself to ascii.

how do I type the other unicode characters?

(im using inux mint ... if that matters)

Yeah, unless you have a compose key set up and a proper compose key map, you can't really type a lot of unicode characters on your keyboard. You can however copypaste characters into a config file to make aliases for example.

alias foobar "say <your unicode char here>"

That's not very helpful though, I don't know where to look for something that looks like :3

(10-02-2012, 01:00 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Yeah, unless you have a compose key set up and a proper compose key map, you can't really type a lot of unicode characters on your keyboard. You can however copypaste characters into a config file to make aliases for example.

alias foobar "say <your unicode char here>"

That's not very helpful though, I don't know where to look for something that looks like :3

I'd suggest to either use the table of characters (available in both windows/linux afaik) and look through all the characters, or start off at Wikipedia's lists of Unicode characters (there are quite a bunch of them).
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tips in single player should stay visible a tad longer Margret Thatcher 1 4,300 10-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Infofoed